Sean McDermott is Out of Answers

43 minutes ago, Zaso Art Designs said:

Another thing that he keeps saying is that we have a young football team. But the team isn't that young. 

Just the good players are. The old one are not only old but also not very good, especially on offense. 

Excpet Dawkins- he had a bad night and he’s young. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, teef said:

this is exactly where i'm at with it.  

I understand the frustration, but I don't get why people are talking like this is the regime's last chance.

This is their first year under Beane. It's not like they're in year 3 of the rebuild.

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That's fine...but the problem is there's nothing on the field that shows any kind of direction either. 

No, but I can guess at what they’re doing.  It’s a total rebuild - which they will never tell the media.

Fans here aren’t used to that kind of rebuild.  We’re used to regimes that try to take half measures in the spirit of staying minimally competitive.

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Correct, you have to convince WR and TE and RB FA's to come to Buffalo and play with Josh Allen. 

When Rick Dennison was already fired, when Brian Daboll has the offense at 10 ppg. 

In a division that the Patriots are ruling again. 

You're coming to them with poop and selling it as filet mignon. 

Here, look into McDermott's eyes and get excited about studying tape and working really hard......get excited about 3rd and manageable and field position!!!!

We got into this situation by over paying free agents.

To get anyone to come here we'll have to do the same thing all over again. 

4 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

DeFilippo has 8 games of experience as an OC. Before that never higher than QB coach. It might work but McDermott has a much more extensive resume and I think we need to give the rebuild time. 

He was Pettine’s OC in Cleveland.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

I understand the frustration, but I don't get why people are talking like this is the regime's last chance.

This is their first year under Beane. It's not like they're in year 3 of the rebuild.

exactly.  it's the off season that's really going to be the one that defines this staff.  i'm not predicting success, but i want to see how they try to right the ship before i turn on everyone.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
5 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

40% of the roster is made up of 1st & 2nd year players. 

You say this as if when these players get older it guarantees us a better team.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

80 million buys 8-10 quality starters. 

Can you imagine adding 8-10 quality starters? 

No I can’t imagine that because it’s not going to happen. I don’t even think there that many quality starters in the entire FA class, much less ones that will want to sign here.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

It's the nature of a rebuild, isn't it?

I assume other teams than just the Bills are rebuilding.

Hard to imagine anyone else having as few players on the roster who were draft 3 or more years ago.

What we're doing seems to be uncommon......

1 minute ago, teef said:

exactly.  it's the off season that's really going to be the one that defines this staff.  i'm not predicting success, but i want to see how they try to right the ship before i turn on everyone.

I also want to see Josh Allen's development. He's the one big decision I've had a problem with. I think they drafted the wrong guy. If that's the case, it really puts them in a hole. But, we just won't know until after next season.