The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gatorman December 09, 2018

People have told me that I've got serious problems, but I can't help it. I've even laughed at my friend's horrible mother because I found out she had cancer.
A friend of mine was angry with the mother and I said "Don't worry, she's going to die soon anyway lol"

Death and dying people make me laugh. It doesn't affect me, except (at the most) bring me amusement. A few family members have passed and I've mourned for maybe a day or less, and the next day I'm fine.
I even get to the point that it annoys me when people are still mourning. More like a "Get over it. The person is dead, f***ing move on already."

I've contemplated and tried to commit suicide a few times. At first, it's because I really wanted to die.
Nowdays, it's more like "Meh, life is crap. Might as well see what's on the other side."

I like to see little children in misery... What I absolutely hate is seeing animals suffer. I actually spent half an hour removing ants from a spider web because they were stuck and would have died.
I save insects from pools as well, and even though I'm petrified of spiders, I refuse to kill them and become incredibly upset (to the point of crying) when they are killed.

People have said this is not normal. Is that true?
Gatorman

Likes Received: 0

Postby ellla » December 21, 2018 12:41 am

Gatorman wrote:People have told me that I've got serious problems, but I can't help it. I
People have said this is not normal. Is that true?

Its normal for you ..and that's all that need matter.

I would worry more if you didn't have any empathy ..but you do. You empathise with the suffering of Animals. And although you haven't experienced pro-longed periods of Mourning for persons you've lost you do acknowledge " grief" abiet for a short while.

Based on what you've said regarding your contemplation (periodically ) toward suicide . My belief is such - if you place such little value on your own longevity ..there are reasons plenty why you would feel much much less for the survival or longevity of others.
This psyche could change as you age and form serious attachments to others .ie marry, have children etc.

Or it may never change. Either way this is you ..and I really wouldn't worry about it.

also I have to mention laughing on hearing bad news can actually stem from nerves and being emotionally unsure just how to handle good - or in your case bad or difficult information.
There are many people that laugh at inappropriate times for the same reason ..so in this respect also ..you are not alone.
ellla
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 2

The shut down is just ??‍♂️ to the average American. We all know it's a political stunt and those that are Joe Plumber aren't impacted at all so we don't care that the government is shut down.

Another 2 shut downs and no one will ever care about a shut down again and we can maybe board that ***** up for good.

• Like (+1) 1

Circling back to the disease questions (apparently, I never learn):

CBP Commissioner Kevin McAleenan: "Many were ill before they departed their homes," the commissioner said. "We’re talking about cases of pneumonia, tuberculosis, parasites. These are not things that developed urgently in a matter of days."

I found a number of articles on his statements, but almost none repeated the exact words. (I searched for the exact interview, but gave up after 15 minutes... if anyone can find and share, I would be grateful.)

Some of the illnesses that agents have been seeing on a recurring basis are typical winter diseases such as influenza. Some have been diagnosed with very serious problems, including pneumonia, tuberculosis, parasites and gastrointestinal illnesses.

I "believe" the statements were in conjunction with this release:

CBP Commissioner: Continued Humanitarian Crisis - Increase in Medical Emergencies on the Southern Border

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Circling back to the disease questions (apparently, I never learn):

CBP Commissioner Kevin McAleenan: "Many were ill before they departed their homes," the commissioner said. "We’re talking about cases of pneumonia, tuberculosis, parasites. These are not things that developed urgently in a matter of days."

I found a number of articles on his statements, but almost none repeated the exact words. (I searched for the exact interview, but gave up after 15 minutes... if anyone can find and share, I would be grateful.)

Some of the illnesses that agents have been seeing on a recurring basis are typical winter diseases such as influenza. Some have been diagnosed with very serious problems, including pneumonia, tuberculosis, parasites and gastrointestinal illnesses.

I "believe" the statements were in conjunction with this release:

CBP Commissioner: Continued Humanitarian Crisis - Increase in Medical Emergencies on the Southern Border

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/week-transcript-12-30-18-customs-border-protection/story%3fid=60067291 transcript of sunday

Maybe there

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't see it in the transcripts, but he did get this in during that interview: 

MCALEENAN: When you're talking about 60,000 people flowing across the border, when you’re talking about drug smuggling increasing between ports of entry, hard narcotics, synthetic opioids, methamphetamine coming -- 25 percent increase the -- last year. We’ve seen it increase again the first three months of this year. We need a barrier to help us stop that, to push into -- the traffic into areas that we can control more effectively. And it’s a multi-faceted approach. Sure, we need counter drone technology too. We appreciate Congress giving the secretary the authority to start exploring that.

