Bills have released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Steptide said:

I completely forgot Holmes was still on this roster 

You missed his amazing punt coverage?  Or did you miss his special teams penalties?

44 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Corey was picked up by the Patriots. Dreadful Patriots.

Matthews caught a key TD for Philly the other night, Dreadful Eagles.

Zay Jones is on fire in his second year. Dreadful Bills.

But other than that, you TOTALLY nailed it. :lol:

On fire?

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I wonder if KB will be like Schmidt, and show up to tailgate with fans Sunday.  Mead, give him a stromboli!  Do you make a 'low cal' version?

No, Keep him as far away from OP as we can.

1 hour ago, Joeziehmer said:

A lot of these guys they brought in like KB and Trent Murphy they are now having severe buyers remorse on.  When you read how his gaps, assignments, reads, and stunts got manhandled it doesn’t give one confidence with Love being promoted it means that we keep Murphy as a big body and perhaps transition it to DT just to clog running lanes but even that is a stretch.  

Not quite sure what you're watching. Murphy's been fine when healthy. You say "a lot of these guys they brought in ... they are now having severe buyers remorse on." Who, other than Benjamin?

Ivory? Barkley? McKenzie? Poyer and Hyde? Lotulelei? They're paying Clay too much but they aren't the FO that paid far too much for him. Their pickups have mostly been OK, though they've taken some low-priced fliers on guys that haven't worked out, like Pryor and Boldin, but there's nothing wrong with trying in situations like this.

They've made some mistakes ... everyone does. But overall, understanding that this was a rebuild, they've done fine so far. Still a lot to prove, but they've done well while still cleaning up the salary cap.

10 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

You missed his amazing punt coverage?  Or did you miss his special teams penalties?

On fire?

3 TDs in his last three games? I wouldn't have used those words, myself, but they're not all that far off the mark. He's playing well recently, with a revolving cast at QB and as a 2nd year man who was injured for a lot of camp.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

I love, love, LOVED McDermotts comment "we need to trim the fat off that route" i was literally rolling on the floor laughing. 

Then 2 days later hes canned. LOVE IT!

Hahaha my coach would say the same thing when looking directly at overweight underperforming players. It's not a deep metaphor!

39 minutes ago, yrly said:

Call me crazy but I would not have cut him.

Guaranteed salary is one reason. I’d have made him sit the bench. No one would have signed him next year so you could sign him to a very low heavily performance laden contract. In doing so you could throw him out there as a decoy on certain routes even if he sucks they’ll still cover him.

Now someone can try him out for free

I kinda thought the same thing, but it opened up 2 rosters spots and they brought up 2 guys from the practice squad that are fighting for chance all year for a spot, when kb looked like he was collecting a pay check and nothing else.

29 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

On fire?

He looked like a casualty this offseason, and with a new quarterback he's easily going to double his rookie production.

He's getting better. More productive. He helped account for 14 of the team's 17 points this weekend. 

So, yeah. For Zay Jones, he's on fire. Think it's too much? Fine. But he's much closer to "on fire" than "dreadful." Anyone can see that.

Well, anyone being honest with themselves.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Corey was picked up by the Patriots. Dreadful Patriots.

Matthews caught a key TD for Philly the other night, Dreadful Eagles.

Zay Jones is on fire in his second year. Dreadful Bills.

But other than that, you TOTALLY nailed it. :lol:

What a silly post.  We traded Darby, a starting cb on the Eagles (who were happy to get rid of JM) for Matthews.  He had less than 300 yards for us (he has less than 300 yards for the Eagles this year).  Great move.

we traded a 7th for Coleman and cut him after a week.  The Pats picked him up for nothing and cut him.  Great point!!!

Zay Jones is on ? to the tune of 42 yards/ game! Meanwhile, JuJu is at 92 yards/ game and is a top 10 receiver. Kupp was at 71.  Fun fact, they didn’t have to trade up for either of these guys.  But man, you really got me!!!  

another fun fact.  It’s ok as a bills fan to not pretend like every move they make is great.  They have a done good job on defense.  But to pretend like they haven’t been failures on offense, especially at receiver, is just lying to yourself.  This offense sucked.

2 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

I love, love, LOVED McDermotts comment "we need to trim the fat off that route" i was literally rolling on the floor laughing. 

Then 2 days later hes canned. LOVE IT!

Our coach was with him in Carolina when he was like 300 lbs and traded for him.  So dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

When Beane traded for KB I was so very happy that the Bills finally had that big, tall red zone target AND he had a history of success at Carolina.

This guy was playing like he just signed a 100 million dollar contact and turned into a complete bum in Buffalo while in a contract year...dunno why. 

Now I'm glad that overpaid underachiever is finally gone and was wondering why it took so long.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Woo Hoo !!!

two of the guys i wanted gone !

A bunch more to go.

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

I completely forgot Holmes was still on this roster 

Me to until i was going through the roster for spring cleaning

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well OK then but who are we putting on the field?

Croom?

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Boldin retired. And they didn't lose a dollar on him. No fault falls on the Bills for that evaluation.

Well come on now, no fault at all? I don't think the Bills signed Boldin with the expectation that he'd be retiring a few weeks later. Or Vontae Davis, for that matter -- they brought these guys in expecting them to contribute or else they wouldn't have brought them in. The team spent resources to acquire Jordan Matthews & Kelvin Benjamin expecting more than what they ended up getting. It's a recurring theme with this regime -- their evaluation of what they will be getting out of a player has mismatched with the reality of the player a lot in a short amount of time. Boldin, Davis, Benjamin, Matthews, Peterman... those are all pretty significant misfires in evaluating a player's ability to contribute.

But maybe it's all just part of the process! 

This move gives me hope that Beane and McD may just be ok after all.

The offense has been getting a little more attention lately with guys like McKenzie. 

They are cutting the fat and giving young guys a chance. 

Good moves.  Now let’s see what happens in the draft.... in six months.

That is a long time to wait to see what happens next. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Woo Hoo !!!

two of the guys i wanted gone !

A bunch more to go.

Me to until i was going through the roster for spring cleaning

Croom?

....Pegula's daughter approves of this message.........:thumbsup:.....

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

When Beane traded for KB I was so very happy that the Bills finally had that big, tall red zone target AND he had a history of success at Carolina.

This guy was playing like he just signed a 100 million dollar contact and turned into a complete bum in Buffalo while in a contract year...dunno why. 

Now I'm glad that overpaid underachiever is finally gone and was wondering why it took so long.

It took long cause this regime traded for him.  If he was a Whaley deciphile he would have been gone long ago 

• Like (+1) 2