The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Love to bitchslap you dicklickers all day, but the RV is fired up and I’m heading to the game! See yah in a few days! 

You seem to be obsessed with American men's genitals. You must be a member of the Canadian Ballet.

White House to Freeze Pay for Federal Workers in 2019
Roll Call, by Staff

Original Article

As the partial government shutdown grinds on, President Donald Trump signed an executive order Friday evening that would freeze pay for federal workers in 2019. Trump telegraphed the move in his February budget request for fiscal 2019 when he proposed a pay freeze for the roughly 2.1 million federal civilian workers. That plan was confirmed by a formal announcement in August required to head off steep pay raises that would automatically take effect under a 1990 law, which presidents of both parties routinely override.

:lol: God forbid, you would just actually change the law..........

If you think Trump cancelled his holiday plans for show, think again. Here’s what he’s been up to today.
by Vivek Saxena

Original Article

13 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Now this one is funny! At this very moment, I am less than 2 blocks away from Obama's DC house...there ain't no 10-foot wall around it , I can promise you that!!!

Now, I will say this. Ivanka lives on the same street as me(Kalorama RD), as a matter of fact, I will be running by her house in about 20 minutes. Just those steel crowd control gates around the outside, 2 black secret service Suburbans, and 3 other beat up old cars with secret service ( i assume)in them scattered around the street.

Not 100 feet away from her house, is the entrance to Obama's street(Belmont). Jersey wall there, with a cop call and secret service at the entrance..only people getting down that street are residents and folks on a guest list! I have always laughed at that a bit..thinking Trump could not care less if Obama was kidnapped, but would start WW3 if someone took Ivanka.

The other thing that has always shocked me is no one mentioning that Obama's house is about a 2-minute walk to the largest Mosque in the DC area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Center_of_Washington 

Democrats Make a Plan to End the Government Shutdown, Without Wall Funding (NYT)

Some highlights, beyond the ridiculously biased headline:

While the measures are expected to pass the House, there is no guarantee the shutdown will soon end given the Senate is still firmly controlled by Republicans.

[...]

“It’s simple,” said Don Stewart, a spokesman for Mr. McConnell. “The Senate is not going to send something to the president that he won’t sign.”

So their plan to end the shutdown is to...not end the shutdown?  Pelosi thinks the House can just pass bills and the Senate and President will do what they're told?  

Ms. Pelosi, meanwhile [...] said in a recent interview. “But he has to recognize, we are the first branch, Article 1, the legislative branch, and we’re here not as a rubber stamp to the executive branch but are coequal to him.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

...<breath>...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

NOW she thinks this?  Where was this thinking nine years ago?

Representative Tim Ryan, Democrat of Ohio, said in an interview Monday. “We’ve got to really learn how to play jujitsu with the president and figure out how to take the wall issue and show the American people that we are the modern party who will actually secure the border [...]"

Same guy who voted for Bush's "enhanced border fence" doesn't support a "wall."  But then voted to cut funding to CBP, ICE, and USCIS six years later, and now wants people to believe he'll "actually secure the border."

What's funny is that I actually support everything he said.  I just don't support him, because while I agree with the principles he espouses, I don't believe for a second that he does.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Democrats Make a Plan to End the Government Shutdown, Without Wall Funding (NYT)

Some highlights, beyond the ridiculously biased headline:

So their plan to end the shutdown is to...not end the shutdown?  Pelosi thinks the House can just pass bills and the Senate and President will do what they're told? 

I'd pass the same bill the Senate passed before the shutdown and dare them to not pass it in the Senate.

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They won't pass it. 

No, they won't.

Ultimately, this goes back to the federal government operating without a coherent budget since...I'm not sure when.  They keep passing piecemeal continuing resolutions.  Probably since 2004, when they funded the Iraq occupation with off-budget supplemental bills.

• Like (+1) 1

Thousands of Americans are dying! Dying!! Because of Nancy Pelosi! The stupid wall would just save so many lives because those immigrants are killers, just murdering everyone they see. They are not peaceful, like us.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/31/alabama-congressman-pelosi-schumer-have-blood-their-hands-by-not-funding-border-wall/?utm_term=.1d8b8e48451a

In an interview with WAAY Tv, Brooks, a representative for Alabama’s 5th Congressional District, took Trump’s sentiment a step further. He specifically blamed presumptive House speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) for the deaths of “thousands” of Americans each year because of illegal immigrants. He did not offer facts or statistics to support his claim.

What's the problem, Gleeful Gator? Is it because you consider all those killer illegal aliens as comedians? I know they make you laugh, but do you laugh louder when MS-13 does the killing? How about the beheadings done with a machete? Do they produce belly laughs?

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What's the problem, Gleeful Gator? Is it because you consider all those killer illegal aliens as comedians? I know they make you laugh, but do you laugh louder when MS-13 does the killing? How about the beheadings done with a machete? Do they produce belly laughs?

Thousands and thousands dying! The blood is everywhere! Why are Democrats not building the useless wall? 

Oh no! Right out my window, an illegal one just killed an old lady and took her purse!