Is Shady done?

Hebert19

He’s looked washed all year to me. Maybe he isn’t meshing well with the new Offesive/Run Blocking scheme, but unless he has an AP-esque Renaissance, he’s toast.  Should’ve traded him before the deadline when he still had a shred of value. Good luck unloading him this offseason...

Longest run this year? 28 yards. Yes, the QB situation has been a mess. Yes, the O line has been a work in progress. But peak Shady would’ve broken a couple tackles once or twice all by himself for 40+ yard gains.  That’s not happening anymore. And that’s in a league where huge breakaway runs are increasingly common, and not just by so-called elite runners. I don’t think he’s done; I do think he’s moving into the situational back/part-timer phase of his career, but he needs someone to grab that 15-20 carries role from him, and so far nobody on this roster has. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

52 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

The Bills could save 6 mil by cutting him after this year, they should do that but probably won’t. It is def time to move on.

If we want to compete with the big boys, he will be cut.  RB's are a dime a dozen now and most teams look at it that way.  Patriots would cut him, Dallas would as well (ie Dez),  he should be thanked for his service and shown the door.

• Like (+1) 1

We’d save 6.5m against the cap, right? 

Id be down with a mid round pick and a solid free agent at this point

if he restructured to a 2 year 10-12m kind of deal then maybe he’s that “free agent” and he gets his last contract 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I don't know if he is done or not, but it is obvious that many people on this board do not realize how bad our offensive line is, really quite clueless.

If Chris Ivory was lights out every time he carried the ball in place of Shady, I'd say yeah, he's probably lost a step and might not be a full-time player anymore. However, Ivory didn't have any room out there either. Again, they've tinkered with the OL, Teller is only on his third game, they have Sirles in at right guard and then they had Bodine go down yesterday and had to put Groy in there. It's a miracle Allen wasn't plastered into the turf yesterday. The pass blocking actually wasn't too shabby. But the run blocking, as it has been all season aside from the Jets game, was pure poop.

Nothing would shock me as to what the Bills do with the RB situation.

I find it hard to justify keeping both Shady and Ivory on the roster next year.

I feel one (at least) will be gone.

So much will be determined during FA when it comes to the offense.

I have no idea who they sign but it surely will determine who is drafted and who is kept from this year.

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Ok.  I said it.  I think he may be done.  The burst is gone.  And since that concussion his desire to get a tough yard or 2 is gone. 

He and ivory look like what they are.  30 something running backs.  

I think he could still be a very good 3rd down back...or a 2 headed monster if we drafted a downhill bruiser in the draft....but his days as the feature back are over.  He either restructures in the offseason or I'd say hes going to be cut. 

He isnt what he was but stiill has one of the fastest TDs of the season.  Our Oline is beyond bad now.

I don’t think he’s done. This O-line is terrible and Daboll makes no effort to get Shady outside the tackles or call any plays where there are cut back lanes. If they aren’t willing to design a running game that plays to his strengths than they should move on and save 6.5 million cap hit

1 hour ago, Smiley Dear said:

I don’t think he’s done. This O-line is terrible and Daboll makes no effort to get Shady outside the tackles or call any plays where there are cut back lanes. If they aren’t willing to design a running game that plays to his strengths than they should move on and save 6.5 million cap hit

Agreed.  I don't think he's done, He still has allot of talent.  They just don't use him right; need to get him into space, not bashing him up between the tackles.  Use him like the Patriots use James White.  He's an automatic mismatch with just about any LB in the league.  I'd like to see more throwing from 21 personnel sets.