Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

22 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I have STEM degrees and used to think like that. But I'd hate to be without artists, cooks, tradespeople, farmers, accountants, lawyers, politicians. It takes a lot of people to make a society work. 

aflac duck.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I have STEM degrees and used to think like that. But I'd hate to be without artists, cooks, tradespeople, farmers, accountants, lawyers, politicians. It takes a lot of people to make a society work. 

the issue is people thinking they are ENTITLED to a university degree because they simply exist

and ruining themselves forever financially because taking out large loans when you have no job possibilities awaiting is suicide

what field(s) of study are your degrees in?

accountants and lawyers are not including in fingerpainting degree fields.

most farmers i know are engineers

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the issue is people thinking they are ENTITLED to a university degree because they simply exist

and ruining themselves forever financially because taking out large loans when you have no job possibilities awaiting is suicide

Not suicide. Just a life choice that you don't like. 

The consequences of those choices are what they are. 

10 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Not suicide. Just a life choice that you don't like. 

The consequences of those choices are what they are. 

based on the quality of your thinking here, i don't doubt that you find it fine to run up $100,000 plus in debt for no good reason at all.

Yeah, i guess that's a life choice, it's a really stupid one and will ruin you.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why do you think that's true? Maybe if politicians were a little less political and lawyers were a little less litigious, eh?

People have felt that way since the beginning of lawyers and politicians. You like the ones you like.

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

based on the quality of your thinking here, i don't doubt that you find it fine to run up $100,000 plus in debt for no good reason at all.

Not necessary. 

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Yeah, i guess that's a life choice, it's a really stupid one and will ruin you.

Some will have financial hardship. Life choices have consequences. 

44 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

mr-rodgers-middle-finger-mister-rogers-f

Having worked in the real estate development end of things I've run into numerous lawyers that I wouldn't trust to hang on to my lunch money for an hour. Conversely I have worked with attorneys who I had the utmost respect for. In retrospect, the lawyers that I didn't trust usually were working out of their field of expertise and tried to bs their way through the job at hand. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about and have experienced much of the same. No offense to you as I'm sure you are one of the good guys. Oh, and BTW if you want to give someone the finger, this is easier: mlm

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Booker tells lawmakers he is running for president and seeks their support

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/427980-booker-seeks-support-from-lawmakers-as-he-informs-them-he-is-running-for

Going go be great watching Harris, Booker & Warren all argue who is the blackest among them.

The overlap in a venn diagram among the three of them wouldn’t be “blacker” than Joe Namath.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Going go be great watching Harris, Booker & Warren all argue who is the blackest among them..

This is a lesson for the light-minded leftists who mocked the right with the whole "clown car" schtick when a bunch of GOP candidates were elbowing for the top spot.

Be careful what you mock, as you will surely get it. You're about to go from the Democratic Party to the Donner Party. Someone make some popcorn and tell the fat lady she's on in five.