Bills will beat Chargers

Dadonkadonk

I can picture a game like 2 deep passes that are TDs (or lead directly to TDs), with some erattic possessions in between, and maybe a score off a turnover deep in Charger territory.

They could win the game this way, but might lose by a score or 2.

Edited by OJ Tom

1 hour ago, OJ Tom said:

Ok.what does that actually mean, here in week one, when half the league is 0-1?

To me, a team’s record goes beyond the win or loss...it’s the metrics they put up in the game.  (I’m pretty known as a stats geek here)

The Bills were atrocious today in a number of key metrics....first downs achieved, first downs given up, third downs converted, third down conversions allowed.

Turnover differential.  Sacks.  Passing yards.

It all was not just bad, but so atrociously bad that the Bills are already well at the back of the league.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

As bad as they looked today, the Bills will win next week.  Chargers are not that good. Bosa will not be 100% if he even plays.  West coast team playing early game on the East coast. Take it to the bank.  Allen will start and be ok.  Shady will have a monster game as will Clay/Croom.  

Bills win 24-13

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

The Chargers were certainly susceptible to the deep ball today, so that bodes well if Allen is playing*.   Defensive would need to step it up but I can see that group playing much better.

Unlikely, but not impossible.

* Presumably Peterman has PTSD anyway when it comes to the Chargers.

Allen will start

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Seems impossible that Josh Allen will outplay Phillip Rivers and his supporting cast.

It could be another very lopsided loss. The Chargers offense is much better than the Ravens O. 

100% this can the Bills defense step up to keep the team in the game and the offense a chance. I need to see a more physical team that I haven’t seen other than the Jacksonville playoff loss last year.

I think the Chargers offense will be too much for the Bills to handle but hoping we can get Shady going on offense. He needs a great game for us to have a chance.

After that performance you have to see the Bills as underdogs going into any game against any opponent. Doesn't mean they can't win, but there isn't really a way to rationally explain why they should.

I think McDermott will right the ship, but it may take a few weeks. These are the tough games we we're most likely losing anyways, so maybe when we get to the easier part of the schedule things will be looking up.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I could see it.  Reminds me of the game against Arizona a couple years ago.  The ravens defense dominated us week 1 and we played the cardinals at home the following week and crushed them.  

Maybe a better gameplan and being a home home opener will provide us with the juice we need.  

You're actually a little off - They played the Jets the next game at home and lost. Then they won 4 in a row, starting with that Cardinals game. 

1 minute ago, MJS said:

After that performance you have to see the Bills as underdogs going into any game against any opponent. Doesn't mean they can't win, but there isn't really a way to rationally explain why they should.

I think McDermott will right the ship, but it may take a few weeks. These are the tough games we we're most likely losing anyways, so maybe when we get to the easier part of the schedule things will be looking up.

How does he do that on offense with a horrid OL and no dangerous weapons outside of McCoy? 

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

You're actually a little off - They played the Jets the next game at home and lost. Then they won 4 in a row, starting with that Cardinals game. 

Copy that.  I just remember losing a lot of money on that game.  Lol

We've been through this just yesterday about how the Ravens suck and the Bills will walk out with a victory.  Look, we are not going to win.  Nathan Peterman will start and Josh Allen will come in and get his experience once the game is out of reach.  The Chargers lost yesterday because they couldn't defend a very complicated to defend Chiefs offense plus dropped TD's by Williams and Benjamin.  They will score and they have enough to put the stop to a Bills offense that has NO identity yet.

13 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

As bad as they looked today, the Bills will win next week.  Chargers are not that good. Bosa will not be 100% if he even plays.  West coast team playing early game on the East coast. Take it to the bank.  Allen will start and be ok.  Shady will have a monster game as will Clay/Croom.  

Bills win 24-13

really tired of reading this...has no effect on the team traveling

13 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Bills win 24-13

This is just the kind of post that makes me wonder why TBD regulars roasted Sully so often.  At least Sully had some factual basis for his comments.  This is just dreck.

14 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Bills win 24-13

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what makes you think they can score 24 points in 1 game? That offense could possibly be the worst offense the bills have ever put on the field

• Like (+1) 1

This Sunday should be interesting. I thought we could play with the Ravens yesterday. To be beaten so badly gives you NO hope. The Ravens destroyed us in every aspect of the game. Here comes a better team the LA Chargers ?. We may lose by 59 to these guys? I only have to look at the Bills of two years ago when they lost the first two weeks to the Ravens & Jets ( Thursday night Home game). And here come the Super Bowl level Arizona Cardinals to give our beloved Bills another beat down. ? Bills didn’t get the memo and hammer ? Cardinals and send them home. Can this happen Sunday? Start the Kid and let’s see what we got. 

8 hours ago, billieve420 said:

100% this can the Bills defense step up to keep the team in the game and the offense a chance. I need to see a more physical team that I haven’t seen other than the Jacksonville playoff loss last year.

I think the Chargers offense will be too much for the Bills to handle but hoping we can get Shady going on offense. He needs a great game for us to have a chance.

We can't rush the passer and we can't cover on the back end. 

The Chargers have a great QB and are loaded at WR. It seems like a really bad match up for our defense who just got shredded by a pretty average Ravens offense.