Desean Jackson requests trade

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm not sure I agree with that. There will be good WR's available in free agency. The question is whether or not the Bills can convince them to sign here. Is that your concern?

The position group that I think will be very tough to address in free agency is offensive line. There is a shortage around the league and very few starting caliber linemen are going to actually hit the market.

Absolutely. Any decent WR with options is going to be near impossible to sign in FA. They need to obtain at least one good vet WR to add to this team. The trade market of WRs with at least 2020 built in on a contract is their best option to obtain experienced talent at that position.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Absolutely. Any decent WR with options is going to be near impossible to sign in FA. They need to obtain at least one good vet WR to add to this team. The trade market of WRs with at least 2020 built in on a contract is their best option to obtain experienced talent at that position.

Chicago did build a whole new WR corps in free agency.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Allen Robinson signing is exactly the type the Bills need but won’t be able to get for the the reasons I stated. 

Was Chicago so much more of a desirable destination for a WR at the time than Buffalo is now? Most folks were down on Trubisky after his rookie year.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

They don’t have a QB that WRs are afraid of. You do not wait until FA here. Players will go somewhere else. 

I think the Bills could overpay in FA for one WR but they won’t get one of the top tier guys. Thing is they need to add multiple players. They need do take their draft capital and cap space and do a trade, a FA signing, and draft one on day 2 at the latest.

The Allen Robinson signing is exactly the type the Bills need but won’t be able to get for the the reasons I stated. 

The Bills are not an appealing team for a quality market receiver but they are in a good position to pay an above market rates for a good #2 caliber receiver. That in itself would be a major upgrade. If you also consider the option of the Bills using maybe a second round pick to get a quality prospect, and then add a market pickup that would be a dramatic change from the invisible receivers that are currently getting playing time. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Not every other team in the league needs to trade for a Wr. 31 other teams would make this move? Why would the Steelers have to? Or Kc? Or the other 2 dozen teams that have WRs better then any of these guys? The Bills are playing guys that wouldn’t even make teams. Each one of those guys are on teams that can absorb their loss at WR. The Cowboys absolutely would be in position to move a guy after they just gave up a 1 for Cooper. There aren’t an infinite amount of of touches and roster spots to go around. They have Cooper, Beasley, Gallop, Hurns and Austin. Obviously 1 of the 2 guys I mentioned would be one expendable. D Thomas has talked about being traded for weeks. I went through the Sanu thing and obviously Jackson is asking to be traded. The Giants are in full rebuild and would sell anything that’s not tied down. 

I still tell you Sanu is not moving this season without a significant overpayment. The two cowboys will be available.... it is just that both suck. 

4 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Was Chicago so much more of a desirable destination for a WR at the time than Buffalo is now? Most folks were down on Trubisky after his rookie year.

I think to some degree, it is. I think the Bears are a better sell than the Bills, it is what it is. I agree trubisky wasn’t Aaron Rodgers but I think their situation was more stable. We have the worst offense in nfl history!

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

We have 7 picks in rounds 4-7. We might as well use one of those on a WR.

Yes, we don’t need 10 rookies, most of which are complete crap shoots at the middle to bottom rounds

unless we want the rebuild to take 5 years, use the draft capital to add some blue chip guys in the draft and some proven guys in the league too. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

I think to some degree, it is. I think the Bears are a better sell than the Bills, it is what it is. I agree trubisky wasn’t Aaron Rodgers but I think their situation was more stable. We have the worst offense in nfl history!

'To some degree,' I think that's fair.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I still tell you Sanu is not moving this season without a significant overpayment. The two cowboys will be available.... it is just that both suck. 

Both are better then anything we have. I’d take both and start them next week. Austin would be a good get here. A guy that can turn underneath stuff into big plays but also take the top off. He’s the type of player that could possibly breathe some life into this dead offense. Get Austin 8 or 9 crossing routes a game and maybe we can get lucky on a few. Then when Allen comes back, you have a guy that can beat a guy deep

3 hours ago, Dave Allen said:

Is he worth trading for? There would have to be an agreement on a contract extension first, of course. 

What would TB want for him? Shady for Jackson would seem to be a good start, possible with some draft pick play to even it out. 

Kinda what I was thinking- but at this point in their careers I think an even swap works.

2 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

'To some degree,' I think that's fair.

I think all FA WRs want to go play with elite QBs but most of all they want paid. So we have that going for us but they also want to get targets. We have that going for us too because whoever we get is going to be targeted. It’s just such a black hole right now at QB that it has to be scary for an FA WR to sign here. I hope JA works out, I just don’t think he’s a selling point, yet.

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

An interesting question is whether it is going to be easier to pick-up some credible offensive linemen than credible receivers from the free agent market. The Bills have the wherewithal to pay more for the players they are interested in. They need to diligently scout the league rosters and come up with some decent targets to pursue. Whaley had his faults but he was good at coming up with mid-tier free agents who proved to be productive. 

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

An interesting question is whether it is going to be easier to pick-up some credible offensive linemen than credible receivers from the free agent market. The Bills have the wherewithal to pay more for the players they are interested in. They need to diligently scout the league rosters and come up with some decent targets to pursue. Whaley had his faults but he was good at coming up with mid-tier free agents who proved to be productive. 

I think OL will be easier to sign in FA than WR. 

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We have 7 picks in rounds 4-7. We might as well use one of those on a WR.

I'm certainly not against using our draft assets to pick up a receiver but I think a player who has lost much of the speed and quickness he had is not what we need. Although he can catch and is crafty and runs good routes we need receivers who are quicker and who can get open. Garcon can still be productive with a good qb. It wouldn't be very productive with the situation we are in. 

I think OL will be easier to sign in FA than WR. 

This is an offseason where McBeane have to use their assets to upgrade the offense. Our OL has to be dramatically remade to function at a pro level and give our young qb a chance to succeed. I do believe that both the units on offense can be addressed this offseason with out good cap situation. 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Signed through next year ... would be the downfield speed guy we lack. Shady’s boy.

I fully expect to have a young WR core here next season and a veteran FA, I don't see us blowing a draft pick on a 31 year old WR who Derek Anderson or Nate peterman couldn't even get the ball to because they have noodle arms. Zay Jones, a rookie WR in the 1st or 2nd round and a veteran WR not named Benjamin is my guess.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

my question is would you trade a first for Robbie Anderson? 

I know an offseason idea...but that dude is going to be tendered at a first no(RFA)? Love the guy on the field..seems like a chucklehead off so prolly a hard no for McD.

I want Bills to sign him and Enunwa(UFA)

I would not give the jets a top 10 pick.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

What makes you think that any of those guys are realistic trade options and affordable? If that were the case, the other 31 teams would have made the trades.

Which means they are NOT affordable and if they are traded for it will be a desperate team that finally agrees to an inflated price.

Other 31 teams don't need receivers.  Some do.  Some that did already made moves.  We are a team that came into the season with the worst WR group in the league.  We are a team that has made no moves at the position.

26 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Jackson even at his age would be the best WR on the team by far.  Under team friendly deal for next year.  They could package a bunch of low round picks for him and make a difference this year and next.

But I doubt McD thinks Jackson is a process guy.  

It took 3-1/2 pages for someone to mention this? With gang connections and more recently his car being involved in a hit and run, I seriously doubt he is even a blip on the McD radar.

21 minutes ago, Steve O said:

It took 3-1/2 pages for someone to mention this? With gang connections and more recently his car being involved in a hit and run, I seriously doubt he is even a blip on the McD radar.

I don’t know if he’s a process guy or not, but the things mentioned don’t seem to relate either way to McD’s process