Midterm Election Gameday Thread

Huh...

I just went online to check where my polling place was this cycle (they change here every few years) and somehow, between the Presidential election and now, I've become a registered Democrat.

It's not a change that I made, and it has me curious.

It's not like I died or anything.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Huh...

I just went online to check where my polling place was this cycle (they change here every few years) and somehow, between the Presidential election

and now, I've become a registered Democrat.

It's not a change that I made, and it has me curious.

It's not like I died or anything.

4ddcf63138202ee1887f94bf8ae805b8.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

well, I just received a packet on my front porch from Dave Bratt essentially telling me the national debt, which he voted to increase, is a massive national problem. And his opponent, a former CIA agent, supports and promotes terrorism as she was a substitute teacher at a Muslim school 15 years ago.

That sucks for yall getting polling places shifted..mine has been same since 02. I have never waited in line more than 10 minutes..should be interesting to see tomorrow as the congressional race is a dead heat at this point

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2018/10/01/2018-midterms-menendez-hugin-senate-race-dead-heat-poll-says/1485460002/

This is the one I'm keen on. If the good people of New Jersey can exorcise the demon that is Bob Menendez, it would be nothing short of a miracle.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, I just received a packet on my front porch from Dave Bratt essentially telling me the national debt, which he voted to increase, is a massive national problem. And his opponent, a former CIA agent, supports and promotes terrorism as she was a substitute teacher at a Muslim school 15 years ago.

That sucks for yall getting polling places shifted..mine has been same since 02. I have never waited in line more than 10 minutes..should be interesting to see tomorrow as the congressional race is a dead heat at this point

Be VERY wary of the former C_A agents running this term. Take partisanship out of it and look into where they worked and who they worked under. 

There are a couple real bad actors running from the USIC who are not friends of this country, let alone its people.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Be VERY wary of the former C_A agents running this term. Take partisanship out of it and look into where they worked and who they worked under. 

There are a couple real bad actors running from the USIC who are not friends of this country, let alone its people.

I trust Abigail.know her a bit personally.  even worked a few hours for her when her campaign was in its nascent stages...wife way more than a few.

She is much like me..agrees with a lot Trump does, disagrees with a lot as well. Has openly said anti-Pelosi, and will not vote for her to be Speaker.

as we say..she good people

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I trust Abigail.know her a bit personally.  even worked a few hours for her when her campaign was in its nascent stages...wife way more than a few.

She is much like me..agrees with a lot Trump does, disagrees with a lot as well. Has openly said anti-Pelosi, and will not vote for her to be Speaker.

as we say..she good people

:beer: Always trust your own discernment, that's the whole trick.

(as an aside: people I talk to like Spanberger). 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't quite understand why people wait until Tuesday to vote if their respective state offers early voting. Is it something of a tradition?

I voted in a grocery store here in Nevada with no wait time. Seems like the way to go.

Vons or Albertson's ?

Seems good............head over to the deli for dinner............and vote on the way..............?

Related image

Image result for polling place cartoon

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't quite understand why people wait until Tuesday to vote if their respective state offers early voting. Is it something of a tradition?

I voted in a grocery store here in Nevada with no wait time. Seems like the way to go.

Voting on any other day, your vote should not be considered statistically valid.

That's my story, I'm sticking to it.  Seriously...I was going to vote early this year, but ultimately could not violate the basic principles of statistics.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Absolutely.  Casting an early ballot takes away all the fun and excitement of going to the polling place. It's like opening your Christmas presents on the Dec 23d.

I have no intention of ever casting an early ballot.

• Like (+1) 3