</snip>

We need to be able to stop drugs coming through in vehicles and being carried by individuals crossing that border, too, and we need technology to help us do that.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I don't see it in the transcripts, but he did get this in during that interview: 

MCALEENAN: When you're talking about 60,000 people flowing across the border, when you’re talking about drug smuggling increasing between ports of entry, hard narcotics, synthetic opioids, methamphetamine coming -- 25 percent increase the -- last year. We’ve seen it increase again the first three months of this year. We need a barrier to help us stop that, to push into -- the traffic into areas that we can control more effectively. And it’s a multi-faceted approach. Sure, we need counter drone technology too. We appreciate Congress giving the secretary the authority to start exploring that.

</snip>

We need to be able to stop drugs coming through in vehicles and being carried by individuals crossing that border, too, and we need technology to help us do that.

The connection we are starting to see drawn is the Asian influence on these synthetics. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That's three, where are the thousands? 

And how would your Trumpty Dumpty's wall of saved those people? What if they just came in another way? 

How would gun control laws work to prevent high school shootings? What if they just got the guns illegally?

(That's the logic you're trying)

What's A Few More Dead Americans If It Means The Dems Can Score A Few More Political Points?

83ba046c-20b1-46a6-afc5-7be1304d81e4.png...by Kurt Schlichter

Corporal Ronil Singh is dead, apparently murdered by a gangmember who was here illegally, and who stayed here illegally despite having been busted twice for DUIs. Thank you for ensuring that happened, Democrats. And thank you too, Fredocons, for so ably doing the bidding of your corporate donor cronies who desperately want to keep the foreigner spigot open. 

Liberals need pliable, reliable replacement voters to buy off with your tax money, and the captains of industry want a pool of eager serfs. The illegals themselves just want to get out of the crummy countries whose policies Democrats expect they are willing to vote for here in El Norte. Gosh, it seems the only people who want the tsunami of illegal aliens to subside are us Normal Americans. But then, as with the elite’s endless wars and ruinous social experimentation, we Normals get stuck with the check for the costs and have to pay it with our money and our blood.

Kate Steinle. Jamiel Shaw. Mollie Tibbets. Now Corporal Singh. Oh, and let’s not forget the tens of thousands of our sons and daughters ODing on the  fentanyl that flows over the wide open border. But all that death means nothing.

It’s much more important for the Dems and Never Trumpers to score some points on Donald Trump…and on you. 

No wall, because Trump promised it and if they can break his will then they can “Read my lips” their way to a victory for whatever pinko heartthrob wins the 2020 donkey nomination.

No wall, because they gotta replace you uppity American voters with new ones who are willing to submit.

No wall, no matter how many American citizens have to die.

Every day that they refuse to allow the man we elected president to fulfill the most basic function of a national government - securing its national borders - they make a deliberate choice to accept more dead Americans. Oh, and more crime, poverty and welfare costs too. They are willing to let it all happen because their power means much, much more to them than your prosperity, your security, or your life.

They won’t say it aloud, of course, but the way to out liars is not to listen to what they say but to watch what they do. And what they do is everything they can to ensure illegals can get in, and that once they get in, we can’t get them out. 

In a country where the ruling class gave a damn about those it governs, the scumbag who murdered Corporal Singh would never have snuck in, and if he had, he would have been tossed before racking up two DUIs. But he wasn’t. California is a sanctuary state. It’s just not a sanctuary for citizens like you.

When they want to strip American citizens of our Second Amendment rights (and, not coincidentally, our ability to resist them), they howl that disarming all of us would be worth it if it saved just one life. It’s a stupid talking point with regard to the Bill of Rights, because even if rights were subject to a costs/benefits balancing test (they aren’t), the fact is that only a fraction of a fraction of the 300 million-plus arms that our citizens keep and bear will ever be used in a crime.

More at the link: https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/12/31/whats-a-few-more-dead-americans-if-it-means-the-dems-can-score-a-few-more-political-points-n2538249

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

How would gun control laws work to prevent high school shootings? What if they just got the guns illegally?

