Midterm Election Gameday Thread

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

This Whole thing is BS. Fire everyone involved, convene a special election. 

Also, the side of me that's tired and grumpy says to drag the offending parties through the street for pissing on our democracy and freedom. 

Don't need a special election when they already had a real one with a clear winner.

The part of me that's energized and alive says to drag the offending parties through the streets....to be pissed on.   This sh-- wouldn't happen if there were any consequences for doing it.

• Like (+1) 1

How does she still have a job?  It would be funny if her incompetence cost Nelson the election.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-who-is-brenda-snipes-20181109-story.html

When Brenda Snipes took over the Broward Supervisor of Elections office in 2003, she was the figure with years of administrative experience who would steady an office that was reeling from what Gov. Jeb Bush called “incompetence” and “misfeasance.”

On Friday, following a court agreeing with a lawsuit brought by Gov. Rick Scott that Snipes had violated public records laws, she found herself the target of similar calls for her removal from office, and for the same reasons.

For 15 years, Snipes has served as Broward County’s elections chief, with mixed results. Long lines and vote counts that continued long after polls closed marred elections in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2012, 2016 and, of course, this year.

Among other issues:

-- A court ruled she had broken election law when she destroyed ballots from the 2016 election 12 months after it, instead of the 22 months required by federal law.

-- A medical marijuana amendment was left off some ballots in 2016.

-- Election results in the 2016 primary were posted on the elections office’s website before polls closed, another violation of election law.

-- In 2012, almost 1,000 uncounted ballots were discovered a week after the election

-- In 2004, some 58,000 mail-in ballots were not delivered to voters, leaving election officials to scramble to send new ones.

National media coverage of this Broward/Palm situation tells you all you need to know about their rooting interests in elections.

Two Democrat-heavy counties have been flagrantly violating the law for ~85 hours now and defied court orders and the media narrative has been “Republicans don’t want votes counted”

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

A question for the leftists here: Do you support Gillum and Nelson's push to count votes of non-US citizens?

It's a yes or no question.

Go.

Based on the transcript, the lawyers are objecting in order to preserve their right to challenge Ms. Bucher's presumption that the voter wasn't a US citizen.  This whole mess is why they should have voter ID laws.  Especially in Florida.

Edited by Doc Brown

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Based on the transcript, the lawyers are objecting in order to preserve their right to challenge Ms. Bucher's presumption that the voter wasn't a US citizen.  This whole mess is why they should have voter ID laws.  Especially in Florida.

Stop making sense. 

That Florida still votes using punch cards is ridiculous. I feel like I’m watching a time warp seeing this. And not to 2000, which was bad enough, but to 1940. Hopefully none of these shenanigans change any results except to maybe upgrade the ***** voting process in Florida. 

Voter ID. Ability to vote by mail.  Holiday for voting or more than one day to vote. Registration option with license. All of these make sense but few states do them. Neither party wants to make it easier to vote—fear of change. 

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Stop making sense. 

That Florida still votes using punch cards is ridiculous. I feel like I’m watching a time warp seeing this. And not to 2000, which was bad enough, but to 1940. Hopefully none of these shenanigans change any results except to maybe upgrade the ***** voting process in Florida. 

Voter ID. Ability to vote by mail.  Holiday for voting or more than one day to vote. Registration option with license. All of these make sense but few states do them. Neither party wants to make it easier to vote—fear of change. 

What!? We have voting that starts a month out in some states. By mail only voting (you don't even have to leave the comfort of your home, just stick it in your mailbox for the mailman to pick up!) Voting that you can walk up to the booth for a "provisional" ballot same day.

If anything I'd argue it is too easy to vote many, many, many times in the same election! The way things have been going the last 30 or so years, I think a passport + purple finger is how we should be casting votes in this country.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What!? We have voting that starts a month out in some states. By mail only voting (you don't even have to leave the comfort of your home, just stick it in your mailbox for the mailman to pick up!) Voting that you can walk up to the booth for a "provisional" ballot same day.

If anything I'd argue it is too easy to vote many, many, many times in the same election! The way things have been going the last 30 or so years, I think a passport + purple finger is how we should be casting votes in this country.

He's a commie.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I know, but he's usually not too unreasonable - well, at least not compared to the half-dozen I have blocked in this sub-forum.

He fancies himself an emotionless professor commie so he talks down to everyone in high fallutin language and a polite tone.  He considers everyone else stupid which is funny when you consider he thinks communism will work.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I know, but he's usually not too unreasonable - well, at least not compared to the half-dozen I have blocked in this sub-forum.

You block people?  Too funny!  On the other hand, I guess if I had nothing better to do with my time but live here I might do the same.  

:P

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What!? We have voting that starts a month out in some states.

Not in mine. Not in most.

By mail only voting (you don't even have to leave the comfort of your home, just stick it in your mailbox for the mailman to pick up!) Voting that you can walk up to the booth for a "provisional" ballot same day.

Can't do that in my state and many others. In my state, you have to attest that you will be out of state on election day to vote by mail. And if you mail it in, but are in-state on election day, you have to go to your polling place and cancel your mail in ballot in person. 

It's absurd how dated the election process is. 

Agree that voter ID laws are long overdue.

WELL, AT LEAST THE MASKS ARE GONE, AND WE KNOW WHAT WE FACE:  

In Palm Beach County, Democrats Argue To Count Votes Cast By Non-Citizens. 

Anybody who equates the production, alteration and destruction of ballots after the polls close, to obtain a specific result, anything other than fraud is either stupid or complicit. Sometimes, as in this case, both.

Saul Montes-Bradley added,

Kirsten GillibrandVerified account @SenGillibrand
Anyone who equates counting votes with stealing an election is undermining Americans’ most fundamental right to make their voices heard at the ballot box.
19 replies399 retweets651 likes

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WELL, AT LEAST THE MASKS ARE GONE, AND WE KNOW WHAT WE FACE:  

In Palm Beach County, Democrats Argue To Count Votes Cast By Non-Citizens. 

Anybody who equates the production, alteration and destruction of ballots after the polls close, to obtain a specific result, anything other than fraud is either stupid or complicit. Sometimes, as in this case, both.

Saul Montes-Bradley added,

It's the only pathway left to electoral success:

Not a big fan of this researcher's analysis normally, but he's got a point here: 

The dems are hoping for #1. 

• Like (+1) 1