Dolphins 21 Bills 17 Postgame Thread

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think the O-line has gotten better.  Many places, he had a lot more time than a month ago.

Bad running game?  He's the best rusher on the field, hands down.  Ivory is an afterthought.  McCoy is ineffective again.

The o-line is pretty average at pass blocking but the run blocking has to be some of the worst in the league. Dawkins has been disappointing and he's our best lineman.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Today was the most upset I have been after a loss in a real long time. It just sucks knowing how long the offseason is and how long it will be until a game matters again. The Bills had plenty of chances to win today. I was never in the camp of just writing an entire year off. There are to many factors from year to year. I know the Bills weren’t going anywhere but it would have been nice to get a few more weeks out of this season. Now there is an entire month worth of meaningless games. It’s a shame.

I think both Brian Moorman and Jesus would tell you nothing has changed for the worse. In fact, I’m very encouraged to see Josh put the offense on his shoulders! This season was all about Allen and the young guys developing. That is still going to be fun to watch. We weren’t going to the playoffs anyway. If we did, we were an easy out. It’s not about THIS year, it’s about progress and development. I’m looking forward to that and the years ahead with this team. 

Still a lot of holes to fill and work to do, but I’m encouraged. 

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Anyone else see the no calls on the Pats DB's in the Viking's game?  Clearly they call it different for the Pats.

Refs call it in the favour of the team that plays better, did it all the time when I reffed, felt best when the weaker team was a bunch of mouthy jerks as well, we’d laugh about it after 

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Today was the most upset I have been after a loss in a real long time. It just sucks knowing how long the offseason is and how long it will be until a game matters again. The Bills had plenty of chances to win today. I was never in the camp of just writing an entire year off. There are to many factors from year to year. I know the Bills weren’t going anywhere but it would have been nice to get a few more weeks out of this season. Now there is an entire month worth of meaningless games. It’s a shame.

Myself included. Even in the blowouts you just accept the fact your team wasn’t better that day.  But to lose like this Pissed me off, especially when players like Clay and Benjamin keep letting the team down.  Not to mention the horrible refs. Horrible 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The o-line is pretty average at pass blocking but the run blocking has to be some of the worst in the league. Dawkins has been disappointing and he's our best lineman.

Run blocking is bad, but we need an upgrade at RB.  Until then, Allen is amazing at scrambling.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Refs call it in the favour of the team that plays better, did it all the time when I reffed, felt best when the weaker team was a bunch of mouthy jerks as well, we’d laugh about it after 

So, what youre saying is......you cheated as a ref. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

So, what youre saying is......you cheated as a ref. 

Rules are there for interpretation, all refs will allow things to bend for the good of the game

you let a kid take an extra step to dunk it or do something creative

you put the whistle away when a team is down a goal in a hockey game and don’t give them a penalty you’d call earlier

in soccer you ignore a foul if possession is kept by the offended team

9 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Anyone else see the no calls on the Pats DB's in the Viking's game?  Clearly they call it different for the Pats.

Yeah, should have two called and nothing, what else is new, They would have thrown them in out game for sure

Edited by marco14150

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Wow, seriously? Thanks for being honest, I guess. But if NFL refs are doing this, it borders on criminal, and surely is highly unethical and against league rules.

• Thank you (+1) 1

——————-

a few years ago an ump was on Toronto radio talking about a dispute with a manager and said he knew he blew the call but so what

the radio announcer had a snowflake  meltdown, couldn’t get over the admission of an error and no concern all about it

great laughter

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Rules are there for interpretation, all refs will allow things to bend for the good of the game

you let a kid take an extra step to dunk it or do something creative

you put the whistle away when a team is down a goal in a hockey game and don’t give them a penalty you’d call earlier

in soccer you ignore a foul if possession is kept by the offended team

So, again, you cheated. To “favor” a team is to cheat. I know it happens, you see “make up calls” all the time, but it’s rarely admitted to. 

Just now, John in Jax said:

Wow, seriously? Thanks for being honest, I guess. But if NFL refs are doing this, it borders on criminal, and surely is highly unethical and against league rules.

Two situations:

the battle at the line of scrimmage has holding every play but it’s only called if an egregious advantage is gained on the play

same with the battle between a WR and the secondary for position

the more talented know how to get thru this more often and only a truly major advantage from illegal tactics get a call

Just now, Augie said:

So, again, you cheated. To “favor” a team is to cheat. I know it happens, you see “make up calls” all the time, but it’s rarely admitted to. 

Of course they happen, some sports it’s easier to blend them in, baseball calls are the easiest to make up for

the only thing they don’t admit is in hoops for an obvious foul on an inside shot, they delay on the call to see if it went in first, then call a foul if it didn’t. Sometimes the ball rolls around the rim a few times and it’s so obvious 

they never admit to that

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

I don't agree. He didn't take any unnecessary shots today. As long as he doesn't, run all you want. 

Hard to argue with his success today, but he is a huge target while inning and even a fluky running play can cause him to get hurt

with his arm he has to stand there a little longer and risk taking the sack, he is on the right path

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

——————-

a few years ago an ump was on Toronto radio talking about a dispute with a manager and said he knew he blew the call but so what

the radio announcer had a snowflake  meltdown, couldn’t get over the admission of an error and no concern all about it

great laughter

Blowing a call happens. No problem there.  Favoring one team is cheating. 