(That's the logic you're trying)

No, my logic is that the wall isn't going to save "thousands of lives" that are not in any danger. 

That is a lie. There are not thousands of lives being destroyed by illegals, that is totally scapegoating immigrants. It's a dirty lie. 

But 40,000 people died by guns in the USA last year, since you brought it up. https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/health/gun-deaths-highest-40-years-cdc/index.html

You do not care about that though, you seriously care more about the lie. 

Lies vs truth. 

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

What's A Few More Dead Americans If It Means The Dems Can Score A Few More Political Points?

83ba046c-20b1-46a6-afc5-7be1304d81e4.png...by Kurt Schlichter

Corporal Ronil Singh is dead, apparently murdered by a gangmember who was here illegally, and who stayed here illegally despite having been busted twice for DUIs. Thank you for ensuring that happened, Democrats. And thank you too, Fredocons, for so ably doing the bidding of your corporate donor cronies who desperately want to keep the foreigner spigot open. 

Liberals need pliable, reliable replacement voters to buy off with your tax money, and the captains of industry want a pool of eager serfs. The illegals themselves just want to get out of the crummy countries whose policies Democrats expect they are willing to vote for here in El Norte. Gosh, it seems the only people who want the tsunami of illegal aliens to subside are us Normal Americans. But then, as with the elite’s endless wars and ruinous social experimentation, we Normals get stuck with the check for the costs and have to pay it with our money and our blood.

Kate Steinle. Jamiel Shaw. Mollie Tibbets. Now Corporal Singh. Oh, and let’s not forget the tens of thousands of our sons and daughters ODing on the  fentanyl that flows over the wide open border. But all that death means nothing.

It’s much more important for the Dems and Never Trumpers to score some points on Donald Trump…and on you. 

No wall, because Trump promised it and if they can break his will then they can “Read my lips” their way to a victory for whatever pinko heartthrob wins the 2020 donkey nomination.

No wall, because they gotta replace you uppity American voters with new ones who are willing to submit.

No wall, no matter how many American citizens have to die.

Every day that they refuse to allow the man we elected president to fulfill the most basic function of a national government - securing its national borders - they make a deliberate choice to accept more dead Americans. Oh, and more crime, poverty and welfare costs too. They are willing to let it all happen because their power means much, much more to them than your prosperity, your security, or your life.

They won’t say it aloud, of course, but the way to out liars is not to listen to what they say but to watch what they do. And what they do is everything they can to ensure illegals can get in, and that once they get in, we can’t get them out. 

In a country where the ruling class gave a damn about those it governs, the scumbag who murdered Corporal Singh would never have snuck in, and if he had, he would have been tossed before racking up two DUIs. But he wasn’t. California is a sanctuary state. It’s just not a sanctuary for citizens like you.

When they want to strip American citizens of our Second Amendment rights (and, not coincidentally, our ability to resist them), they howl that disarming all of us would be worth it if it saved just one life. It’s a stupid talking point with regard to the Bill of Rights, because even if rights were subject to a costs/benefits balancing test (they aren’t), the fact is that only a fraction of a fraction of the 300 million-plus arms that our citizens keep and bear will ever be used in a crime.

More at the link: https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/12/31/whats-a-few-more-dead-americans-if-it-means-the-dems-can-score-a-few-more-political-points-n2538249

No, actually YOU and Conservatives are using that death to score political points. God, how dense can you be? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

No, my logic is that the wall isn't going to save "thousands of lives" that are not in any danger. 

That is a lie. There are not thousands of lives being destroyed by illegals, that is totally scapegoating immigrants. It's a dirty lie. 

But 40,000 people died by guns in the USA last year, since you brought it up. https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/health/gun-deaths-highest-40-years-cdc/index.html

You do not care about that though, you seriously care more about the lie. 

Lies vs truth. 

You don't care about it either. Lol, you're such a scumbag.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

And it's worse than you think! Women are too afraid to conceive babies now! 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-births-hit-lowest-number-since-1987-1526529661

The birthrate is way down! So think about that! Fewer "American" babies, and no stupid, useless wall!! 

Doomed!! 

question here....

might one be correct in thinking that with all the roles being reversed and the (stupid) attempt to move away from a binary world that that is probably the real underlying cause here?