WR Will be Toughest Position to Fix

BuffaloBaumer

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yesterday’s travesty has me more worried about bad defense. This was the year that supposedly got fixed. (??) Next year, the offense..

For as horrible as NP. WR’s & OL are, none of them gave up 47 points..

The D had no help out there spending the entire 1st half on the field. The offence didnt have a sustained drive until the 3rd quarter. The fact that the D gave up under 30 points in that 1st half is a good thing cause it could have been much worse with 0 offensive production.

But same with the oline, they looked much worse because they were one dimensional because the Ravens just stacked the box to defend the run knowing that the QB is not a threat in the air and the WRs couldnt catch colds

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Dante said:

Diggs, Cooks, Golden Tate FA's next year among other more 2nd tier guys.

30 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Then set about improving everything else around it. A flanker type back that is a good receiver, a TE, and obviously the Oline.

Cooks also received a major deal carrying him through 2023

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

It is likely that Buffalo will get either Bosa, Oliver or Little with a top 3 pick. If they pick Little, they can overpay for a guard in free agency and that should be a good start for the line. Would they then move Dawkins to the right side or does that not make sense? If they pick Bosa or Oliver, it would transform the D instantly. They can then add a DB and guard in FA as well. 

The one thing they will not do is draft a WR with 1st pick. There is no way that a true #1 receiver will be available in FA so how are they going to fix this position? Benjamin is surely gone after this year and then there is a pile of garbage that remains on the roster. 

Why does the WR need to be a first round pick?  Many of the best WR's in the NFL now and in the past weren't first round picks.

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Many were also first round picks 

But MORE were not.  Although to be fair, it is one round of players versus 6 other rounds and UDFA's, so many more chances outside the first.  My only point is, fixing the WR position is not just about a first round pick and that rosters are built by drafting well OUTSIDE the first round, not just the first round.

Edited by Alphadawg7

everyone complains about the bills ability to draft/train/produce a good qb..but when was the last time the bills actually drafted/produced  a good wr.    When was the last time the bills had a star WR  that they actually drafted?   

Edited by Comebackkid

12 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

everyone complains about the bills ability to draft/train/produce a good qb..but when was the last time the bills actually drafted/produced  a good wr.    When was the last time the bills had a star WR  that they actually drafted?   

Do decoys count?

10 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

It is likely that Buffalo will get either Bosa, Oliver or Little with a top 3 pick. If they pick Little, they can overpay for a guard in free agency and that should be a good start for the line. Would they then move Dawkins to the right side or does that not make sense? If they pick Bosa or Oliver, it would transform the D instantly. They can then add a DB and guard in FA as well. 

The one thing they will not do is draft a WR with 1st pick. There is no way that a true #1 receiver will be available in FA so how are they going to fix this position? Benjamin is surely gone after this year and then there is a pile of garbage that remains on the roster. 

The Rams had no problem figuring it out.

The Ravens seemed to have addressed it as well.  

From WRs I couldn't even name to Crabtree and John Brown. 

Go best DE at 1.  From there I'd prioritize the oline then just pick a hole any hole to fill.  We'll be very active in FA.  

Defenses are easier to turn around.  Olines need to develop.  I see only one guy in this group being a starter next year plus maybe Teller.  That is horrendous.  

No one looks forward to drafts like Buffalo fans.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Go best DE at 1.  From there I'd prioritize the oline then just pick a hole any hole to fill.  We'll be very active in FA.  

Defenses are easier to turn around.  Olines need to develop.  I see only one guy in this group being a starter next year plus maybe Teller.  That is horrendous.  

Dawkins & Teller are the only two that should be back next season we need 4 new starters what lineman are fa?

27 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I've always said that way, I can imagine a different team.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Get the best college TE. We should have drafted Mark Andrews. Also a good TE is a QBs best friend, especially a young one and we haven't had a great TE sense Metzelars

11 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

A Great QB throws his WRs open.

Also, were was that NE short slant that allows the ball to come out immediately.

Not a Peterman excuse post but Nate could have hit those. Allen is going to need to have a relief option frequently which I didn’t see yesterday.

we cut Proehl, so we lost our Welker 

Still say we should bring back O'Leary, at least he can catch.

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Not understanding why we dont use our rb's more as receivers

Not understanding why we dont put extra TE's on the field

we just don't have the talent nor the line to give the QBs time.

While I agree it is the hardest to fix...I think if Allen starts the rest of the way we will see that jones and kerley are serviceable.  Allen wint be afraid to throw the ball in tight windows like we have had for last 3 years including peterman.  Ya. They dont get a ton of separation but a good passer passes them open.