McBeane Confidence

McBeane  

261 members have voted

1. 1. How much confidence do you have that McDermott will be a successful head coach for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

2. 2. How much confidence do you have that Beane will be a successful GM for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

While I sympathize with your idea that maybe we should have picked up Mahomes, I doubt McDermott's thought was "I'm good."

Probably more like, "I'm not a personnel expert. Should I stake my career on picking up a QB recommended (or not recommended - we don't know) by Doug Whaley, the guy who loved EJ Manuel? Or should I wait a year for a draft that's supposed to be loaded with QB talent when I have (hopefully) a talented GM on board to help make the call?"

How does this revisionist history happen so quickly? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but Whaley did NOT draft EJ. Buddy Nix did. Buddy Nix said 'whoever is our top rated passer is the pick' and it didn't matter to the old fool that EJ was both the top rated, but also with a 3rd round grade. 

23 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Competent doesn’t mean good it means at least capable of scoring around 20 points points a game and not being ranked in the bottom 5 of the league in every major category. Now we’ve become one of the worst offenses of all time, DUDE. 

DUDE - you still didn't describe sheet Tierod couldn't muster 20 points many games......you had many others carrying your water for you.  DUDE.  GTFU

Edited by Kwai San

11 hours ago, Kwai San said:

DUDE - you still didn't describe sheet Tierod couldn't muster 20 points many games......you had many others carrying your water for you.  DUDE.  GTFU

Yeah, we only set a record for consecutive 20+ point home games while he was QB... Seriously, it's time to move on.

They have no shot of putting together a good offense in year 3. We may only win 2 games this year, it's possible they get axed after this season even though we know the Pegulas don't want to do that. 

Honestly, I didn't like the Allen pick. But he's here. Is this regime the regime that can get the most out of Allen? If the answer is no, let them go. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/24/2018 at 5:19 PM, buffalostu2 said:

It is time for us to stop linking these guys together just because it is convenient. They have completely different roles where they have to interact, agree, and coexist.  Does anyone here think they spend more than one hour a day together?  

We have a good coach, not perfect, but pretty good.   Our baby GM is not looking good at all IMO but the jury is still out.  

It's irrelevant to separate them.........if one goes the other goes with him.    

They are a package deal........make no mistake.    

McD won't get to hire another GM and another GM won't want anything to do with a once organizationally omnipotent defensive minded-HC with a bad enough track record to get his own hand-picked GM fired.

• Like (+1) 2

50/50 right now.  They have the QB they want and the MLB they want.  Young guys that should grow and improve.  They have the cap space freed up and draft picks to use for players or bargaining chips.  If they make the right moves this coming offseason they should be in good shape.  If not they won't.

No, not really. Their success and the success of this team is likely going to be dictated by how well Allen is. So far, it’s not encouraging. 

I dont expect us to do well in FA with all that cap space. Too many teams have money to spend as well and I don’t see us being an attractive destination. I assume we’ll be handing out bloated contracts this summer.

They are going to need to absolutely dominate the draft and get a bunch of talent. Even then, I still see us being a mediocre team with too many young players at key positions. 

Don't expect a turn-around this season, but long-term, yeah, I have confidence these guys can do it. Gotta give them time. Everyone wants to dog this regime and kick them out while they're in the middle of the exact thing another new regime would be doing. We wanna quit on this rebuild so another regime can come in and do a rebuild of the rebuild? Perpetually hiring a new staff every other year is a surefire way to stay in the basement for the foreseeable future. 

I'm confident they have a well thought out plan and are executing it to a T and will be allowed to complete it. That in and of itself is new territory here.

Whether it works or not who knows. A lot will depend on how fast Allen develops and how good he ends up being. Nobody knows yet.

• Haha (+1) 1

I have zero confidence in Beane. I don't think he knows what he's doing. I don't think he has a plan. I don't believe he knows how to build a roster. I don't believe he knows how to judge talent, draft picks or free agents. So far he's reminding me of Donahoe where he just gets athletes and hopes they progress. I do believe McDermott can make a good roster look like the Bengals or Vikings or Steelers.

Edited by CuddyDark

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I have zero confidence in Beane. I don't think he knows what he's doing. I don't think he has a plan. I don't believe he knows how to build a roster. I do believe McDermott can make a good roster look like the Bengals or Vikings or Steelers.

Despite them talking constantly about having a plan, they have no plan.  Got it.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Despite them talking constantly about having a plan, they have no plan.  Got it.

Talking about something and doing it are two different things. Or as they used to say, talk is cheap. Tell me what their plan is? They believed this team was going to be good. They believed they would go deeper into the play offs with this team. They tried to add to the team from last year.

It's only true believes who are projecting the teams failure into "They wanted to have a rebuild year." What makes people say this I have zero idea. This is only a transition year in the minds of fans who want it to finally work, this time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Talking about something and doing it are two different things. Or as they used to say, talk is cheap. Tell me what their plan is? They believed this team was going to be good. They believed they would go deeper into the play offs with this team. They tried to add to the team from last year.

It's only true believes who are projecting the teams failure into "They wanted to have a rebuild year." What makes people say this I have zero idea. This is only a transition year in the minds of fans who want it to finally work, this time.

They have discussed their plan constantly. They want to be competitive short term while building a team that is a contender long term.  Thee were competitive last year, as in a playoff team.   They talked about clearing cap space.  They have.  They talked about how you can't win in the league without a QB.  They drafted one. 

This year sucks so far because they are taking a huge cap hit to clear space, and because they screwed up a couple things, like not getting a guy like Anderson here earlier.  But don't come on here and say they have no plan.  They do.  Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they have no plan.

On 10/24/2018 at 4:50 PM, dickleyjones said:

turn what around? most everything that has happened is by design. this year is a wash, we all know it, yet some want to melt down about it and pretend McBeane meant to put a good complete team on the field this year.

My problem with this theory is the Quarterback.  Allen does not look good and if you say they knew that why was Peterman the only thing between him and starting.  My confidence is completely shaken.  Take the trade up for Zay and Edmunds and it's flirting with tire fire status. 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

They have discussed their plan constantly. They want to be competitive short term while building a team that is a contender long term.  Thee were competitive last year, as in a playoff team.   They talked about clearing cap space.  They have.  They talked about how you can't win in the league without a QB.  They drafted one. 

This year sucks so far because they are taking a huge cap hit to clear space, and because they screwed up a couple things, like not getting a guy like Anderson here earlier.  But don't come on here and say they have no plan.  They do.  Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they have no plan.

These are all your idea of their plan. Their actions say different then your ideas. They believed in this team. They did not take a step back. That's your summation.

• Like (+1) 1