Jags players rack up $64,000 bar tab and leave: Who were the culprits? Mr. Big Puff?

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

4 comments below the article that I found interesting; no idea how accurate any of it is:

1) The players are Ronnie Harrison, DJ Hayden and Gerard Wilson!

2) Four Jacksonville Jaguars players — safety Barry Church, cornerback D.J. Hayden, safety Ronnie Harrison and safety Jarrod Wilson 

3)  Rapaport reported that bottles of expensive liquor and champagne were sent to their table, which the players assumed were comped. I’ve heard stories from friends like this, the management smilingly sends over bottles you didn’t order, you say wow thanks how nice, and then they show up on your bill. So there was a dispute over the amount of the bill; it wasn’t the players just trying to duck out.

4) They did spend the entire night in a cell. If the reports are true they didn’t get released until 1 pm. I’m sure they are going to be in great shape for the game and ready to turn the Jags’ season around.

Anyone who is stupid enough to believe nightclub managers are sending them bottles of expensive booze for free deserve to get stuck with a $64k tab.

But I love Deion Sanders take on it:  "they probably stuck a rookie with the tab and he couldn't afford it so he bailed;  no big deal."

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

I still can't understand the math. $64,000, how the hell?

One US is .78 Pounds Sterling

they didn’t round off right or forgot it’s the reciprocal for exchange?

4 hours ago, Idandria said:

Mr Big Puff. Hysterical. 

Unfortunate choice of self-appointed nickname if one has no intention of putting in the effort of honouring even 10 percent of his contract 

7 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

64k in one night in a bar is a bogus bill, hope the person responsible for charging that rots in ****.

not really at high end clubs man.  1000 bucks for bottles of champage and liquor can go quick. plus they had some dancers.  and it was 10 players in there plus i'm sure some friends.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

not really at high end clubs man.  1000 bucks for bottles of champage and liquor can go quick. plus they had some dancers.  and it was 10 players in there plus i'm sure some friends.

64 bottles of top shelf champagne

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Veteran, yes.

Leader? Not so sure.

a few times in the past as hoops coach...

Me: okay guys, last shot, who wants it

the Dareus:  I got it coach

Me: anybody else?