Worst Fall season ever.

I picked my 90 year old mother up today at her retirement home and took her to lunch. It’s ALWAYS Fall Season there. They’re falling all over the place! 

In Atlanta we went quickly from warm 90 degree highs right into the 60’s, totally skipping the 80’s and 70’s. I love the 80’s, and prefer 90 to 60 because I enjoy playing tennis. I HATE to sweat and be cold at the same time. It reminds me of shoveling snow.  My kids have told me forever I was scarred by growing up in Buffalo, and that may be true. Loved it as a kid, but......love to go back in spring/summer/fall now, and maybe brief trips in the winter. 

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

I picked my 90 year old mother up today at her retirement home and took her to lunch. It’s ALWAYS Fall Season there. They’re falling all over the place! 

In Atlanta we went quickly from warm 90 degree highs right into the 60’s, totally skipping the 80’s and 70’s. I love the 80’s, and prefer 90 to 60 because I enjoy playing tennis. I HATE to sweat and be cold at the same time. It reminds me of shoveling snow.  My kids have told me forever I was scarred by growing up in Buffalo, and that may be true. Loved it as a kid, but......love to go back in spring/summer/fall now, and maybe brief trips in the winter. 

The leaves are turning in Upstate NY but I don’t think it will be a good fall for leaf colors.  They will go from green to fall colors to falling off the trees all in about a week.

Your comment about being cold and sweating at the same time from shoveling snow was a harsh reminder of what’s coming. ☹️

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gray Beard said:

The leaves are turning in Upstate NY but I don’t think it will be a good fall for leaf colors.  They will go from green to fall colors to falling off the trees all in about a week.

Your comment about being cold and sweating at the same time from shoveling snow was a harsh reminder of what’s coming. ☹️

It’s a harsh reminder of my childhood.  :wacko:

57 at 1 PM. Left the house to do a hike and got about a  mile away. Started thundering and lightning and  a mixture of rain and slushy snow started falling.  Ten minutes layer my car thermometer said 49. Never got out of the car and went back home.

Edited by Wacka

18 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Was way too hot and now it's below average cold, and the leaves never turned. There was one day were I remember thinking this is a nice fall day and the next day was freezing :angry:

The late hurricanes messed up the normal rhythm of the Fall for us.  All the pecans, simmons, muscadines, acorns all gone too quick.

It's been weird, but that's October for us.  November is our Fall, usually.

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

The late hurricanes messed up the normal rhythm of the Fall for us.  All the pecans, simmons, muscadines, acorns all gone too quick.

It's been weird, but that's October for us.  November is our Fall, usually.

the hurricanes made the humidity unbearable as well.

20 hours ago, Steptide said:

The leaves will change. We had above average Temps Sept and October(so far) 

not sure we're you live but September was friggin hot in WNY.

19 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I l ive in Wellsville, and we have little color change and a lot of the leaves are off already. Just went from green to dead.

16 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Geez!  I thought this was about our season!

wrong forum.

I agree with OP...

Too many hot days, and then immediately chilly. Leaves shmeaves, I just want the good weather.

Where is my 60° season?

I love the winter, too; but man the fall is when I get stuff done. Guess I'll be doing it in a Carhartt this year.

Two weeks ago I went to Lake Placid.  It was peak.   I have never seen peak up there before and it was quite a site.  This was one week after their Leaf festival or whatever they call it.   

Just north of Syracuse, the trees are still changing.  Maples in my yard haven't hit full color yet but they should this week.  Not that many leaves down.  Usually for Halloween I have large piles in the street.   The oaks on the other had think they are going to hang on to the leaves until Dec.  They are still green.

3 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Two weeks ago I went to Lake Placid.  It was peak.   I have never seen peak up there before and it was quite a site.  This was one week after their Leaf festival or whatever they call it.   

Just north of Syracuse, the trees are still changing.  Maples in my yard haven't hit full color yet but they should this week.  Not that many leaves down.  Usually for Halloween I have large piles in the street.   The oaks on the other had think they are going to hang on to the leaves until Dec.  They are still green.

Let Me finish that song about those pesky Trees and their unrest in the forest. (with a little creative help):

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light'
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet,
Axe,
And saw...

Those effing oaks... Always hanging on too long!

?

On 10/20/2018 at 7:26 PM, Augie said:

It’s a harsh reminder of my childhood.  :wacko:

That was a long time ago..now you wear socks to bed to ward of the gout.

Was awesome yesterday on the porch watching football @56 degrees. Prolly low 40s when I came in about 10PM ! Loved it!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/20/2018 at 6:50 PM, Augie said:

I picked my 90 year old mother up today at her retirement home and took her to lunch. It’s ALWAYS Fall Season there. They’re falling all over the place! [/n]

Augie, You are devilish. :devil:

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

That was a long time ago..now you wear socks to bed to ward of the gout.

Was awesome yesterday on the porch watching football @56 degrees. Prolly low 40s when I came in about 10PM ! Loved it!

I just hope you were wearing pants...or at least shorts! 

11 hours ago, Augie said:

I just hope you were wearing pants...or at least shorts! 

A neighbor reported to the police that there was a suspicious person next door on the porch only wearing a thong and prancing around. When asked for a more detailed description the neighbor said that his bountiful cheeks were very dimpled  and jiggly. :devil:

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

A neighbor reported to the police that there was a suspicious person next door on the porch only wearing a thong and prancing around. When asked for a more detailed description the neighbor said that his bountiful cheeks were very dimpled  and jiggly. :devil:

hail damage