Bills vs. Colts Postgame

rodak_mike.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills coach Sean McDermott said after Sunday's loss to the Colts that RB LeSean McCoy is in the concussion protocol. McCoy left in the first quarter with a head injury and did not return. He was replaced by Chris Ivory, who briefly left the game in the second half with an apparent lower left leg injury but later said his injury was not anything major. Ivory was spotted on a cart in the tunnel after the game, presumably headed for X-rays.

Buffalo Bills vs. Indianapolis Colts Live Score and Stats - October 21, 2018 Gametracker

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Andrew Luck kept pleading with coach Frank Reich to stick with the ground game Sunday.

Reich gladly granted his wish.

After throwing 164 passes the previous three weeks, Luck watched his runners deliver the hard shots and took advantage of the openings by throwing for four touchdowns in a 37-5 rout over Buffalo.

''When you run the ball really, really well, the byproduct is throwing the ball efficiently,'' Luck said.

It seems as though with the Colts getting healthy, the offense is more in sync.

Booth Recap: Colts Dominate Bills in 37-5 Rout (1:53)
Spero Dedes and Adam Archuleta break down the Colts domination over the Bills as they win 37-5.

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

I quit at the half and put a new drive belt and paddles on my snowblower. A much better use of my time.

I took the dog for a walk, cleaned out the flowers and garden, pulled the solar lights.

I'm with you, brother...gonna be another long, horrible season, I'm afraid.

November and December are gonna be rough.

Really gotta give the bills credit today.  They did a hell of a job keeping my drinking in check by being piss poor in every aspect of the game imaginable.

I was able to turn off the game before the half and had a great rest of the day with the family.

Thank you.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nucci said:

Fantasy football and the redzone...there is good football to watch

True points, but I don't play fantasy football and I've gotten to the point where I don't really enjoy watching football unless its the Bills or NC State.  Both got waxed this weekend so like I said, some time freed up!

Ugly.  Very Ugly.  Getting blown out by a 1 - 5 team is a bit much.  This game did shed some light on several questions that have been bouncing around:

*  Any doubts that there is almost no talent on the offense outside of Shady & Ivy were answered today.  Let's not forget that going into the game Indy had the 24th rated defense by yards and the 30th rated defense by points given up.  By any definition the Colts are a bad defense.  In spite of this Buffalo could only score a FG on offense and had FIVE TO's. 

*  Another question that was answered for me is that our offense is better with Allen in at QB then anyone else on the roster.  It's actually surprising that the rookie QB is more careful with the ball then our more experienced QB's. 

*  How bad were our receivers today.  Remember how on Andersen's last INT the Bills WR was pushed off his route by the DB who then ran the route and should have intercepted the pass (it bounced off his hands to get intercepted by a safety).  And poor Andersen gets credited with the INT. 

*  In the long run having a top 5 pick which we can then trade away for a boatload of picks is the silver lining on this cluster frack of a season.  Oh and for those saying "draft a QB" - No, Allen will be fine.  After seeing Rosen and then Darnold (17 - 42 - 206 - 1TD - 3INT) show out as typical rookie QB's Allen will be fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, chaccof said:

True points, but I don't play fantasy football and I've gotten to the point where I don't really enjoy watching football unless its the Bills or NC State.  Both got waxed this weekend so like I said, some time freed up!

I know....I need something...really enjoy football...but this is tough

36 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Really gotta give the bills credit today.  They did a hell of a job keeping my drinking in check by being piss poor in every aspect of the game imaginable.

I was able to turn off the game before the half and had a great rest of the day with the family.

Thank you.

The good Lord blessed me with a new hunting lease this year. I was conflicted as i always spend Sundays watching the Bills and cooking.

Jesus was watching out for me so i will not be tormented having to endure this $hit show. Praise be to God.?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

The good Lord blessed me with a new hunting lease this year. I was conflicted as i always spend Sundays watching the Bills and cooking.

Jesus was watching out for me so i will not be tormented having to endure this $hit show. Praise be to God.?

This is the faith that McD is trying to inject into the fan base.  Have faith they will suck so you can enjoy your time doing other things.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, vincec said:

It's hard to build a winning culture when you're getting your butts handed to you all the time. Players develop bad habits, get lazy, etc.

But hey, it’ll be okay because I heard McD swore in his post game presser. I’d imagine he said “ I have to look at the DAMN tape” or something. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

But hey, it’ll be okay because I heard McD swore in his post game presser. I’d imagine he said “ I have to look at the DAMN tape” or something. 

He did? I watched it and I didn't see that. I must have missed it!

3 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

I’m hoping for Hebert and a good free agency market ....

watched four of his games and he is the top QB, but not better than Allen. He throws off his back foot sometimes and has some overthrows as well. I'm not saying he is bad but he is a less gifted QB than Allen with the same problems.

What we need is a new Oline and receiving corps.

The last thing we need is regime change as this will just start all over again (not at you but to those who are calling for one)

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

There was long beep in the presser. I was wondering why that was. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t know what was said, just heard he swore or something. I was being facetious with my guess lol 

He looked discouraged. I think reality has finally set in with him that this team sucks and it's going to be a long season.

4 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

so in total.. it can get worse than Allen, but can’t get worse than peterman 

Yes.  

And we are very far away from knowing Allen's true potential, but we know exactly what Peterman is and that he will never improve.

Both have played 5 games.

15 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

McDermott's arms were crossed. Speaks volumes.

He's feeling the heat.

....D&C's Maiorana thinks so as well...........

COACHING: F

McDermott may be losing this team. The Bills looked disinterested in playing once they fell behind 14-0. He referred to the youth of the roster, and he made sure to give the Colts credit. But that was lip service. His team was beaten to a pulp by a Colts team that had lost five of its first six games. It was embarrassing. On offense, Brian Daboll has nothing in his vast playbook that can make up for the ineptness of the players he has to work with. On defense, Leslie Frazier’s guys had played well for a month straight, but that was a tire fire in every way as not a single player on defense made an impactful play.