Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

9 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Fitzgerald had over 100 receptions and 1,000 yards the last 3 seasons in a row.  Jerry Rice had three 1,000 receiving yard seasons and 3 more 800+ yard seasons when he was playing at an older age than Larry is today.  Get a clue buddy. 

Yea so dominant that he had to get moved to the slot and get used as a good route runner with good hands utilized by a good veteran qb. As of right now Larry fitz isn’t even a top 30 wr if you were going to start a team and play for one year and could pick from all the wr talent in the league. 

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Right, and I get that. But the violent nature in which his elbow was hit.....watch it closely. The joint doesn’t look right.

I mean, he’s going to get it looked at. But pre-imaging probability places it at 1000-1. Especially bc they almost certainly tested the joint on the sideline.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Hmm. He was a bit more poised I will give you that. He was less skittish than the last two games. As for decision making..... less convinced. 

The bar is low. His was terrible in his first start (Chargers). Vikings game he showed flashes in what was an anomaly. Atrocious against the Packers. The last two games he's made steady progress - especially today IMO considering the environment.

That said - progress isn't perfectly linear. Life doesn't work that way. There are ups and downs. Five games isn't nearly enough of a sample size to make that determination. In the end you just hope the forward steps outnumber the backward steps.

• Like (+1) 1

He needs to get the ball out of his hands faster and look for his second and third reads before running.  Other than that I think he has the makings of a pretty good starting QB.  Yes his accuracy is awful sometimes but I think when you get TALENT around him his flaws will be insignificant.  He can more than make up for a few missed throws a game with his arm and pressing the ball down the feild.  

1 hour ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Is he really the answer? Looks like the least competent and ready of all the top 18 QB’s.  He’s really a raw talent almost makes we wonder if he’ll ever develop.

People won't accept what's smacking them in the face when it comes to Allen. We used a ton of assets to get him, so those that hyped themselves up on him during the offseason will need a loooong time to adjust their perception on him. 

Remember all those posts claiming accuracy doesnt matter, stats don't matter, performance in his own conference didnt matter, play against good opponents didn't matter, etc.?

The defensive fortress went up quickly, so it'll take a massive amount of miserable performances to chip away at it and have a realistic discussion on Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The bar is low. His was terrible in his first start (Chargers). Vikings game he showed flashes in what was an anomaly. Atrocious against the Packers. The last two games he's made steady progress - especially today IMO considering the environment.

That said - progress isn't perfectly linear. Life doesn't work that way. There are ups and downs. Five games isn't nearly enough of a sample size to make that determination. In the end you just hope the forward steps outnumber the backward steps.

Of course. And I am not saying "he's a bust." I am saying there isn't a lot here yet to hang your hat on. He needs to start to play better in certain facets. Not consistently for 60 minutes... that is probably some way off... but at times in games. He has no help, but he also hasn't done enough to make me feel good about the way things are going so far. 

1 hour ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Is he really the answer? Looks like the least competent and ready of all the top 18 QB’s.  He’s really a raw talent almost makes we wonder if he’ll ever develop.

You may have a point,  but the fact that you're a (*^*&%^$^#kind of negates anything you post.

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

People won't accept what's smacking them in the face when it comes to Allen. We used a ton of assets to get him, so those that hyped themselves up on him during the offseason will need a loooong time to adjust their perception on him. 

Remember all those posts claiming accuracy doesnt matter, stats don't matter, performance in his own conference didnt matter, play against good opponents didn't matter, etc.?

The defensive fortress went up quickly, so it'll take a massive amount of miserable performances to chip away at it and have a realistic discussion on Allen.

Or maybe your just a dingus and dont know what your talking about

He can throw very, very far. 

He was my 4th choice. But he’s OUR GUY now and I’ll wait and see how it turns out. I’m 100% in on Josh as it’s waaaaay too soon to know how this turns out. Hope the elbow isn’t a big deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

I love this kids passion, hatred of losing, and leadership but he's not going to make it. The flaws are impossible to overcome. The accuracy has not shown one iota of improvement. The decision-making and commitment to throw the ball where he needs to is non-existent. I don't want it to be the case but the the love affair with the tools is neanderthal thinking on the part of the the front office. No one ever fixes these problems and turns a QB into a pro bowler, all pro, or super bowl winner. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zonabb said:

I love this kids passion, hatred of losing, and leadership but he's not going to make it. The flaws are impossible to overcome. The accuracy has not shown one iota of improvement. The decision-making and commitment to throw the ball where he needs to is non-existent. I don't want it to be the case but the the love affair with the tools is neanderthal thinking on the part of the the front office. No one ever fixes these problems and turns a QB into a pro bowler, all pro, or super bowl winner. 

HE WAS NOT INACCURATE TODAY.......christ

Just now, PayDaBill$ said:

Yawn

Actually....I dont even think you have a point.....

• Like (+1) 2