Do the Bills sit as one of the most pathetic sports franchises ever?

BuffaloBill

No way man! We're a storied franchise. Primarily because of the Kelly era, but we had the Juice! One of the early AFL teams that proved they could compete with the NFL post merger.. and a darn good AFL team before that. 

Is this possibly the worst season (at least by offense) ever by a franchise? yeah it could very well be a 30 for 30 lol, but we're not a friggin expansion team. The Bucs and Jags and Texans have had god awful years and no Superbo... scratch that the Bucs have one. BUT THE JAGS AND TEXANS.. no chance. I'm just pleading to your self of steam OP, don't lose that steam in your self. Bills fans are quite respected around the states (although the table crashing is tarnishing that.. starting to piss me off actually, I'm not in Buffalo but you guys up there gotta stop those idiots.. or at least find a cool drunk thing to do).

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

26 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Yes.

Look, I'm a Bills fan till the end.

I hate the Bills. I hate them for their incompetence. I hate them for the past 25 years. This is awful. If I could swap teams I would -- I wish I were capable of it. 

I really care about this team. It negatively effects me when they're like this. I'm 34. I've been a Bills fan since I was 5. I can't remember the glory days (where we never won a super bowl which makes the glory days pathetic). This has been awful. I cant remember the last time I thought the Bills were going to do anything but ***** the bed.  It's so embarrassing. I live out of state -- think I rock Bills gear? Hell no. Why? Because when I do people come up to me and are like 'dude, why do you like the Bills? They're awful.' 

I really wish I could un-be a Bills fan. This isn't fun. McDermott isn't the right coach but we'll have to roll with him next year, I just know it.  

I proudly rock my Bills gear everywhere and anywhere.

To each his own, but I find fans who question why - as though people should only support winning teams - pretty pathetic.

I’m proud to be a Bills fan.  It’s not for the weak-minded.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

BE happy we are not Tampa Bay fans.

255 wins

404 losses

387 pct

since its existence in 1976

The average is around .520

puts things into perspective

I would also like to add... IF we are not making the playoffs then why win? Kind of where we are at now yes?

I live in the Tampa area and can't stand this ***** team other than Fitz... but they do have a SB victory thanks to Dungy... not Gruden.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Success said:

I proudly rock my Bills gear everywhere and anywhere.

To each his own, but I find fans who question why - as though people should only support winning teams - pretty pathetic.

I’m proud to be a Bills fan.  It’s not for the weak-minded.

I suppose it isn't if you enjoy celebrating, ya know, the opposite of "success." To each his own. You like crap football, I like good football. Fair enough. A ***** football team is good enough for you, but it isn't for me. I understand. Very principled. 

6 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I suppose it isn't if you enjoy celebrating, ya know, the opposite of "success." To each his own. You like crap football, I like good football. Fair enough. A ***** football team is good enough for you, but it isn't for me. I understand. Very principled. 

It’s more of a thick and thin thing.  We don’t control the product.  Never said I was happy with a bad team - but I don’t cower in shame.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

255 wins

404 losses

387 pct

I would also like to add... IF we are not making the playoffs then why win? Kind of where we are at now yes?

They got a Super Bowl at least

24 minutes ago, Success said:

It’s more of a thick and thin thing.  We don’t control the product.  Never said I was happy with a bad team - but I don’t cower in shame.

I’m not ashamed. I’m a winner. The Bills should be ashamed. Everybody in that building from Terry and Kim on down ought be ashamed. 

Thick-n-thin, you can save that. Anybody on this board that isn’t trolling is a true fan. How could they not be?

24 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

They got a Super Bowl at least

I know. If I just had one super bowl to point to. Pathetic. 

2 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

The Detroit Lions have never been to a superbowl, we went to 4 straight. 

The Lions also caused two generational talents to retire early due to their incompetence. 

The Cleveland Browns coach won two games this year and that is a 1 game improvement over the last 2 years combined. 

Everyone take a deep breath. 

Lions were in the NFC, might have made 5 straight if they were in the AFC....

St Louis Blues went to the Stanley Cup Finals 3 times because the NHL expanded and guaranteed a horrible expansion team would go to the Finals to get whipped 4 straight

This:

The combination of Tom Brady’s dominance and Buffalo Bills’ sustained struggles at the quarterback position has created a wild fact.

