Yes this is a stressful season but maybe we should just chill.

We knew going into this season that this year was going to be a difficult year.  There were many weak positions on the team that did not get addressed, (ie backup qb, offensive line, wide receivers, etc.)  It is painful to watch the team that was a playoff team last year have at the very least an uneven performance level from week to week.  It is even more painful to witness the ineptitude of this team during the all too frequent ugly one sided drubbings.

At this point, our expectations are low for the balance of the season.  But prior to the start of the season, many on this board were saying that if we won 4-5 games, and Allen showed improvement, it would be considered a successful season.  The expectation was that we would retool next year and start to be more competitive and move forward.  

Nothing that has happened today conflicts with that logical view we had the beginning of the season.  I am as stressed as the majority of the Bills fans about what we have witnessed through 7 games this season.  But I am going to take a more relaxed view and just have faith that the process will work and hope for the best.

My feeling is that I will give McBeane through 2020 to prove they know what they are doing.  After that, if the team is still a mess, then I believe we should move on and start over with a new management team.  thoughts...

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 8

12 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We knew going into this season that this year was going to be a difficult year.  There were many weak positions on the team that did not get addressed, (ie backup qb, offensive line, wide receivers, etc.)  It is painful to watch the team that was a playoff team last year have at the very least an uneven performance level from week to week.  It is even more painful to witness the ineptitude of this team during the all too frequent ugly one sided drubbings.

At this point, our expectations are low for the balance of the season.  But prior to the start of the season, many on this board were saying that if we won 4-5 games, and Allen showed improvement, it would be considered a successful season.  The expectation was that we would retool next year and start to be more competitive and move forward.  

Nothing that has happened today conflicts with that logical view we had the beginning of the season.  I am as stressed as the majority of the Bills fans about what we have witnessed through 7 games this season.  But I am going to take a more relaxed view and just have faith that the process will work and hope for the best.

My feeling is that I will give McBeane through 2020 to prove they know what they are doing.  After that, if the team is still a mess, then I believe we should move on and start over with a new management team.  thoughts...

Exactly, too many babies around here

• Like (+1) 8
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Bolded is what I thought coming into the season and still feel. 

If next year after retooling and our O is not performing like this year and we are still getting blown out my feeling on the 2020 season with this coaching staff and FO will change though. The next 1.5 years will tell us a lot. I pray that we have this thing straight, I don't want another 3-4 years of "rebuild". 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Still trusting the process, eh? 

My faith in the process has been shaken, but we can not keep bailing o the GM/head coach every 2 to 3 years.  I believe it is in our best interest to give McBeane every chance to  succeed.

9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Bolded is what I thought coming into the season and still feel. 

If next year after retooling and our O is not performing like this year and we are still getting blown out my feeling on the 2020 season with this coaching staff and FO will change though. The next 1.5 years will tell us a lot. I pray that we have this thing straight, I don't want another 3-4 years of "rebuild". 

I feel your pain and agree with you.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This looks more like a PRE-building year. I don’t see a whole ton building of ANYTHING going on right now. Do you?

At least we will get out from under the dead money.  you have to take positives out of this mess anywhere you can.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Still trusting the process, eh? 

This is the problem.

Year 1 our coach took a horribly depleted team to the playoffs.

Year 2 we cut even more cancer out of the team and had to deal with a ridiculous amount of dead cap. Zero talent on the team. What was the expectation?

And that's it. Everybody is done with "the process" because we're not Super Bowl contenders.

How exactly did you guys expect this all to play out? Immediate back to back playoff years with zero talent and inheriting horrible contracts?

Edited by Rigotz
  • Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Thank you.

It's not necessarily the losses that are disturbing as it is the one-sided drubbings where the defense was out schemed such as by the Colts, Ravens, and Chargers.  That wasn't supposed to happen and indicates that the defensive coaching staff is unprepared.  Allen is a rookie and the offense is devoid of talent, so while frustrating, isn't too surprising.  I was just hoping that the losses would be a little more competitive, aside from the Texan game where we were Petermaned.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

How is a game ... a game that complete strangers are playing ... stressful?

That is the disease of fandom .   The irrational emotional bond to a team with your city's name on their jersey.  I agree, it makes no rational sense, but I have been afflicted with you most of my life.  Read the posting during Bills games on this board.  That is real stress.

Do you charge by the hour or by the visit.  Doctor, please help me...

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It's not necessarily the losses that are disturbing as it is the one-sided drubbings where the defense was out schemed such as by the Colts, Ravens, and Chargers.  That wasn't supposed to happen and indicates that the defensive coaching staff is unprepared.  Allen is a rookie and the offense is devoid of talent, so while frustrating, isn't too surprising.  I was just hoping that the losses would be a little more competitive, aside from the Texan game where we were Petermaned.

Agreed.  When we get dominated in all phases of the game...there is no excuse.  Nice, I like your  use of Nate's name as a verb.

Edited by longtimebillsfan

I’d tend to agree, however, we’re getting thoroughly embarrassed in our losses.  Like, they’re over by the middle of the 3rd quarter. 

This team has regressed in all three areas of the game (most notably Offense and Special Teams).

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

That is the disease of fandom .   The irrational emotional bond to a team with your city's name on their jersey.  I agree, it makes no rational sense, but I have been afflicted with you mot of my life.  Read the posting during Bills games on this board. that is real stress.

Do you charge by the hour or by the visit.  Doctor, please help me...

I am Pro Chaz Bono, so don't worry about paying me.

Perhaps it's because I'm not a Buffalonian, I don't know.  I will admit that the rare occasions during which the Mets field a contending team that I feel some stress during post-season.  But I don't live in NYC, either.

I'll feel stress during Bills games when the games matter.  Until then, I enjoy the wins and shake my head at the losses.