Reggie Ragland trade a win for Buffalo

Zerovoltz

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

This makes up for the Mahomes trade.

Reply of century. Kudos to you 

Mahomes will have more super bowl rings before he retires than the Bills will playoff appearances.

Thanks for trying to cheer us up though with the Ragland observation.

I’ll now go crawl into a hole again.

3 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

Thought I’d give you all an update on Ragland in KC.

you win.

Ragland is playing in the wrong era of football when it was important to have that run stuffing thumper at MLB.

Its not working out here in KC.  Ragland is virtually useless as he can not cover and he isn’t even able to make plays in the run game.  He lacks speed.

KC drafted a guy named Dorian O’Daniel in round three this year out of Clemson.  He was a tweener safety LB type.  He finally got real snaps this past week.  Talk about night and day, suddenly were able to cover the back out of the backfield.  

Raglands time here is short.  It’s very clear he is a relic from another time.

congratulations.  

Lets undo both trades you give us back Ragland and also Mahomes and we will give you all your picks back. 

4 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

you win.

Ragland is playing in the wrong era of football when it was important to have that run stuffing thumper at MLB.

Its not working out here in KC.  Ragland is virtually useless as he can not cover and he isn’t even able to make plays in the run game.  He lacks speed.

KC drafted a guy named Dorian O’Daniel in round three this year out of Clemson.  He was a tweener safety LB type.  He finally got real snaps this past week.  Talk about night and day, suddenly were able to cover the back out of the backfield.  

congratulations.  

Don't worry you got the better of us on the Mahommes deal.... Seams our coach was more worried about 2018 and  trading everything we have for his great white hope from Wyoming 

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

It made sense to me until this off season when they picked up Vontae Davis who played man his whole career.

Well, that didn't go well. I guess part of it is because they tried to fit a square peg in a round hole. Perhaps the same would have happened with Darby.

3 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Right, and I heard that sell by a number of people in the media and some on this board. My issue is, Darby is a great CB regardless of scheme and a good Defensive Coordinator / Defensive-minded HC should be able to utilize his skills regardless of scheme, especially in CBs when you need so many. Additionally, all Defenses play variations of man-to-man and zone throughout the game and he was on his Rookie deal so it wasn't costing the Bills a great deal of money. 

It's water under the bridge, but it's the one trade I couldn't support even though I believe in what Beane and McD are doing overall. 

Well I don't know if he is great regardless of scheme. We haven't seen that.

There's also the culture fit, for what it's worth. Maybe he wasn't buying in. Not sure.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So instead of a run thumper we got a skinny kid who can chase the ball carrier down from behind, hanging on for dear life until the rest of the Hyena Pack can encircle the kill?  Fantastic! 

Are you talking about 20 year old Tremaine Edmunds or Matt Milano, one of the best OLB's in football?

Linebacker is one area where I feel comfortable going forward.

17 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

you win.

congratulations.  

Another great Rex Ryan call to draft a 3/4 LB