MNF: jets vs lions

Steptide

As good as Darnold and his supporting cast have looked, I'm far more concerned about the Jets defense. They were good last year and have only gotten better it seems. Fast, tough, and relentless from snap to whistle, play after play after play. We better be ready to strap it when we play them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

QBs mature at different rates.  

What we really need to be asking ourselves is "Do WE have a franchise QB"

because maybe Darnold IS a franchise QB.....but that does not really matter now does it...it matters whether or not JOSH ALLEN is a legit starter for our team.....because that is what has held OUR team down...you know?

We need to solve our QB situation....then refill the coffers of playmakers around him.

Very true

2 minutes ago, Acantha said:

Wow. Misery loves company, I guess. If there's ANY silver lining to the Bills loss, at least it wasn't a home game on national television.

Oh, don’t worry. The Bills have absolutely mastered the National TV blowout embarrassment already. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

My father went to RPI, but I don’t recommend he coach an NFL Team. He’s getting up there in years.

I went to RPI.  Great school.  But not exactly a football powerhouse (or hockey, for that matter...).

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s fine to be sure, but the reason for resentment is that the rest of the Bills roster is so far from even a team like the Jets that it will be hard to judge. Darnold may be better than Allen when all is said and done, but do you not think Darnold would likely look terrible if he were playing with the Bills offense? Not Nate Peterman bad, but he’d be struggling. That’s the worst part of this. I’m more impressed with the rest of the Jets than I am with Darnold. The Bills are a joke in every area compared to them. 

I get your point, but just because Darnold has a better supporting cast is no reason to diminish his performance. But I'm most impressed with how he rebounded after embarrassing himself on the opening play. Mental toughness is a key component to QB play. 

Just now, K-9 said:

I get your point, but just because Darnold has a better supporting cast is no reason to diminish his performance. But I'm most impressed with how he rebounded after embarrassing himself on the opening play. Mental toughness is a key component to QB play. 

Yep. And McD was harping on just that when saying how far Nate had come. ;)

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

My dad tells me they won the national championship in hockey when he went there in the 1950s. Yes?

Yup... and in 1985 as well.  Had Adam Oates.

The program is unfortunately a shell of what it once was.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It’s also a key component for the other 52 guys. Seriously , even if Allen kept fighting and bounced back after that half the Bills would have imploded. 

Just now, Lurker said:

Nate's mentally tough.  He just has a hamster arm attached to his shoulder...

I don't know about his mental toughness. He looked like he would rather have been anywhere else yesterday on that sideline. I wondered how he was commanding the huddle carrying himself that way. 

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Damn...I really want the #1 pick but it looks like we will have competition 

WE'RE #2! WE'RE #2!  No, literally...

Also, did the MNF guy just say he had no clue what New Jack City is!?  What kind of world to we live in?

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:
hyperbole, my four legged friend. Though, if both teams sucked equally, the tie breaker is who scored less points. 

Better factor in then fact that the Lions are at home with and established "good" (according to some) QB.

Edited by Heitz