Is Josh Allen your QB?

Is Josh Allen your QB?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh Allen your QB or not? Here's the spectrum I see. Let us all know where you stand. I'm going with #1.

• Yes, Josh is the franchise. Don't draft a QB in 2019, get the best FA vet to backup and mentor.
    • Yes, but I want to draft another QB in 2019.
    • Maybe, I want a mid-low QB draft pick in 2019.
    • Probably not, so I want a high-mid QB draft pick in 2019.
    • No, I definitely want a high QB draft pick in 2019.
    • Hell no, blow it up and start over.

Couple of bad throws yesterday trying to do too much and he continues to struggle to throw screen passes for whatever reason.  Really bad drops hurt him too, 2 of those were really nice 20+ yard plays.  The Clay drop ultimately led to the fumble the very next play and Zay killed the drive with the other.  Foster 2 blocking penalties killed 2 other drives before they could start.

He did make nice throws pushing the ball down the field, the 15-20 yard range he can hit just fine.  It's underneath that where he seems to lack touch.. these should be the easier passes to hit.  I'm not sure if you can just practice "having touch" though.  

18 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I like that Josh can run but its going to be his undoing if he doesn't learn to pass much better.

As of now I keep seeing Josh take a step forward only to see him take 2 steps back as a passing QB.

One moment I thinks its happening for him, and then he makes a few bone throws to offset it all.

The drop by Zay was painful and could of been a difference maker though....

But As it stands right now I want a real QB competition. Because 2 with potential trumps one with potential IMO

He takes FEWER hits running than he does in the pocket, if you're paying attention.

The inside of the OL is abominable.

6 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Oh my God. our rookie QB threw two interceptions and had a fumble - The sky is falling.  You're such a "chicken little."    

Should scalp him.

Just now, jrober38 said:

None of this is based on facts or evidence. It's just what you hope will happen.

People though EJ Manuel would get better after his rookie season. He was big, strong and smart, but just never figured out how to pass the football well enough at the NFL level. It wasn't from a lack of talent or effort. 

Until Allen actually develops, you can't say it's going to happen. It's just a raw projection of something that may or may not happen. 

EJ Manuel is the opposite player of Josh Allen. EJM checked down over and over and never made big plays. Josh Allen makes tons of plays but struggles to check it down. They're completely opposite. The difference is that for EJM to develop he must make more big plays than he is capable of. For Allen to develop he must learn the mundane and tedious side of QBing, the boring B word work that any 7th round QB can learn.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

He takes FEWER hits running than he does in the pocket, if you're paying attention.

The inside of the OL is abominable.

Should scalp him.

LMAO

12 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

None of this is based on facts or evidence. It's just what you hope will happen.

People though EJ Manuel would get better after his rookie season. He was big, strong and smart, but just never figured out how to pass the football well enough at the NFL level. It wasn't from a lack of talent or effort. 

Until Allen actually develops, you can't say it's going to happen. It's just a raw projection of something that may or may not happen. 

I agree with NewDay; if you see Allen as EJ redux at this point, your perceptions are distorted by preconceived notions. Funny how you are "wait and see," Rosen may turn into Goff with the right hire in Arizona (presuming a new coach,) but those who anticipate Allen improving greatly with improved players around him are vainly imagining another EJ suddenly getting better.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Tell me, smart guy, where did he sustain his injury?

Not here for debate.  I made my observation.

Josh needs to learn to hit those quick passes and put the defense back on its heels.. The running is a nice perk, but he is depending on it..  He needs to start hitting those 3 step quick passes with some consistency then the OL will look better the offense in general will look better. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

He threw 2 picks and had a terrible fumble. 

Both were awful throws. 

The second pick was trying to make a play in desperation mode. Should have thrown it outside. And a guy gets hit from behind and fumbles.  Never see that in the NFL.

So now we're going to predict the future on two passes vs. one?

13 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Is Josh Allen your QB or not?  Here's the spectrum I see.  Let us all know where you stand.  I'm going with #1.

Yes, but I want to draft another QB in 2019.

Maybe, I want a mid-low QB draft pick in 2019.

I'd like a 2.5.  

Maybe, but I want to draft another QB in 2019.

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I was pissed CBS didn't show the replay on this throw.

I wanted to see if it was an inaccurate pass or Clay just dropping it.

While a little blurry, looks like a clear drop from Clay. 

Unless it was the drop prior, Clay clearly slapped his helmet with both hands.  That says it all

11 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

McD should have asked the team this question in the lockeroom at halftime. You don’t let your QB get his ass kicked like that. 

O-line has always been weak in town

Juice, Kelly and Flutie had to improvise to make it work.

Juice and Kelly took brutal beatings that heavily cut off peak years of their careers

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

O-line has always been weak in town

Juice, Kelly and Flutie had to improvise to make it work.

Juice and Kelly took brutal beatings that heavily cut off peak years of their careers

Back when brutal beatings were a weekly thing. They aren’t allowed anymore. The Jets didn’t care, they said bring on the flags we are going to beat him anyways. They jumped around and celebrated their hits, no one on the Bills responded. Then they got brazen enough to wack the kicker.

Mario Williams would have been proud of that heartless effort and response yesterday by the other 52.

11 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Did you see my post before I deleted 99.5 percent of it.  Im pretty sick of the idiots.  They think we have a bad GM and coaching staff.  They try to point the finger at the D when Allen made a few critical "Rookie Mistakes"(That isnt a term I made up it exists for a reason.  Could it be that its not uncommon for rookies to make those mistakes.  Even Rookie Manning and Brees made those mistakes).  Crossman will be gone before the end of the season if not the week because special teams is a serious issue this season.  We are in good shape for the future finally.

Seriously, ST is a lead anchor out there.  And when is the tsunami of stupid penalties going to stop.  Getting sick n tired of em

20 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Not here for debate.  I made my observation.

Josh needs to learn to hit those quick passes and put the defense back on its heels.. The running is a nice perk, but he is depending on it..  He needs to start hitting those 3 step quick passes with some consistency then the OL will look better the offense in general will look better. 

And your observation was, on the whole, incorrect.

Also of note: if you're posting to a message board and not looking for debate, you're doing it wrong.