Desean Jackson requests trade

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Does he want out because they're losing? If so, why the hell would he want to play for the Bills? 

If he wanted to choose where he went he should have requested to be released. If TB does agree to trade him they will take the best offer for them, not go searching for the team with the best record. 

• Like (+1) 2

It’s mostly about Jameis.

But that same chemistry has not been there with now-starter Jameis Winston. Off the field, they get along well. On the field, they haven't always clicked -- not how Jackson did with Fitzpatrick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000978791/article/desean-jackson-requested-trade-from-buccaneers

he likes old backup QBs... hey desean do we have a guy for you! 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Dave Allen said:

Is he worth trading for? There would have to be an agreement on a contract extension first, of course. 

What would TB want for him? Shady for Jackson would seem to be a good start, possible with some draft pick play to even it out. 

He’s signed through next year, 10 mill, not guranteed

It sounds like they want to keep him so not sure what it would take. I obviously wouldn’t want to give up much

19 minutes ago, Dave Allen said:

Is he worth trading for? There would have to be an agreement on a contract extension first, of course. 

What would TB want for him? Shady for Jackson would seem to be a good start, possible with some draft pick play to even it out. 

What?  DJ in Buffalo makes zero cents, actually, it makes negative sense.

1.  He would do NOTHING here this year, we have no QB who can read and throw with anticipation or accuracy.

2.  He's old for a WR at 31, the Bills are building for the FUTURE, not today.

3.  Giving him a contract extension is a terrible idea.

4.  Buffalo is probably right around the very last place he wants to be traded.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Dave Allen said:

Dude turns 32 in a few weeks. No extension happening. The ONLY reasons the Bills should try to make a move for him is if it doesn’t cost much in trade and if they think he would help them more properly develop and evaluate Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

There are so many realistic, affordable,  trade options (at WR) that could help us now and later. These guys are asleep at the wheel. I don’t care what this season is supposed to be about. At this point, even if it was just about evaluating Allen...how can you do that of the guy has nobody to throw to? No team in the league needs help at WR more then the Bills. You still have 9 games left. This is an unacceptable group of WRs. All we do is give credit to these guys for collecting these draft picks and how they are currency. Use one. Use two. Get moving and get some nfl talent on offense. We have heard for weeks we might trade Shady, literally the only good player we have on offense. Then what? How do you learn anything about Allen or Dabol from this? Let’s go here

- D Jackson

-M Sanu

-A. Hurns

-T Austin 

-S Shepard 

-D Thomas

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There are so many realistic, affordable,  trade options (at WR) that could help us now and later. These guys are asleep at the wheel. I don’t care what this season is supposed to be about. At this point, even if it was just about evaluating Allen...how can you do that of the guy has nobody to throw to? No team in the league needs help at WR more then the Bills. You still have 10 games left. This is an unacceptable group of WRs. All we do is give credit to these guys for collecting these draft picks and how they are currency. Use one. Use two. Get moving and get some nfl talent on offense. We have heard for weeks we might trade Shady, literally the only good player we have on offense. Then what? How do you learn anything about Allen or Dabol from this? Let’s go here

- D Jackson

-M Sanu

-A. Hurns

-T Austin 

-S Shepard 

-D Thomas

Thomas is a guy I'd be willing to trade for. Sanu is an interesting thought too... but that one is probably for after the season. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

If we were 5-2 I'd be interested. At 2-5 hard pass from me. 

For any acquisition at any position I’d be looking at next year more than this year, so current record not necessarily my deal breaker in any scenario with a player on a deal beyond this season. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

For any acquisition at any position I’d be looking at next year more than this year, so current record not necessarily my deal breaker in any scenario with a player on a deal beyond this season. 

I think at Jackson's age it has to help this season. If he loses another step in the offseason he is not worth anything anyway. Thomas is a different kettle of fish. He has more left in the tank. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Thomas is a guy I'd be willing to trade for. Sanu is an interesting thought too... but that one is probably for after the season. 

I don’t like the idea of waiting until after the season. Do it now, develop the chemistry, learn the offense, make the rest of this season watchable and also you won’t have competition between more attractive teams. This is the time to do it. Our GM needs to see that but I doubt he will.