Who’s the genius here thatcalled for Jim harbaugh for HC?

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Regardless of his "big game" W/L record, he at least puts his team in position to play in big & meaningful games, unlike anything any of our coaches have done for over 2 decades.

You mean....not counting last year's playoff game, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That is not what I said. I think Jim Harbaugh is a very good coach. But one who won't win a Championship... for all his many skills he lacks a few of the key ones to win the biggest games. He is too emotional, too intense and lacks flexibility. 

I see him more as a Marty Schottenheimer type. He can take struggling teams and through his force of will and personality and no little ability make them competitive almost immediately. 

So should Michigan fire him?

3 hours ago, DCBongo said:

The dude has a losing record to The Ohio State University.  If he can get a team up for that, how could he be good in the NFL?

How have the 49'ers been doing since he left them?

27 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

You mean....not counting last year's playoff game, right?

Jim Harbaugh is a very good coach, and I would have been thrilled if he had become Buffalo's head coach.

But I do like Sean McDermott, and he deserves to be the Bills head coach. I can't believe so many Bills fans want McDermott fired.

9 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

????

Obviously he is not a great coach. If he is then Marvin Lewis is a great coach and Marty Schottenheimer was a great coach, because like him, they can't win the big game. When you are 0-4 against your rival in CFB and your biggest win is against Penn State, that's not a resume builder.

So great coach only equals "beat OSU" disregard entire rest of career accolades? 

How do you beat Ohio State when you're busy coaching the 49ers to 3 straight NFC Championships? You know, the same team that sucked balls for 8 straight years before he got there, and have been abysmal since he left? 

I mean, I guess he could've played Ohio State when he was coaching at Michigan, but he was too busy leading Stanford...yes, friggin Stanford, to their best years in decades, making them relevant on a National level for the first time in ages.

And he's still doing better at Michigan than their last however many coaches, so again, I guess I don't get the "everything means nothing if you don't beat OSU" mindset.

If he came here & lead the Bills to 3 straight 11 to 13 win seasons, 3 straight AFC Championship games and 1 Super Bowl, yet we lost to the Patriots in the regular season each year, you'd say that we should fire him & go after someone else? You must REALLY HATE McDermott then...he's coming up way short of even those metrics, and here he is, still our HC. 

Honestly, I don't believe a single Bills fan on the planet would decline those types of seasons given what we've dealt with the past 20 years. If you say you'd rather have more of the endless mediocrity, you're full of s***

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

44-19-1 over four years with the 49ers making the playoffs three times and the Superbowl once.  Got the best out of Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick.  Sign me up if Michigan lets him go.  Josh Allen could use all the help he can get.

Harbaugh can’t win the big games. He didn’t win that Super Bowl. When he was at Stanford they were always highly ranked but would lose a big game down the stretch.

Also, would you want someone who doesn’t stick around long?  He’s like the Larry Brown of football.

1 hour ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Harbaugh can’t win the big games. He didn’t win that Super Bowl. When he was at Stanford they were always highly ranked but would lose a big game down the stretch.

Also, would you want someone who doesn’t stick around long?  He’s like the Larry Brown of football.

Beggars can't be choosers.  Our previous seven head coaches before McDermott couldn't make the playoffs yet alone win a playoff game.  Harbaugh won five in four years including an NFC Championship.  The 49ers were horrible before he got there and have been horrible since he left.  I would argue he's a more effective NFL coach than a college coach based on his track record.  Having said all that, I doubt he'd ever consider coaching here.

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Beggars can't be choosers.  Our previous seven head coaches before McDermott couldn't make the playoffs yet alone win a playoff game.  Harbaugh won five in four years including an NFC Championship.  The 49ers were horrible before he got there and have been horrible since he left.  I would argue he's a more effective NFL coach than a college coach based on his track record.  Having said all that, I doubt he'd ever consider coaching here.

Probably not with Jim Kelly lurking.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't mean tactically inflexible. His personality is entirely. He has one setting - hyper intense. He can't adjust. 

That may be right - but it's also the EASIEST thing for a person/coach to correct/change.  Coughlin did it and won Super Bowls.  I would not be surprised to see Harbaugh manning the Jets' sideline next season and I won't be happy about it.  Yes his team laid an egg yesterday against OSU but they were clearly outclassed by the OSU athletes on both sides of the field, and it put into perspective how impressive it is that UofM has the record they do this year - they're not that talented (for recruiting-related reasons, as BADOL points out).  Harbaugh's teams are usually smart and prepared and, just as important, physical at the LOS.  I'd never count the guy out.  If he can become less of a jerk he has the potential to win Lombardis - and possibly even if he can't.

16 hours ago, vorpma said:

If Harbaugh coached the Bills, he too would be crucified by TBD NFL experts for anything short of a perfect season and forget it if he tried to remake the roster!

Well, since no Bills HC has ever even come close to having a perfect season, not even the sainted Marv Levy and certainly not Jauron-esque McDermott, what's this "too" BS?  The Bills haven't been able to win more than 9 games in 19 seasons ... and have only had 3 winning seasons (9 wins) during that span.  The "Bills fans are inpatient" bull manure is just that ... bull manure.  If anything, they're more like abused spouses always making excuses for why they "deserve" their abuse.

13 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Anyone bringing up the idea to fire McDermott is an idiot.

See above.

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Did I miss the reason that Joesixpack changed his name to "Joe in Winslow"?  

Probably too many posters put Joesixpack on their ignore list so he wasn't getting enough cheap thrills from their responses to his insults.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Well, since no Bills HC has ever even come close to having a perfect season, not even the sainted Marv Levy and certainly not Jauron-esque McDermott, what's this "too" BS?  The Bills haven't been able to win more than 9 games in 19 seasons ... and have only had 3 winning seasons (9 wins) during that span.  The "Bills fans are inpatient" bull manure is just that ... bull manure.  If anything, they're more like abused spouses always making excuses for why they "deserve" their abuse.

See above.

Probably too many posters put Joesixpack on their ignore list so he wasn't getting enough cheap thrills from their responses to his insults.

Just put you on my ignore list! Go have a beer and try not to be angry for a couple of hours!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That may be right - but it's also the EASIEST thing for a person/coach to correct/change.  Coughlin did it and won Super Bowls.  I would not be surprised to see Harbaugh manning the Jets' sideline next season and I won't be happy about it.  Yes his team laid an egg yesterday against OSU but they were clearly outclassed by the OSU athletes on both sides of the field, and it put into perspective how impressive it is that UofM has the record they do this year - they're not that talented (for recruiting-related reasons, as BADOL points out).  Harbaugh's teams are usually smart and prepared and, just as important, physical at the LOS.  I'd never count the guy out.  If he can become less of a jerk he has the potential to win Lombardis - and possibly even if he can't.

As I say, I will be here if he ever proves me wrong. I am pretty confident that Jim Harbaugh is who he is at this stage. 

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

When harbaugh returns to the NFL he will be one of the best 5 coaches in the league day one. 

Yup, and something tells me he won't jettison good talent and tear it all down to try and be good in 4 years. He'll be good from the first game on.