Reggie Ragland trade a win for Buffalo

Zerovoltz

46 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Thought I’d give you all an update on Ragland in KC.

you win.

Ragland is playing in the wrong era of football when it was important to have that run stuffing thumper at MLB.

Its not working out here in KC.  Ragland is virtually useless as he can not cover and he isn’t even able to make plays in the run game.  He lacks speed.

KC drafted a guy named Dorian O’Daniel in round three this year out of Clemson.  He was a tweener safety LB type.  He finally got real snaps this past week.  Talk about night and day, suddenly were able to cover the back out of the backfield.  

Raglands time here is short.  It’s very clear he is a relic from another time.

congratulations.  

I thought he might have been ok in Chiefs scheme. Obviously he can't cover but they run a base 3/4 with lots of nickel and dime coverage mixed that could maybe make up for his deficiencies in the passing game. Could it be that is what Chiefs were thinking?

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Here in buffalo, he seemed even slower than P Bown who was a serviceable MLB, but absolutely a liability in coverage.  

Rags is Brandon Spike 2.0... 

Mahommes though... ? 

He was a beast in college because he had two healthy knees....after he blew out his knee on a non contact play at STJF,he wasn't close to being the same player.

• Like (+1) 1

We'll see what we do with the 2019 4th round pick from KC that we got in exchange.  Looks like it will be a late 4th rounder the way the Chefs are playing.

Last year we stole Taron Johnson from Weber State in the 4th round, the kid is a natural NFL player who has shown some greatness already.

The Ragman sure was a beast in college, but that means almost nothing anymore. 

The only trade I can say I really detested at the time was the Darby trade. I didn't like it then, I still don't like it. 

Every other trade at the time made sense when you consider the overarching vision for the team, at least IMO. 

22 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

The only trade I can say I really detested at the time was the Darby trade. I didn't like it then, I still don't like it. 

Every other trade at the time made sense when you consider the overarching vision for the team, at least IMO. 

Darby made sense to me because he is a man corner and the new scheme is zone.

Well, I've only seen two Kansas City games this year. In both of those his name was called several times on good heads-up defensive plays. The suckage of your defense is not in large part his lack of ability. I wish we still had him.

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

We play man too?  We play both.

• Like (+1) 1

A little off topic.  So who "won" the McCoy trade?  On paper, you'd have to say the Bills won hands down.  We get 3+ years of ProBowl caliber running back for a middle of the road, oft injured LB who was traded after we traded him.  But what did we win?  Would the resources (player and money) have been better spent somewhere other than RB?  This is the old Sabres topic.  It really doesn't matter whether you win battles (individual trades), it's whether you win the war.

42 minutes ago, MJS said:

Right, and I heard that sell by a number of people in the media and some on this board. My issue is, Darby is a great CB regardless of scheme and a good Defensive Coordinator / Defensive-minded HC should be able to utilize his skills regardless of scheme, especially in CBs when you need so many. Additionally, all Defenses play variations of man-to-man and zone throughout the game and he was on his Rookie deal so it wasn't costing the Bills a great deal of money. 

It's water under the bridge, but it's the one trade I couldn't support even though I believe in what Beane and McD are doing overall. 

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Well, I've only seen two Kansas City games this year. In both of those his name was called several times on good heads-up defensive plays. The suckage of your defense is not in large part his lack of ability. I wish we still had him.

Interesting.  I have watched at least 4 Chiefs games this year, and Ragland has looked like he has always looked.  Slow and a liability in pass coverage.  So much so that he is now losing snaps to a rookie.  I’d be interesting to see his snap count from the last game, as I don’t think I even saw him in the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

At least the new regime was smart enough to move him early and recoup as much as they could before people actually figured out that he was terrible.

STOP!!! You are not supposed to say nice things about this regime!!

• Like (+1) 1