Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve decided I’m a victim as to relive myself of any responsibility for antebellum slavery. Now, what kind of victim shall I be? I’ve got it! Christine Blasey Ford yanked my crank. She molested me and grabbed my penis when I was in middle school. 

My posting this is very, very brave. And I’m a victim. My responsibility for slavery is now null and void. Yay!

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I’ve decided I’m a victim as to relive myself of any responsibility for antebellum slavery. Now, what kind of victim shall I be? I’ve got it! Christine Blasey Ford yanked my crank. She molested me and grabbed my penis when I was in middle school. 

My posting this is very, very brave. And I’m a victim. My responsibility for slavery is now null and void. Yay!

White male grievance rant, yawn 

5 hours ago, B-Man said:
Democrats Need To Find a Centrist Or They’re Doomed
by Conrad Black

Original Article

Not that a centrist will beat Trump in 2020 but it will be a fair fight

I love when Republicans tell Democrats who they need to run.  With Republicans not repealing and replacing the ACA it leaves the door open for Democrats to run on a platform focusing heavily on improving healthcare costs like they successfully did at the midterms.  I expect arguments over health care and ways to increase wages for the middle class to dominate the debates.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Liawatha is the last person I'd like to see as POTUS, but what advantage did her claiming to be a Native American give her while registering for the Texas Bar?

Likely none. 

But it if she put it on this form, what are the odds she put it on her college applications? 

This is death by a thousand cuts for her campaign. 

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Liawatha is the last person I'd like to see as POTUS, but what advantage did her claiming to be a Native American give her while registering for the Texas Bar?

Um, just guessing here, but that would make her both female AND a minority which would definitely give her an edge when it comes to getting government work & also would be viewed favorably on many RFP's.  (Probably even a good thing for a lawyer.  Definitely would be beneficial in other areas either as a worker bee or a business owner.). Could see where somebody trying to qualify themselves a a WBE or a MBE would like to have a woman or a minority taking care of the paperwork for them.

26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Likely none. 

But it if she put it on this form, what are the odds she put it on her college applications? 

This is death by a thousand cuts for her campaign. 

And if she didn't get a tangible advantage for it with her bar registration, she had the intangible advantage of not raising any red flags as to why she'd claimed Native American status on other applications where she did gain advantage. 

• Like (+1) 1