Tanner Gentry is the exact WR Bills should sign

MAJBobby

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

So you can pick and choose your plays to make the stats back up your position - got it.  What about the ones that were dropped - are you adding those in?

I didn't pick and choose. Those were high-yardage plays that he threw poorly. Those plays both added numbers to his total More than any of his other throws. I'm as bullish on JA's prospects as anyone, but the rose coloured glasses are not to be worn.He's a talent that needs polishing.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so who assisted you in writing this valuable post anyway?....ScottLaw?.....SoTier?........maybe Dunkirk Don's 8th cousin?......yip yup......

I don’t understand the question. We have the worst WR group in football. We had the same situation last year. Obviously this team places no value on the position. The player in question is a street free agent with little or no chance to amount to anything in the league. Seems like the type of player Beane and Mcd would be interested in.

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I keep seeing this guy as a suggestion.  Why does anyone think he's NFl ready?

He's the Bears version of Brandon Reilly.   Not fast (ran a 4.58 40 at his pro day) but good hands and a try hard personality.    

Given the Bills WR depth, that might be good enough, actually...

• 2 months later...

Wanted to bump this up.

With the release of Holmes and Benjamin I would love to see him signed off of the Bears practice squad.  I know we have a few Wyoming fans here that could speak on him but when I watched Allen highlights from College a lot of the throws were to Gentry.  He also played very well for them this preseason (16 catches for 144 and a td).

How about it Beane? 

On 9/18/2018 at 10:52 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Right now they should sign Gentry, Spencer Drango, Vince Biegel (to replace Deon Lacy), and Bashaud Breeland. Gentry and Biegel are on practice squads and Drango and Breeland are free to sign.  

Probably should sign Matt Moore too. That should all shake things up. 

Matt Moore? No thanks 

This idea has kicked around awhile and I say I'm keen on it.  Think how many times Gentry caught an Allen throw in their time together.  His hands are probably trained to do it.  He is used to the power and he probably knows not to quit on his routes and where to be on a scramble.  Get him on the active roster and see if there is any chemistry there to exploit at this level.  Logically there must be something there to justify the experiment.  Gentry is 6'2' 200+ so he is not small.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I've been begging for them to sign Gentry off the Bears p-squad and Daurice Fountain off the Colts. Fountain was an absolute terror in the East West game and it is dumb that he is sitting on a practice squad and not on an active roster. 

....can we afford to poach him?.....

Year Age Base Salary (Guaranteed) Bonuses Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension
Prorated Roster Workout Other
Total   $129,200 $0 $0 $0 $0 $129,200
2018 24 $129,200 $0 $0 $0 $0 $129,200 0.1%  
$0
$0
$0
$0
$0
$0
$129,200
$129,200
$129,200
$129,200
$0
($280,640)

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I've been begging for them to sign Gentry off the Bears p-squad and Daurice Fountain off the Colts. Fountain was an absolute terror in the East West game and it is dumb that he is sitting on a practice squad and not on an active roster. 

Yep. I would love to see them pick up one of these guys. Fountain would be my first choice. It seems to me that they do not intend to add a new WR though.

• Like (+1) 1