Has the light finally gone on for Zay Jones?

KOKO NFL

1 minute ago, Herc11 said:

Just like this board. Someone has a bad game and he sucks, then they have a good game and everyone loves him. Now he has a bad game and the board is bashing him again

How many good games has he had?

Last week, definitely.

How many others?

Edited by Binghamton Beast

2 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Just like this board. Someone has a bad game and he sucks, then they have a good game and everyone loves him. Now he has a bad game and the board is bashing him again

Given his position, catching balls that reach you are important. 

Darrius Heyward Bey is known to be a good blocking receiver and has somehow parlayed that into a long career.  Apparently that has value in the NFL.  He is not valued for his receiving skills.  I think Zay was drafted as a catching receiver, so his drops are definitely a cause for concern.  If he was a late, or undrafted player I don't think we'd have the same issues.  We used a 2nd round pick on him, so the expectation is higher.  Now that he's our "#1" receiver, even more will be expected.

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

How many good games has he had?

Last week, definitely.

How many others?

I'm not saying the guy is outstanding, but overall he has been a solid receiver this season. He doesn't always have tons of yards, but has made some nice catches when we needed a play.

4 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

I'm not saying the guy is outstanding, but overall he has been a solid receiver this season. He doesn't always have tons of yards, but has made some nice catches when we needed a play.

He’s an average #3.

He has improved a lot this year since his disastrous last year, but it was still not that good. And yeah today he totally sucked. I wasn't even surprised last INT was thrown in his direction. If it's one bad game, it happens. But he hasn't built enough confidence in him yet to have too many of those.

He improved from "maybe we should cut him this offseason" to every two or three games he shows up.  By shows up I mean 4 catches for 60 yards or something that a good reciever does in the first half of most games they play.  He appeared to have all the tools when he was drafted to be like a Josh Reynolds or even a Cooper Kupp but he just drops too many passes and continues to do so.

Edited by Maine-iac