Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is a legitimate question: Out here in California we’ve all been mandated to take harassment training at a minimum of every other year, dating back to Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas. Didn’t Joe have to take this training? Didn’t he have to sign a form declaring he’d sat through the course? Are elected officials exempt? If so...why?

Who in CA is mandated to take harassment training? Who is doing the mandating?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No money, no chance... why is she running? 

Elizabeth Warren polling in 3rd place … in Massachusetts

Just 3 points ahead of a surging Mayor Pete, and far behind Bernie and Biden, in her home state.

</snip>

And what is worse!? The Massachusetts Emerson Poll has Joey-B at 23% - the poll was taken April 4-7.  :wacko:

On 4/6/2019 at 9:37 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

...Not even that time you bribed Ukraine to not prosecute your son for his shady business dealings that netted him and your family millions? 

Of course you're not sorry for that, Joe. You're a fake, a fraud, and a bad person. 

Your time's almost up. Hope it was fun for you, Joe.

Iraq War vote?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Who in CA is mandated to take harassment training? Who is doing the mandating?

I believe it’s a State Law. From your answer I take it that you’re not taking this training elsewhere around the country? That’s amazing to me.

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I believe it’s a State Law. From your answer I take it that you’re not taking this training elsewhere around the country? That’s amazing to me.

You didn't answer the questions. Is this government mandated for government employees? Is this training required in private businesses?

36 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You didn't answer the questions. Is this government mandated for government employees? Is this training required in private businesses?

Any organization with an official personnel department seems to have mandated training sessions to stop harassment.

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

Image-1.jpeg

Showing that, once again, the left cannot come up with their own material; they have to steal their "insults" because they're too stupid to come up with their own.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Showing that, once again, the left cannot come up with their own material; they have to steal their "insults" because they're too stupid to come up with their own.

Besides, that was from Trump's 2016 campaign. We have a whole new slew of material coming up for 2020, I'm sure. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Besides, that was from Trump's 2016 campaign. We have a whole new slew of material coming up for 2020, I'm sure. :lol:

they will just make up whatever they want to, good thing their imagination isn't worth squat

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yes, once again, it shows Trump's superiority over Biden. If a person is going to get "touchy" with another person shouldn't they go for the gusto?

21 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It says a lot about you that you see this as a jibe at one side and not the other. 

Biden made the bed he's currently in and at some point in a long form interview, he will  answer for it.

Edited by BeginnersMind

Not sure if this was covered, but Buttigieg calling out Pence's bigotry is great! https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/04/07/pete-buttigieg-god-being-gay-and-mike-pence/3330897002/

“That’s the thing that I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand,” Buttigieg said of the vice president, who has opposed same-sex marriage. “That if you have a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator.” 

Buttigieg has also drawn headlines by questioning how President Donald Trump’s professed belief in God squares with his behavior – and by challenging the support Trump receives from many evangelical Christians.

“I can’t believe that somebody that was caught writing hush money checks to adult film actresses is somebody they should be lifting up as the kind of person they want to be leading this nation,” he said on "Meet the Press" Sunday.

30 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, once again, it shows Trump's superiority over Biden. If a person is going to get "touchy" with another person shouldn't they go for the gusto?

Trump was talking total bull#### with a friend, off the record

the narrative was of him wanting a married woman and they went furniture shopping and he didn't seal the deal

and a commentary on how women throw themselves at rich and famous men and sometimes as the recipient of such attention you go for it.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not sure if this was covered, but Buttigieg calling out Pence's bigotry is great! https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/04/07/pete-buttigieg-god-being-gay-and-mike-pence/3330897002/

HAHA Gator, explain to me if God was ok with homosexuals and created people as such then why did he kick ass in Sodom & Gomorrah?

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

HAHA Gator, explain to me if God was ok with homosexuals and created people as such then why did he kick ass in Sodom & Gomorrah?

That's a great argument. I hope Trump, Pence and company go with that! 

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Trump was talking total bull#### with a friend, off the record

the narrative was of him wanting a married woman and they went furniture shopping and he didn't seal the deal

and a commentary on how women throw themselves at rich and famous men and sometimes as the recipient of such attention you go for it.

No one ever wants to have a discussion on how a subset of women go after rich and/or famous men.  Buckle-bunnies, puck bunnies - there are analogous women in each sport,  the political sphere,  business, etc.  And yeah, they "let" men do a lot of things just to say they slept with X, Y, and Z. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No one ever wants to have a discussion on how a subset of women go after rich and/or famous men.  Buckle-bunnies, puck bunnies - there are analogous women in each sport,  the political sphere,  business, etc.  And yeah, they "let" men do a lot of things just to say they slept with X, Y, and Z. 

I had a bit of this attention from sports, it creeped me out.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I had a bit of this attention from sports, it creeped me out.

"Chess" groupies have all the moves. Did you ever jump a Queen?

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That's a great argument. I hope Trump, Pence and company go with that! 

That just shows how disingenuous you are. You claim God in order to make your case but dismiss Him when it suits you.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Which is why the Access Hollywood tape is repeatedly misconstrued. 

Trump never said he grabbed anyone by the hoo-ha. He said he could because of what you said above. 

Biden, on the other *cough* hand, actually goes for the grope.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

"Chess" groupies have all the moves. Did you ever jump a Queen?

That just shows how disingenuous you are. You claim God in order to make your case but dismiss Him when it suits you.

God is love, not hate. Tag, you are it 

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am wondering if the big money is gonna sit this one out early? Kinda weird as I would think they would want to support "their guy".  Maybe they are waiting until the field gets a bit tighter? 

Booker raises $5M (way underperforming others)

One of their largest revenue streams has been tied off: 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briankmiller/2018/06/27/unpacking-the-janus-decision/#792eb70041a4

Meanwhile, with Silicon Valley under the microscope - they're being more cautious with their donations at this point:

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/03/05/silicon-valley-money-2020-democratic-liability

And of course you had the biggest/worst dirty actors on the international stage get their funding sources taken away:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-10/saudi-prince-alwaleed-s-net-worth-tumbles-58-to-six-year-low

https://www.rferl.org/a/imf-says-us-sanctions-pushed-iran-economy-into-recession-cut-oil-exports/29533226.html

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/07/a-chinese-recession-is-inevitable-dont-think-it-wont-affect-you

There's a reason the white hats went after the revenue streams first in this shadow war.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which is why the Access Hollywood tape is repeatedly misconstrued. 

Trump never said he grabbed anyone by the hoo-ha. He said he could because of what you said above. 

Biden, on the other *cough* hand, actually goes for the grope.

This is misconstrued??? 

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

a tape of two men bullshitting, as most men do on occasion, becomes evidence when you are deranged

every man, with a ***** recognized the tape for what it was and what is is worth

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is misconstrued??? 

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

So, you aren't attracted to beautiful women? I wonder what conclusions I can garner from that?

29 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, you aren't attracted to beautiful women? I wonder what conclusions I can garner from that?

Tibs doesn't think at all before posting, you keep encouraging this, i wonder if you are a mult of Tibs?