Yes this is a stressful season but maybe we should just chill.

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Well, yeah, there's some of that.  Edmunds is a 20 year old rookie MLB who is still learning and does get beat by experienced QBs as well as being out of position in some situations.  But he'll be fine, I'm not too worried about Edmunds as he does appear to be getting better with each game.

I'm not worried about Edmunds either, just saying the blowout might not be a defensive scheme thing, and more savy qbs being able to manipulate LBs. Mariota and Watson got outschemed because they couldn't win post snap yet by tricking LBs to leave their spots with their eyes and pocket movement. 

22 hours ago, Rigotz said:

This is the problem.

Year 1 our coach took a horribly depleted team to the playoffs.

Year 2 we cut even more cancer out of the team and had to deal with a ridiculous amount of dead cap. Zero talent on the team. What was the expectation?

And that's it. Everybody is done with "the process" because we're not Super Bowl contenders.

How exactly did you guys expect this all to play out? Immediate back to back playoff years with zero talent and inheriting horrible contracts?

"More cancer"

McDermott has you hook line and sinker. 

So now the cancer is gone and this offseason the real winning starts. 

We've heard this a million times before by every Bills coach who's walked in here. 

Without Josh Allen panning out, none of the rest of McDermott's Culture over Talent plan will work.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

"More cancer"

McDermott has you hook line and sinker. 

So now the cancer is gone and this offseason the real winning starts. 

We've heard this a million times before by every Bills coach who's walked in here. 

Without Josh Allen panning out, none of the rest of McDermott's Culture over Talent plan will work.

Am I bought in to the idea that rebuilds take more than 1 year? Yes.

Am I bought in to the idea that we had really terrible contracts and overpaid players? Yes.

...how do you not get that?

9 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Am I bought in to the idea that rebuilds take more than 1 year? Yes.

Am I bought in to the idea that we had really terrible contracts and overpaid players? Yes.

...how do you not get that?

What were the horrible contracts? 

The obvious deal is Dareus. The Bills are eating Marcel's dead cap and paying Star, so they are still paying $20MM for the DT position. 

What else? What other horrible contracts were the Bills locked into?

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The obvious deal is Dareus. The Bills are eating Marcel's dead cap and paying Star, so they are still paying $20MM for the DT position. 

none at all

this is fine

The timing might actually be good, in a weird way.  Pats are still at the top of their game- challenging for the division this year was always a long shot.

I say Brady has 2 more good years.  Just a hunch.  By then, Allen will hopefully have worked through a lot of the learning curve, and we’ll have a few more good drafts under our belt.

It’s strange to think that the AFCE could be up for grabs again.  Hopefully we’ll be ready when it is.

3 lbs ground beef (90/10)

2 medium yellow onions, chopped

4 cloves of garlic, minced

2 poblano peppers, chopped & seeds (mostly) removed

1 16 oz can each of Kidney, Black, and Cannellini beans, rinsed & drained

1 30 oz can crushed tomatoes

1 15 oz can diced tomatoes

16 oz beef broth

3 tbsp chili powder

2 tbsp cumin

1 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp oregano

Brown the beef in a pan and drain off excess fat. Add everything to a slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 7 hours.

It boils down to this.  Nobody expected us to win the Super Bowl, so the panic isn’t about the record; instead, it’s about the fact that we have no progress from the QB we traded up to get. For yet another year, we’ll go into the offseason with more questions than answers about the most important position in pro sports 

43 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Cordy Glenn? Tyrod? Wood? ....Dareus is $10Mil for a player who's not even on the team.

Do some research bud.

Edited by Rigotz

41 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

16 oz beef broth

3 tbsp chili powder

2 tbsp cumin

1 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp oregano

Brown the beef in a pan and drain off excess fat. Add everything to a slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 7 hours.

Thats a big batch of chill(i)

I'm not even stressed. I've actually been watching these games with zero expectation or anxiety. It's pretty nice actually. I fully expected it (see my thread "this atrocity should be expected") so I've just been trying to enjoy the good games and the good plays. Monday night could be rough. We may lose by 50, but the nice thing is, when youre not anxiety ridden and have little expectation, it can be kinda fun. Having said that, I DO fully expect a better, competetive team next year. Next year is a different story 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sleeby said:

They're fixing the D which rex amd his idiot brother ruined and getting JA experience while also evaluating who is a maybe and who is gone next year so as to make better decisions in the off season .  next year will be a young, new offense making its mistakes and learning and then, hopefully, 2020 will see our young new team proudly  take its first big boy steps.