Just now, Watkins90 said:

I don't agree. He didn't take any unnecessary shots today. As long as he doesn't, run all you want. 

Wut? HE GOT LUCKY today. Surely you realize that the more often he runs, the probability of him getting hurt increases greatly? It will only be a matter of time before some linebacker, or even worse, some defensive lineman, coming up from behind, cleans his clock.  Finally, obviously, there's NO WAY to guarantee that he won't get hammered/killed/injured.

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Wut? HE GOT LUCKY today. Surely you realize that the more often he runs, the probability of him getting hurt increases greatly? It will only be a matter of time before some linebacker, or even worse, some defensive lineman, coming up from behind, cleans his clock.  Finally, obviously, there's NO WAY to guarantee that he won't get hammered/killed/injured.

that could happen in the pocket

2 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

He got lucky? Not really he either avoided players when he had space but when he was running out of room he'd either go out of bounds or slide.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

In addition, blowing a call is human..it happens. We all make mistakes. However,  blowing several in a game should be cause for review and some type of corrective action.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

The ump laughed and stated he totally blew the call but couldn’t admit it during the argument and ran the manager out and got him suspended

i guess the announcer thought they should go back and replay the game

14 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

surprise, surprise.. a ref not calling a fair game.

atleast this dude admits it. 

The surprise is admitting it. I actually get the “make up call”. Sometimes you blow it and want to even things up. That’s life. But favoring the better team means you should not be allowed to ref at any level. IMO 

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Absolutely agree, Promo. I was screaming at that. Milano was IN FRONT of the WR and got inside position...whatever happened to both players having a right to the ball?? Yet Zay Jones has two arms wrapped around him on the 5 yard line BEFORE the ball gets there and they do nothing. Jesus H...

He did not get his head around.  That was an easy PI to call.  To be going for the ball you have to look for the ball.

1 minute ago, tcampbell104 said:

that could happen in the pocket

The immutable laws of physics dictate that if he's running down the field, and a defensive player is running toward him, and they collide, the probability of injury is greater (way greater) than JA standing in the pocket and getting sacked. LOL

3 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

The immutable laws of physics dictate that if he's running down the field, and a defensive player is running toward him, and they collide, the probability of injury is greater (way greater) than JA standing in the pocket and getting sacked. LOL

josh has shown he knows how to get down in that situation LOL

Edited by tcampbell104
content

Just now, John in Jax said:

No - the injuries occur most when a player is held up in the pocket or rolled up on..

Runs DO carry a higher concussion potential.

But the major lower body, arm and shoulder injuries mostly occur in the pocket

1 minute ago, tcampbell104 said:

josh has shown he knows how to get down in that situation

With that arm and vision he has to stay a little longer in the pocket and throw it away more

as teams realize he wants to run, they will aim for him with undeclared bounties to pay out

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Possibly my favorite thing about today’s game is that Allen knew when to slide or step OB, much like Russell Wilson. I hate to see him running so much, but where would we have been without it? We have no effective weapons. In the pocket, lots of bad things can happen too. It’s a lot muddier in there with giants flying around in every direction. I want a clean pocket and accurate decisive throws to open receivers, but until we have that, I think we just have to cringe and hope for the best. 

The other thing is, if they have to assign a spy, that should provide other options for the offense. 

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

No - the injuries occur most when a player is held up in the pocket or rolled up on..

Runs DO carry a higher concussion potential.

But the major lower body, arm and shoulder injuries mostly occur in the pocket

Where do you back this statement up?

why do NFL QB s try to avoid open field hits while running?

it isn’t even arguable that scrambling is riskier than being an honest pocket NFL QB

Just now, tcampbell104 said:

you do know he is a rookie on a not very talented offense

For sure, but every time he takes off it’s asking for the end of his career

stick it out another second and throw it away if you have to

and don’t send him out on naked bootlegs unless its at the one

Refocused, NFL Week 13: Miami Dolphins 21, Buffalo Bills 17 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

USATSI_11775307_168384674_lowres.jpg?w=9

The Miami Dolphins defeated the Buffalo Bills, 21-17, in Week 13 of the 2018 NFL season.
FINAL SCORE

Screen-Shot-2018-12-02-at-4.30.23-PM-768

Miami Dolphins 21, Buffalo Bills 17

BUF-Bills-Header.png

Allen’s off-script performance highlighted his unique talent. He consistently ripped off long runs when he saw a small crease and generated some big plays down the field on scramble drills. Allen thrives when the play breaks down, but he’ll need to learn the nuances of passing schemes to emerge a truly legitimate franchise quarterback. 

Relying on Kelvin Benjamin has never consistently paid off for offensive coordinators. He was generally poor again against the Dolphins, struggling to generate separation off the line of scrimmage and failing to win in contested situations. 

Jordan Phillips had himself a great revenge game. Despite playing limited snaps, he looked like the best Bills defender on the day. He was solid against the run, making a couple of huge stops that helped get the defense off the field. 

Micah Hyde made a couple of big stops in the run game and was even better in coverage. His interception was fantastic, as he effectively baited Tannehill into the throw down the sidelines, then covered the ground and picked it off to give the Bills’ offense a chance.

Keys to the Game

Buffalo

The vast majority of Buffalo’s offensive production centered around busted plays, scramble drills and Allen keepers. Although the numbers aren’t incredible, the Dolphins’ defensive line made the Bills’ scoring unit one dimensional.