Jimmy G carted off with torn ACL

YoloinOhio

56 minutes ago, Rico said:

Quick, send them Peterman!

Lol I was thinking the same thing. 

Maybe a 4th gets it done hahahaha 

24 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

That sucks for them. Season over.

Their season was over before that injury. 

They aren’t quite ready to compete for the playoffs. I watch them as my west coast team and their roster is as ugly as ours talent wise. 

30 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

OBD please have J Allen see this game and hit. Though I loved J Allen's hurdle, we need him to know a season is worth more than a play. Jimmy G should have run out of bounds.

Situation dependent... I’m with you. 2nd Qtr of the 3rd game, just get down.

Late in the year, playoffs, sure... go make a play.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

It’s a tough crossroad in his career to deal with a season ender. Would’ve been huge to have a full season of development as a starter under his belt.

Well considering the Niners just gave him $74.1M guaranteed I'd say he got pretty lucky as far as timing is concerned. Definitely sucks for the guy.

2 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Sucks for him. 49rs and their fans.

At least he's got 75 MM guaranteed.

Or just what he said. 

3 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

How is non-contact less of an indictment than a contact ACL injury? I would say non-contact is more worrisome in terms of a players' durability.

"12 out of the 13 of NFL quarterbacks studied after ACL surgeries were able to resume playing at pre-injury levels."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/11/acl-injuries-sports-athletes-careers

There is zero documented relationship with contact or non-contact ACL tears and durability.  Marquise Goodwin has never torn his ACL.  But Jimmy G has a freak injury that we seen in all sports across the world, one that can be readily repaired through advances in orthopaedics, and THIS ACL bodes poorly for him?

Bizarre take from the uneducated.

• Like (+1) 1