I still wouldn’t call that rebuilding. I’m in the construction business. The Bills are currently  in the DEMOLITION phase. There’s very little Reconstruction going on yet as best as I can tell. They kept some of the old walls and a bit of roofing but it won’t be long before they discover that just make the project take longer! Time for another visit to Home Depot!

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I still wouldn’t call that rebuilding. I’m in the construction business. The Bills are currently  in the DEMOLITION phase. There’s very little Reconstruction going on yet as best as I can tell. They kept some of the old walls and a bit of roofing but it won’t be long before they discover that just make the project take longer! Time for another visit to Home Depot!

Well, everyone really, really wanted to end the playoff drought last year which was like putting in a new driveway when they should have been starting the demo.work.  Then everyone really, really wanted to trade a ton of our draft stock on a QB and that cost us a lot of our materials - thankfully not as much as some here were willing to spend though.  That was like putting in the in ground pool before rebuilding the house.  

The fans are complaining about actions that I see them having wanted.  Maybe the wrong josh for some though - but Rosen is a small handed, self entitled, why-not-me at the draft when he was not picked as early as he thought, little kavanaugh like douche  kid.  No big loss there imo.

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Cordy Glenn? Tyrod? Wood? ....Dareus is $10Mil for a player who's not even on the team.

Do some research bud.

Cordy Glenn is a horrible contract? The guy is a starting LT in the NFL. Started at LT for the Bills immediately out of college. You're going to pay $10MM a year for that. That's not insane, its a desirable position and another guy that we drafted (2nd Round) and developed and let go. Get real. Let me guess, you were one of those guys that said Jason Peters wants $10MM a year!!!!!!  No way!!!!!! Yeah, you were wrong then too bud.

Tyrod - Making what? Average QB money. I think we've learned that the production the Bills get out of QBs can get a lot worse than Tyrod. 

Again, Dareus, the Bills did not HAVE to do that move. The Coach could have opted to work with Dareus a found a point in time to cut him, say after this season, where the dead cap wasn't so high. Our Coach/GM deemed he wasn't a "culture" fit and traded him. Instead the Bills doubled down. They traded Dareus and signed Star long term. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Once you accept what this year is going to be, it's not so bad. 

Yea, it sucks to make the Playoffs last year, feel that excitement, and then deal with this, but it's still in line with what Beane's vision was with rebuilding this team. 

I'm just hoping we can sneak into the Top 3 of the Draft and get Ed Oliver.  Pair him up with Star, and we will be nuking the interior of opponents OL's next year.  Then spend the rest of the Draft and FA on Offense and resigning our own guys.

If Allen can be, at the very least, a game manager in Year 2, this team should be a Playoff squad in 2019.

I was told, by Beane, that the plan was to win AND rebuild at the same time.   Seemed to be working last year ...

The main issue is a lack of competitiveness.  All I want is a team that is prepared and competes every Sunday.  This is the NFL where some teams might be dominant or very good but the majority of games are still competitive.  The Browns went 0-16 last season but lost only one game by more than 20 points.  The Bills have done that 3 times already in 7 game and most likely 4 times in 8 if Monday night goes the way I think it might.  This isn't college where Alabama beats Southern Louisiana Community College 78 to 3.  The difference between the abilities of professional athletes is measured in milliseconds and fractions.  The Bills offense legitimately don't belong on an NFL field.   Why can't this management team identify and sign lineman that can block and receivers that can catch?  And make sure the players line up in legal formations?  How many of those calls have we seen to this point?  

As is typical for all of the 21st century with most Bills front office & coaching staff regimes something is fundamentally wrong here with the 'process'.  And blasting away the smoke of falling back on process, either you know what you are doing or you don't.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

16 oz beef broth

3 tbsp chili powder

2 tbsp cumin

1 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp oregano

This will definitely help.  thank you. LOL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Do some research bud.

Just wait until the Bills "Spend" in UFA this year.

Those contracts are going to rival or beat those you just listed. 

16 oz beef broth

3 tbsp chili powder

2 tbsp cumin

1 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp oregano

Why such expensive beef for chili?  If health reasons then ground turkey actually works well with chili; else save some money.

Edited by sleeby
  • Sad 1

16 oz beef broth

3 tbsp chili powder

2 tbsp cumin

1 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp oregano

i can pick away at it for the last 5 or so hours?

• Haha (+1) 1