Midterm Election Gameday Thread

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

So if they count the ballots 100 times and the Republican wins the first 99 ballots but the Democrat wins the 100th, does the Democrat win or can the Republican ask for another recount?

Absolutely not! That would be "voter disenfranchisement!" 

Edited by Golden Goat

John Tester won in Montana! Alright! 

What a great midterm election this has turned out to be. 37 House seats! That's a wave! 

Hundreds and hundreds of state legislatures and a nine point advantage in the popular vote! Those people may have a Supreme Court advantage, but the Democrats have the People on their side. 

We the People 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

John Tester won in Montana! Alright! 

What a great midterm election this has turned out to be. 37 House seats! That's a wave! 

Hundreds and hundreds of state legislatures and a nine point advantage in the popular vote! Those people may have a Supreme Court advantage, but the Democrats have the People on their side. 

We the People 

The problem has been the People not having the Democrats on their side.  Buyer's remorse for these Democrats will be in play by 2020.  

Just now, RochesterRob said:

The problem has been the People not having the Democrats on their side.  Buyer's remorse for these Democrats will be in play by 2020.  

Oh wow, that's amazing. And which stocks will be rising between now and 2020, since you have this amazing power of seeing into the future? 

Democrats will pay the price in 2020 because they never learn. They think because they picked up enough seats to control the House that they have a mandate from the voters. They don't have a mandate and their actions that we all are aware of will bring a backlash. Add that to their silly proposals and Trump running and the dems will once again be soaking their Onesies in tears.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

It's 2018, Trump is President, GOP has the Senate and control of government... Life should be good, but people keep replying to Tiberius.

You are correct sir.

Some people still think that if they respond to Gator with logic, he will see.................they deny the historical evidence that he is incapable of that.

and Peace-out repeated use of the backwards NPC post is laughable also............he apparently has little else.

Meanwhile back at the thread.....................

Dr. Snipes said Broward is done counting all votes except for military/overseas and provisional. Here’s the change in Broward’s reported votes since 4:30pm, as tracked by @ceostroff

Wait. So right after Rick Scott announces the lawsuit they suddenly stop finding more ballots?............................. So odd, that coincidence.

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You are correct sir.

Some people still think that if they respond to Gator with logic, he will see.................they deny the historical evidence that he is incapable of that.

and Peace-out repeated use of the backwards NPC post is laughable also............he apparently has little else.

Meanwhile back at the thread.....................

Dr. Snipes said Broward is done counting all votes except for military/overseas and provisional. Here’s the change in Broward’s reported votes since 4:30pm, as tracked by @ceostroff

Wait. So right after Rick Scott announces the lawsuit they suddenly stop finding more ballots?............................. So odd, that coincidence.

Has a recount ever not favored the dems?

17 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

It's 2018, Trump is President, GOP has the Seante and control of government... Life should be good, but people keep replying to Tiberius.

I have no idea why. Block him. 

As far as Florida and Arizona... this is making me sick. We've seen this tired playbook over and over and over again.  And the US sends in overseers to third world countries to make sure that no funny stuff happens?!? Physician, heal thyself. 

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Has a recount ever not favored the dems?

No.

Thats why you have to laugh at the Arizona 'news reports'

They report that the dem has "taken the lead" by 2000, and expect that trend to continue ....

I actually laughed out loud.

Yeah..................with a recount I expect the dem trend to continue alright........:doh:

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

As far as Florida and Arizona... this is making me sick. 

This goes back to what I referenced yesterday about dealing with the left.

There is no desire on their side to take the high road, to accept a loss, or to even remotely play fair, and I'm tired of the right letting this stuff go. It's time to make moves to ensure that every vote is real and genuinely accounted for. Every one. Let them cry about being disenfranchised. They're crying all the time anyway, so ignore them and do the right thing.

It would help as well if we ensure that you don't get rewarded for stealing elections like the woman in FL, you go to prison.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

How about it the ballots werent filled out properly or turned in on time, they dont count? 

This would seem to solve a lot of issues 

By Florida law, all absentee ballots must be recorded and reported 30 minutes after the polls close. As Rubio pointed out, areas that were crushed by storms had no problem getting this done, but somehow Snipes was completely incompetent to make it happen.

To that extent, all absentee ballots should  be brought into the hands of a bipartisan group to ensure they are all counted and recorded by laws, and Snipes should be no closer to that process than the nearest prison cell.

23 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

This goes back to what I referenced yesterday about dealing with the left.

There is no desire on their side to take the high road, to accept a loss, or to even remotely play fair, and I'm tired of the right letting this stuff go. It's time to make moves to ensure that every vote is real and genuinely accounted for. Every one. Let them cry about being disenfranchised. They're crying all the time anyway, so ignore them and do the right thing.

It would help as well if we ensure that you don't get rewarded for stealing elections like the woman in FL, you go to prison.

The penalty for what she's doing should be the noose.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

They're sad and why the NPC meme was born. 

To be honest, I see the ridiculous comments coming from both sides all the time. I don't know what the attraction is exactly, but twitter feeds and comment sections that follow articles (as well as the comments under youtube videos) are rife with inanities and non sequiturs by people thinking that they're being witty. I can abide stupid, but I have a very difficult time abiding stupid that thinks its smart.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, peace out said:

Unreal that they want to count all the ballots.

Unreal that Snipes is unable to do so by her own admission. Read the thread below. Some words have three syllables, so raise your hand if you need help comprehending.

Edited by LABillzFan

19 minutes ago, peace out said:

Unreal that they want to count all the ballots.

Unreal that someone is stupid enough to keep pushing that ridiculous falsehood.

(well.....maybe not in this case)

People want........the Law to be followed.............and openness about what the board is doing

Unreal huh.......................