There is no way we will beat the Jaguars

Cygnus99

17 hours ago, billspro said:

Betting $5000 on sports is just silly. I doesn’t matter how confident you are there are too many things you can’t predict.

Apparently you're just a troll and should go sit at the kids table if you have confidence in your team.  These keyboard warriors are the peak of athletic knowledge and you dont deserve an opinion haha.  I think the bills after a bye, in November, against a similar team at the Ralph absolutely have a chance.  Shoot I have them 0% against the Vikings so

18 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

I hope I am wrong but take a look at that Jaguar defense . They are completely shutting down the Steelers offense  

How are we going to manage that ???? 

Last I checked we have the #1 D not them.  Of coarse I havnt checked this week

18 hours ago, Gettysburg said:

The only start that matters is with the Bills. And he looked like the best quarterback that has played for the Bills in a long time. 31 points in a half against anyone is a miracle with a team that couldn't score on anyone.

True.  It probably had nothing to do with the changes at WR, Oline, and Special teams.

18 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why would he look better? He just played last week with the same offense Allen has had and scored 41 points. That’s why. The same offense that sucked all year, was good. The only difference was the guy throwingbthe ball.

Actually it wasnt the same.  There wasnt a big pile of Ducasse to his left and the team had several more weeks in a new Offense that is the most complex system in the NFL.  People seem to forget we have a new Offense and new verbage.  That is a really big deal.  Some guys may pick up on it right away.  Others it may take more time.  Some may never grasp it.  You forget what the change in D did to our #4 ranked D when Rex came.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

I think this is winnable game. 

Need strong defense of course and we need special team to make a few plays too.

Allen has to protect the ball and make some throws.   This game is key to Allen's development and it will show if sitting out and "learning" has helped the game "slow down" a bit for him.  

20 hours ago, Gettysburg said:

Minnesota's defense is not Jacksonville's defense. This defense will eat Allen for lunch.  Or any rookie for lunch. He will have no idea what is going on.

with ramsey and bouye(sp?),  they will be able to send the corners on blitzes nonstop. not only does that not bode well for shady... that means for allen...look towards first read then run/panic.

we can't afford to start the first half with 3 and outs.  we have to get the lead early and slam the door.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

True.  It probably had nothing to do with the changes at WR, Oline, and Special teams.

Changes at WR, Oline, and Special Teams helped, so did playing the Jets, but the eye test is what matters. Barkely visually is just much better than the 3 quarterbacks the Bills have started this year. He is talented and polished.  Allen is talented and unpolished.  Anderson and Peterman had moments where they looked ok for filling in for a few downs or plays but never could not put entire games together.

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

with ramsey and bouye(sp?),  they will be able to send the corners on blitzes nonstop. not only does that not bode well for shady... that means for allen...look towards first read then run/panic.

we can't afford to start the first half with 3 and outs.  we have to get the lead early and slam the door.

If Allen wasn't coming off a long layoff I think he could fare ok. He has not seen a live defense in a long time. Starting him makes little sense. I would just go with Barkley until the Jets at home.  If the goal is to give him reps and confidence then the Jets at home in a few weeks looks like a much better spot to return. If Barkley beats the Jaguars and Dolphins you just have to stick with the hot hand until they are eliminated from the playoffs.

Edited by Gettysburg

20 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

I hope I am wrong but take a look at that Jaguar defense . They are completely shutting down the Steelers offense  

How are we going to manage that ???? 

Vikings called and asked “Didn’t you say that about us?”  

They need to stop the run (Fournette is back and was running hard during the first half yesterday) and, unlike last January, bottle Bortles and don't let him scramble for first downs.  Do that and they should be in decent position to win.  Not gonna be easy for Jax to prepare for this one - Allen will be back, along with three new speed elements (Thompson, McKenzie, Foster) and better interior line play than what they put on film during the first half of the season.

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They need to stop the run (Fournette is back and was running hard during the first half yesterday) and, unlike last January, bottle Bortles and don't let him scramble for first downs.  Do that and they should be in decent position to win.  Not gonna be easy for Jax to prepare for this one - Allen will be back, along with three new speed elements (Thompson, McKenzie, Foster) and better interior line play than what they put on film during the first half of the season.

It’s funny because we’re gonna watch Bortles and Allen both complete 50% of their passes and scramble all afternoon. It’s the Spider-Man meme.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

Look for the first read and run over Ramsey for a 10 yard is What I hope happens.  Maybe step on his face mask as he takes it for a td.  If that happened I wouldnt even care if we lost.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/18/2018 at 12:17 PM, Bill_with_it said:

Something similar was said about the bills vs vikings. The league outcome is unpredictable if it were there would be extremely wealthy gamblers and vegas woulndt allow betting. Its un uphill climb no doubt but not impossible. Sean and Brandon dont have the word cant in their vocabulary.

I remember. Boy some hot takes!