This is what happens when you name a starter 6 days prior

Steptide

We were putrid today all around no doubt. However this offense looked like it had zero chemistry. Imo they took way to long to pick a qb to start. Yes Peterman was awful, and going forward Allen should start, but I wouldn't expect a huge jump starting Allen. This team needs chemistry and it takes time 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

We were putrid today all around no doubt. However this offense looked like it had zero chemistry. Imo they took way to long to pick a qb to start. Yes Peterman was awful, and going forward Allen should start, but I wouldn't expect a huge jump starting Allen. This team needs chemistry and it takes time 

Frankly that has little to do with it. We have a talent deficit at almost every position group on offense. Bad players together for a long time don’t suddenly become good. 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

This team needs more than chemistry. It needs NFL caliber players. It is currently gutted. 

Just now, Steptide said:

I would have said it's what happens when the coaches fall in love with a Whiteboard Wizard who looked great in preseason at QB but who has minimal experience diagnosing and reacting to defenses at regular-season game speed, then put him in to play behind a poor OL who continually put us in the hole with penalties and have him throw to mediocre WR who have trouble catching under adverse conditions.

But maybe that's just me

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Peterman didn't get much help. There is no doubt about it. But to me, there were four or more reasons why he should not be playing and all of them were very evident today. The weak arm is obvious. But he doesn't throw well over the middle. He doesn't handle a pass rush well. His lack of being able to beat you down the field kills the run game. He also panics. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This is what happens when you name a BU at best 5th round pick that has done NOTHING in this league the starter. 

Should have named the Allen starter 

Anyone who did not see this as inevitable was not being honest with themselves or anyone else here.  

McD prevented Peterman from facing any D pressure the entire preseason in order to sell his increasingly bizarre fixation on NP as the starter.  

It was pointed out over and over that NP "looked great" in preseason because he had an extremely easy run playing nearly exclusively against guys who weren't on any roster today.

I've been behind McD as the first legit HC here by the Bills since Marv retired.  But it really is starting to look like he may not be that bright....that maybe all he is is a wind up bromide spouting empty head.  

• Like (+1) 1