Bills vs. Packers Post Game Thread

53 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Some absolutely blatant holding not called. Not that it really matters. The game wasn't close.

It could have been close if the offense looked like anything respectable...the D played well enough. Rodgers did not look great.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Bacchus44 said:

All of the above...and the o-line was pathetic in terms of pass protection and opening running lanes. They gave him ZERO help today.

Throw in the OC's inability to change/adjust schemes at halftime equaled Pettine owning this game and the Bills being blanked.

Nice.  Good day for a drive, I suppose.  

8 minutes ago, COTC said:

Once again a flat out embarrassing, shut out lose. 

From the owners down, I’d be concern. 3 out of 4. 

The D played pretty well. The offense struggled. Not surprising. Our line is terrible and we have no weapons. Nobody csn get any separation.

When Allen had some time late in the game he made good accurate throws. Its embarrassing how little they have given him to work with.  They should be ashamed of themselves honestly.

• Like (+1) 3

Not many flashes today to be honest.  Allen has to be better, starting against Tennessee.  He has to manage himself in the pocket better than this.  Rodgers would quickly flick the ball to his hot read when he saw the blitz coming.  Allen needs to learn to do that immediately 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Defense may actually be legit.  

Offensive gameplan and playcalling really needs to reflect the fact we have a rookie QB.  Allen was bad today but he wasn’t helped at all by Daboll.

Hopefully they all learn from today with 3 very winnable games coming up.  

Allen also wasn't helped by our line or WRs.

9 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

We also saw at the end when he had time he was able to make throws and the receivers actually caught it.

The play calling was suspect for most of the game. The team needed to make 3 yards on two attempts rushing it and couldn't get it done.  Allen didn't get much help from the rest of the offense as this was a rookie QB playing on a very bad offensive team. I have no doubt that most rational posters would agree with that. Perhaps even the irrational would agree too. 

That is true. When he had time. 

(In garbage time) 

dont make it out that I’m being over critical cuz I’m not 

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Not many flashes today to be honest.  Allen has to be better, starting against Tennessee.  He has to manage himself in the pocket better than this.  Rodgers would quickly flick the ball to his hot read when he saw the blitz coming.  Allen needs to learn to do that immediately 

Did he HAVE a hot read?

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

Allen can’t have any more games like that. That is not acceptable, even for a rookie. Hopefully he learns how to diagnose the blitz next week because it is going to keep on coming.

And if he can't I'd like to see more chips by the backs and TE's.  I mean a lot of it is on him and the OL.  But I just never understand why coordinators don't use chips when the OL and QB are struggling.

Just now, NewEraBills said:

And if he can't I'd like to see more chips by the backs and TE's.  I mean a lot of it is on him and the OL.  But I just never understand why coordinators don't use chips when the OL and QB are struggling.

Daboll wasn’t pretty bad today. Long developing routes don’t work well against Mike Pettine. You need lots of WR screens, hot routes, and max protections. If you play patient you can march the field easily.

12 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

We also saw at the end when he had time he was able to make throws and the receivers actually caught it.

The play calling was suspect for most of the game. The team needed to make 3 yards on two attempts rushing it and couldn't get it done.  Allen didn't get much help from the rest of the offense as this was a rookie QB playing on a very bad offensive team. I have no doubt that most rational posters would agree with that. Perhaps even the irrational would agree too. 

I think I fall under the irrational posters but couldn't agree more, and where is our ground game?

• Like (+1) 1

Not thrilled with Dabolls game plan. He did nothing to put Allen in a position to succeed. The few things that did work he abondoned immediately. He abandoned the run way too early. Josh had 2 horrible picks which I hope he will learn from. The O-line is atrocious and our WRs are high School level. Yeah the refs sucked but we were completely outcoached. Can't make up for that when you have little talent on O.

RTB

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeah he is going to be blitzed like crazy this season until he learns to handle it.

What I saw today was Josh Allen doing a Tyrod Taylor impression on a bunch of plays.  Seems like when he got some decent protection he held the ball too long and then turned into defensive linemen.  Threw a lot of inaccurate passes as well.  Not a good day for him.  But, it's only one game.

Just now, bobm said:

What I saw today was Josh Allen doing a Tyrod Taylor impression on a bunch of plays.  Seems like when he got some decent protection he held the ball too long and then turned into defensive linemen.  Threw a lot of inaccurate passes as well.  Not a good day for him.  But, it's only one game.

I'd love to see on the all-22 if Allen wasn't seeing open guys when he hung on too long or if everyone was just blanketed. The few times they zoomed out on replay I never saw anyone open but that was only a couple plays. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GG said:

Daboll called a good game for Allen's ability last week, and he threw it out the window this week.  Where were the screens to take pressure off?

I did not understand the playcalling at all.

And by "did not understand" I mean "thought it made no sense and sucked"

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That's the problem.

Their options are so terrible Allen needs to start. He's forced to play regardless of if he is ready to or not due to the options they have at the position. Just bad foresight by the front office.

It's almost as though they planned it this way.

In their defense....I don't think 'Zona planned on Rosen  nor Jets planned on Darnold starting so quickly.  Best laid plans and all that

Just now, joesixpack said:

I wish.

People here are THAT kind of special.

Instead of doing their job and earning their paycheck pulling weeds in the garden they choose to SMOKE weed and come here and spout off that Allen should be benched and the kid who threw almost 10 picks in 4 quarters is the future?