President George HW Bush has died

Just Jack

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I agreed with one news site said "You may not agree with the politics but you respected the man."

Goodbye WWII warrior and respectable man.

RIP

and right after him it all nosedived right into the gutter and continues

• Like (+1) 1

he never worked a day in his life and was gifted a job as head of CIA.  He also issued executive order 12803 which pimped out our countries assets to highest bidder.  ***** him and his family.  This morning I am sipping Grand Marnier Cuvee du Cent Cinquantenaire - Cheers!

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

he never worked a day in his life and was gifted a job as head of CIA.  He also issued executive order 12803 which pimped out our countries assets to highest bidder.  ***** him and his family.  This morning I am sipping Grand Marnier Cuvee du Cent Cinquantenaire - Cheers!

I guess with your experience of flying a torpedo bomber off of a light aircraft carrier during war, you are able to state that he "never worked a day in his life."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

There is medical proof that people can die from "broken hearts."  This is very common in older folks who lost their spouse after decades of marriage.  It causes chemical imbalances.  I knew he wasn't going to last much longer after Barbara passed.  Happened to my grandfather as well.

I always like GW and felt he got a bad rap for the economy that wasn't his fault but more a result of Reagan's policies or the cyclical nature of the economy in general.  Should have never said "Read my lips" during the campaign.  That is what cost him the most. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

There is medical proof that people can die from "broken hearts."  This is very common in older folks who lost their spouse after decades of marriage.  It causes chemical imbalances.  I knew he wasn't going to last much longer after Barbara passed.  Happened to my grandfather as well.

I always like GW and felt he got a bad rap for the economy that wasn't his fault but more a result of Reagan's policies or the cyclical nature of the economy in general.  Should have never said "Read my lips" during the campaign.  That is what cost him the most. 

Ross Perot is what cost him the election.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

His family are classy people. He was a fine man. Your response is the opposite of class, but that kind of rancor is typical of many nowadays. Cheers.

Regardless what one's political persuasions are George H.W. Bush was a class and dignified person who dedicated his life to public service. He volunteered for service at the age of 18 and was shot down by enemy fire at the age of 20. RIP. 

http://www.phillytrib.com/news/elections/george-h-w-bush-recounts-harrowing-plane-crash/video_f7b6f4a7-25b5-50b8-8e4c-0f42a5796c2f.html

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Ross Perot is what cost him the election.

His family are classy people. He was a fine man. Your response is the opposite of class, but that kind of rancor is typical of many nowadays. Cheers.

Also a major contributing factor for sure.  Like Nader costing Gore.  But I think Perot's impact was more a result of the broken promise and the state of the economy at the time.  Without those, Perot doesn't get the support he got.

Edited by Mark80