Generation X: Arcade Games You Kicked Ass At

Gugny

58 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I remember as a kid playing Ms. Pac Man at the local Pizza Hut. They had one of the two-seater table-style games.

Awesome.

Yup.  Our Pizza Hut had one, too.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Arcade games in the 80s/early 90s.  Not video games you played at home.

One of the threads here made me think of the game, "Joust."  That was a game that I was insanely good at.

Some others:

Track and Field (the one where you had to hit the two buttons really fast to run, etc.)

Galaga

Tron

I really liked Q-Bert, but that game just pissed me off because I couldn't get very far.

I was too stoned to remember. 

4 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Battlezone

Asteroids

Galaga

Galaxian

Space Invaders

Centipede

Used to really like Gravitar, but it was really tough.

Most of these sound familiar 

Some of the original PC games.

Google Leisure Suit Larry. 

About 4 years ago, I stopped at a hotel I hadn't been to since the mid-1980's. We would spend hours in their game room. Even though the hotel has changed names over the years, the game room was still there, just a few less games than they used to have....

IMG_0306.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

About 4 years ago, I stopped at a hotel I hadn't been to since the mid-1980's. We would spend hours in their game room. Even though the hotel has changed names over the years, the game room was still there, just a few less games than they used to have....

IMG_0306.JPG

The Mount Washington hotel up in NH has a room that looks almost exactly like that.  I would have asked if that's where this was, but I don't think they're a place that has changed names.

Funny I know these two artsy, genius, sisters.  About 6 years ago, I was hanging with one-and she told me she would kick my ass at Galaga.  I grew up in arcades, and said no way- we need to find a Galaga machine.  Well we found one at Cutlers Record shop in New Haven.  She kicked my ass!  I never saw a Galaga wiz like her!  She got over 200,000!

I wasnt a big arcade guy as they cost $ and I wasnt really unleased in the mall as a kid or anything.

There was a Roadblasters machine at the Holiday Inn on Grand Island which I played a lot.  We were able to get certain games there to spit out free quarters and would lay Roadblasters which was fun.

I played a good amount of Nintendo as a kid.  I would say my best "accomplishment" was beating Battletoads, although didn't reach that 'pinnacle' until the Summer after I graduated college

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

Funny I know these two artsy, genius, sisters.  About 6 years ago, I was hanging with one-and she told me she would kick my ass at Galaga.  I grew up in arcades, and said no way- we need to find a Galaga machine.  Well we found one at Cutlers Record shop in New Haven.  She kicked my ass!  I never saw a Galaga wiz like her!  She got over 200,000!

So how long did this hunt for a Galaga machine take?

55 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I wasnt a big arcade guy as they cost $ and I wasnt really unleased in the mall as a kid or anything.

There was a Roadblasters machine at the Holiday Inn on Grand Island which I played a lot.  We were able to get certain games there to spit out free quarters and would lay Roadblasters which was fun.

I played a good amount of Nintendo as a kid.  I would say my best "accomplishment" was beating Battletoads, although didn't reach that 'pinnacle' until the Summer after I graduated college

at a KOA campground in Vermont my cousin and I were able to scrounge out about 100 Canadian quarters that didn't go fully through the return slot on pinball machines and games, that was a great night for an 11 year old