Following the New England Patriots’ victory Monday night, Brady has now recorded more wins in Buffalo than any Bills quarterback since the 2001 season.

Most QB Wins in Buffalo since 2001#Patriots Tom Brady: 15
Drew Bledsoe: 14
Tyrod Taylor: 13
Ryan Fitzpatrick: 13
J.P. Losman: 8

According to Pro Football Reference, 18 different Bills quarterbacks have won a game at New Era Field during that span. Brady rules them all.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Look I know the topic is likely to prompt a lot of emotion but it it is a legitimate question.  

No doubt the Bills have had a few good years. However, even in the Kelly “dynasty” the loss of four consecutive SB’s hangs over the luster of all else accomplished in that period.  There was also the early AFL days, prior to the merger and SB, where the Bills had some very good teams.  Outside of these two eras there are a range of results with not many years being considered good or excellent.

What are your thoughts?

The facts speak for themselves.

Of course, the Bills (and Sabres to a slightly lesser degree) are among the worst franchises in N. American team sports.

They have been around for a combined century, more or less, with no championships to show for it.

Yes, I know the Bills had a couple in the old AFL; I'm talking about the merged NFL and the NHL.

2 hours ago, Tcali said:

atlanta falcons,cleveland browns,detroit lions,new york jets,san diego chargers,cincinnati bengals,houston oilers, tampa bay buccaneers, miami dolphins.......ALL strong competitors

Everybody you just named except for Cleveland, Detroit, and Cincinnati all live in better climates. Also all except SD have had success in other sports. 

I would say we're a city of bad sports luck, or whatever you wanna call it, possibly the worst.

• Football, obviously the four SB losses, Music City Miracle, and the playoff drought we just ended.
  • Hockey, no goal
  • Basketball, Braves passed on Calvin Murphy, but it doesn't matter since the team skipped town on us anyway.
  • Baseball, we practicly built a damn MLB stadium to lure a team that never happened. 

On 10/30/2018 at 12:29 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Everybody you just named except for Cleveland, Detroit, and Cincinnati all live in better climates. Also all except SD have had success in other sports. 

I would say we're a city of bad sports luck, or whatever you wanna call it, possibly the worst.

• Football, obviously the four SB losses, Music City Miracle, and the playoff drought we just ended.
  • Hockey, no goal
  • Basketball, Braves passed on Calvin Murphy, but it doesn't matter since the team skipped town on us anyway.
  • Baseball, we practicly built a damn MLB stadium to lure a team that never happened. 

a city of poor ownership

On 10/30/2018 at 10:55 AM, hondo in seattle said:

In 59 years, the Bills are something like 411-473-8.  In other words, in a typical season we lose about 1 game more than we win.

Below average?  Sadly, yeah. 

Disappointing?  For sure.

But one of the most pathetic franchises ever?  Not really.

thats cuz we have 2 of the other most incompetent franchises in our own division. thats why we usually scratch out 6 or 7 wins

On 10/30/2018 at 11:07 AM, PrimeTime101 said:

255 wins

404 losses

387 pct

How in the world is the average win percentage .520? I'm pretty sure the average would be .500.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:35 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Go smash your testicles with a roofing hammer.  That will give you some perspective on misery and what’s important in life ?

1) What makes a roofing hammer special? 

2) does it teach that knowing the right tool for the job is important? 

• Haha (+1) 1

This forum needs a no whining zone.

We're rebuilding top to bottom. Give it a rest. We're lucky to even have the Bills.

On the other hand, this may be the most pathetic thread of all time.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/30/2018 at 11:24 AM, buffalobillswin said:

The Detroit Lions have never been to a superbowl, we went to 4 straight. 

The Lions also caused two generational talents to retire early due to their incompetence. 

The Cleveland Browns coach won two games this year and that is a 1 game improvement over the last 2 years combined. 

Everyone take a deep breath. 

Next time Peterman throws an INT people will start another 10 threads exactly like this.

Oh, and when we beat the crappy Jets at home later in the year people will start 10 threads about how many records Josh Allen will break.

People just have no perspective around here.

• Thank you (+1) 1