Just have to write this out to believe it (QBs)

ShipUPride

46 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Darby? Is corner a problem for this team?

Watkins? It would be nice to have him but who knows what went down leading up to them declining his 5th year option.

Ragland? Who?

Dareus? Are you still talking about defense like it’s a problem?

Yes corner is a problem opposite White. 

Ragland was traded for a 4th before ever stepping foot on the field for us. Why don't we start trading 2nds for future 4ths while we're at it.

You brought up the dead cap and Dareus is costing us 14mil in dead cap. Do you have a short term memory issue? are you able to follow the conversation?

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Keep Hotrod.  Sign AJ.  Draft JA or whoever.

It's the most important position.  Don't be cheap or put all your eggs in one basket.

Lets not forget that they thought TJ Yates was good.

Tj Yates wins more playoff games than “hotrod”      

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

In hindsight?  Pushing hard to sign Teddy Bridgewater and using all that draft capital to improve the OL and WR. 

Preferably NOT in hindsight, if at all possible.

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think you have Allen and Peterman flipped. Allen has started 5 games, Peterman has started 3 and may start his 4th on Sunday. Also, while we're at it, the team when each starts:

TT: 8-6

JA: 2-3

NP: 1-2

DA: 0-2

So if NP wins vs. Chicago he’ll have the best winning percentage on the roster? 

Is is this real life? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ShipUPride said:

In the 24 games since McDermott got here... we have started the following QBs:

Tyrod Taylor - 14 Games

Nathan Peterman - 5 Games (after this week)

Josh Allen - 3 Games

Derek Anderson - 2 Games

Joe Webb - 0 Games (Played in 1)

AJ McCarron - 0 Games

Matt Barkley - 0 Games

Nothing that hasn't been stated already, but this is downright unbelievable. 

What's unbelievable is how this franchise's previous inept management has gone 20 years unable to hire a capable QB, not to mention putting this administration into salary cap purgatory. Now that we finally have a management trying to get us out of QB hole and win at the same time we have all these football geniuses second guessing every move after the fact. Maybe it's the water from Lake Erie.

1 hour ago, ShipUPride said:

IMO, without using hindsight (if that is possible)

Year 1:  Start the incumbent (Taylor), sign a solid #2 and keep Nathan on the Practice Squad.

Year 2:  Cut Taylor, Draft Josh, Re-sign the #2 from 2017 if he played well, otherwise replace with another solid #QB.  Promote Nathan from PS to be your #2.  Go into season with 3 QB's, one of which has 32+ games experience.

You keep using the term "Solid #2 QB". What QB do you believe fits that title that the Bills could bring in?

I'm not saying there were none available, but I'd like to know who you viewed as that type of player.

My opinion is that there is not really such a thing as a solid #2 QB, because that QB would be starting for some QB needy team out there. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the only guy I can think of. Tyrod now, but he was viewed as a starter in the off-season.

Tyrod Taylor - 14 Games

Josh Allen - 3 Games

Derek Anderson - 2 Games

AJ McCarron - 0 Games

Matt Barkley - 0 Games

So.

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Who was dumped that should have been kept?

Hotrod.  Sammy Watkins.  Dareus ( if we're paying him he might as well be playing for us instead of sacking our QB in the playoffs).

1 hour ago, MJS said:

In hindsight, yes. But Peterman appeared to be better than McCarron in the preseason.

Pre season doesn't mean nothing.  It means less than notihing.  Besides, Nasty Nate threw one of his patented side line pick 6 passes to a DB in PS but he dropped it.  Told me everything I needed to know and evidence has proved it out.  How could a professional highly paid NFL coach be so fooled twice? 

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod Taylor - 14 Games

Josh Allen - 3 Games

Derek Anderson - 2 Games

AJ McCarron - 0 Games

Matt Barkley - 0 Games

Thank God it's not that important a position.

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod Taylor - 14 Games

Josh Allen - 3 Games

Derek Anderson - 2 Games

AJ McCarron - 0 Games

Matt Barkley - 0 Games

Being that we're 2-6, this makes perfect sense.

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Yes corner is a problem opposite White. 

Ragland was traded for a 4th before ever stepping foot on the field for us. Why don't we start trading 2nds for future 4ths while we're at it.

You brought up the dead cap and Dareus is costing us 14mil in dead cap. Do you have a short term memory issue? are you able to follow the conversation?

Cap is cap whether it’s dead or alive I don’t care. I’d rather get rid of it all in one fell swoop in 2018 then let it linger for the next five years. Like a bandaid...RIGHT OFF.

Ragland is a bum and trading Darby got us Harrison Phillips who I’d much rather have for the next four years than having Darby for one. But keep crying those tears if it makes you feel better.

10 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Cap is cap whether it’s dead or alive I don’t care. I’d rather get rid of it all in one fell swoop in 2018 then let it linger for the next five years. Like a bandaid...RIGHT OFF.

Ragland is a bum and trading Darby got us Harrison Phillips who I’d much rather have for the next four years than having Darby for one. But keep crying those tears if it makes you feel better.

crying? what are you talking about?

2 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Thank you. That was a very popular opinion on this site earlier this season. Strange now that so many are pretending that never happened. 

Anybody here remember how good Jeff Tuel looked in preseason?  The Bills were afraid to put him on the practice squad because they were sure someone would steal  him.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Yet people seem to trust that he's going to massively upgrade the offense over the offseason. 

Those folks know exactly how next years season will end, they just have delude themselves longer because they worry that no coach with a super awesome 5 year plan will come here. 

But deep down they know.

19 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Yet people seem to trust that he's going to massively upgrade the offense over the offseason. 

We shall see......really no choice about it since they completely ignored it starting this season up to recent......but i dont trust his evaluations on that side of the ball......he needs to know that there are 30 other teams in the nfl besides his own team and the panthers.....