Another starting lineup shuffle = playin around with the recipe and keeping what tastes good

33 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think we could see 3 new starters on the line next year...starting at Bodine and working right.  I would guess they hit the FA pool of offensive lineman hard.

I don't see a lot of talent at WR next offseason in FA so I think the money goes to the line.  

Depends on draft too. If we get a blue Chip left tackle I could see shifting Dawkins to guard or right tackle

I wish they would have done this kind of thing right out of the gate this year given that Ducasse & Mills have been a big question mark not to mention Ducasse is on his last leg in the NFL he's been around for ever ! 

Going forward this is the right thing to do & i hope in the future McD doesn't forget that if (like he said in the Bills Hard Knocks Video) if the player isn't putting out on the field they will lose their job & not be afraid to go with a rookie to see if they perform better instead of sticking with a player that has proven to be less than NFL average ! 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, I want to see what Sirles can do as well.  Just wondering if they made the move because Miller is hurt or they demoted him.

i thought sirles was a tackle. i think a lot of miller's problems stem from playing next to mills.  i would prefer for now leaving groy at right guard and switching tackles to see what we can do. 

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Depends on draft too. If we get a blue Chip left tackle I could see shifting Dawkins to guard or right tackle

i think that's the best idea....or a good tackle that's played both sides.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think we could see 3 new starters on the line next year...starting at Bodine and working right.  I would guess they hit the FA pool of offensive lineman hard.

I don't see a lot of talent at WR next offseason in FA so I think the money goes to the line.  

the following are worthless: Bodine, Miller,,,,, barely acceptable: Ducasse, Mills, great potential: Teller, , acceptable versatile backup: Groy, only good O Lineman is Dawkins

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can see for the Bills to get to the next level needing five to six new starters on offense 3 lineman, #1 & #3 WR, new RB, and maybe if they can find a #1 TE though I think that may more come from the draft, next season he's still the backup

Defensively ideally a pass rushing DE who needs to be double teamed,  a LB to replace Lorax, but again could be a mid level pick who becomes the starter in 2020 and a CB

Two good lineman and 1 good WR thru free agency and a CB (but not as another thread suggested Ramsey) the rest thru the draft. Also some short term mid range salary FA for depth

And I'd use my #1 pick on WR or DE

14 hours ago, MJS said:

Should be trying everything they can on the offensive line. It isn't up to par yet. The times that Allen actually decided to stand in the pocket and make a throw he got clobbered. He scrambled so much because pressure got to him so quickly. And then obviously the run blocking is way below par.

Luckily we don't face another defensive front so talented for the remainder of the season.

Yes. While I expect a few more wins this season, playoff hopes are all but finished. I also expect (Demand?) wholesale changes on the OL this offseason. So it’s smart to give every guy still on the team a crack at impressing the brass before ‘Judgement Day’. I can’t see wasting another camp with Bodine, Miller, Groy, Ducasse or even Mills around. At least I hope so..

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes. While I expect a few more wins this season, playoff hopes are all but finished. I also expect (Demand?) wholesale changes on the OL this offseason. So it’s smart to give every guy still on the team a crack at impressing the brass before ‘Judgement Day’. I can’t see wasting another camp with Bodine, Miller, Groy, Ducasse or even Mills around. At least I hope so..

All of those guys are decent backups, so I wouldn't mind at all if some of them stick around if their contracts are fine. You just don't want them as starters.

Heck, I wouldn't even mind if Mills sticks around as a starter next season if we upgrade at Center and Right Guard. I highly doubt we will be able to upgrade 3 positions on the oline. That's asking a whole lot. There are a lot of other teams in the league looking for oline help.

Bills 2018 Holiday Menu:  ( Roadkill Edition) - let's not see this on our 2019 menu.

Appetizers:

Bodine's Bullsrush Stew

KB's Egg Drop Soup

Crossman's Butternut Squashed Porridge with Leeks everywhere. 

Peterman's Pick 6 Salad

Entree:

Anderson's Scrambled Egg Brain with Biscuits and Gravy

Crushed Ducasse with Glazed Eye Dressing

Clay's Deep Fried Turkey Legs with Butterfinger Sauce and Holmes-made Stuffing 

Vontae's BBQ Chicken and Waffling (Half-time takeout only)

Pressure Cooked Pork Castillo with Crushed RB Peppers and Trampled OLives.

Dessert:

Shady's Creamed Line Pie

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Bills 2018 Holiday Menu:  ( Roadkill Edition) - let's not see this on our 2019 menu.

Appetizers:

Bodine's Bullsrush Stew

KB's Egg Drop Soup

Crossman's Butternut Squashed Porridge with Leeks everywhere. 

Peterman's Pick 6 Salad

Entree:

Anderson's Scrambled Egg Brain with Biscuits and Gravy

Crushed Ducasse with Glazed Eye Dressing

Clay's Deep Fried Turkey Legs with Butterfinger Sauce and Holmes-made Stuffing 

Vontae's BBQ Chicken and Waffling (Half-time takeout only)

Pressure Cooked Pork Castillo with Crushed RB Peppers and Trampled OLives.

Desert:

Shady's Creamed Line Pie

Word on the street (though it’s never been substantiated) is that dessert is delivery only, and it’s best if you have witnesses/backup onhand when it’s dropped off, just in case. 

• Haha (+1) 1