McD - Allen isn't too far off in throwing again

Reed83HOF

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Read my above post.

As previously posted:

We can agree to disagree. I want my rookie QB to win as many games as he can.  If allen is out for the year, I’m more inclined to agree with you.  

In most years, I’m saying exactly what you posted. This year, it’s different.  Josh allen hasn’t been a big winner or stat guy.  Just a big piece of meat that has all the potential in the world but has only made a handful of plays and has been wildly inconsistent.  He needs to show he can win games on his arm

and leadership. He didn’t do it much in college.  

As as far as our draft pick goes, I think Beane is going to do something good, just as he did last year.  If he trades down to 27 and drafts another pro bowler, I wouldn’t be surprised.  He’s going to get us talent in next year’s draft.  This year’s draft has looked very good.  Last year’s draft looks very good.  Picking an extra 7-10 picks higher isn’t going to make or break our team.  Josh Allen winning games can.  Period

We are actually pretty close to agreeing, where you are this year is how I feel about next season!

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Still better than Peterman.

I respectfully disagree, at least it was incomplete!!!

19 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Back to below 100 yard passing games. 

It’s not like we’ve been getting 350+, so.....give him live reps and see what he can be. 

I follow the Mountain West and agree Allen was a good QB in college.  Took a 2 win team before he became the starter to two straight bowl games; beat SDSU when they had Donnell Humphrey and beat Boise St who I believe was ranked 13 at the time.  He wasn't a stat ***** and played on a bad team in 2017.  Look at Wyoming now; they are back to playing like garbage. 

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

We are actually pretty close to agreeing, where you are this year is how I feel about next season!

There’s a much better chance of that happening next year if he does it this year too. 

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Not that far fetched. WR will be better with Pryor over Holmes. Zay is coming on and KB has the capacity if somehow motivated (You'd think an impending contract for 2019 would do that.) Phillips is showing improvement. As long as the OL holds up, we'll see if Daboll can right the ship.

Yeah, but in reality all this is still "wishful Thinking" IMO. I'm hoping Pryor can make at least a little bit of difference as far as WR goes, but the rest, I don't see much of anything different happening.

I mean Allen is going to be in a bad spot if he does come back , but even if the WR's continue to drop passes, at least we will know Allen is getting the ball where it needs to be. AS far as the Oline goes, I also don't expect much difference from them either,no matter who is playing QB.

4 hours ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

That's why you are an elementary school teacher, janitor, or whatever.  You start building the team around him, and if he flames out in a few years, at least you have the infrastructure in place for the next QB.  Continuously drafting QBs without improving the talent around you equates to Cleveland Browns type management. 

1.  no need to go personal on the guy! 

2.  if drafting a rookie QB next year, you have tons of FA money to build around him.  

If you build around Allen and he flams out, most of the FA's you brought in to build-around him will be gone by the time the next QB arrives. 

4 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

It sure is! 

Is it bad to say that I still hope we suck enough the rest of the way though? :ph34r:

I am fine if we keep losing, we are not gonna make the playoffs, so the more draft position help the better.  In fact, I hope we get into the top 3 of the draft and then trade down a little bit for a bounty to get more assets to use on retooling this offense.