Who will be more ready for 2019 ? Josh Allen or Sam Darnold?

That's kind of an impossible question. I mean if you mean who would be more ready if Darnold starts all season and Allen sits all season then Darnold obviously. I mean if you mean who literally will after this season then it's hard to know. I really doubt Allen sits all season and depending on when he starts he could easily catch up other than that it just depend on which one picks it up quicker.

Edited by Warcodered

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Allen and Darnold are in the petrie dish to allow us to see what prepares a QB better for the future, carrying a clipboard, or playing NFL Games.  Who do you think will be more prepared to play QB in 2019> 

One has nothing to do with the other. They are individual players with individual strengths and weaknesses. Also, there isnt any way to know if Darnold sat if he would be better off than what he would be if he played. It's not even comparing apples to oranges. It's more like comparing apples to light fixtures.

12 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

One has nothing to do with the other. They are individual players with individual strengths and weaknesses. Also, there isnt any way to know if Darnold sat if he would be better off than what he would be if he played. It's not even comparing apples to oranges. It's more like comparing apples to light fixtures.

Its clear you don't have an answer. This is fine. Don't waste everyone's times with posts that just tell us "I don't know"

I think it goes with out saying they both have to learn decision making.  They can both throw but I have serious doubts about the team around any QB in Buffalo.  If the O-line can't pass protect and the first time KB comes up lame we have 0 legitimate receivers it's going to be very hard for any QB to learn anything getting pummeled and watching the ball drop off his receivers hands.  Nothing I would love more than Zay to develop and Groy and Miller to prove better than expected but even then the talent on offense is so thin we are always one or two injuries away from toothless.  I actually think more about the Rosen comparison because ultimately I feel that is where we should have went and still had the extra pick to work on the O-line.  I have no problem with Allen.  I just question whether this team will be able to develop him.

Who knows about next year.  Darnold beat out two pretty decent options and our coaching staff didn't feel Allen was ready.  It appears they as a team are more ready to let their rookie play.    I have to think the Bills made the decision to protect Allen and go with what will be the worst QB in the league.  

12 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Who knows about next year.  Darnold beat out two pretty decent options and our coaching staff didn't feel Allen was ready.  It appears they as a team are more ready to let their rookie play.    I have to think the Bills made the decision to protect Allen and go with what will be the worst QB in the league.  

This notion this isnt true.  This whole protect Allen thing.  If Allen had come out in the third preseason game and lit it up with the starters(yes the o line was ****)...and looked like a starting QB he would be starting.  Peterman beat him out its that easy.  I would have no problem with Allen starting and maybe he should be but can you honestly say he beat out Peterman for the job?  And if Allen couldnt clearly beat out the "worst QB" in the league as you say what does that say about Allen?

Edited by Skins Malone

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Allen and Darnold are in the petrie dish to allow us to see what prepares a QB better for the future, carrying a clipboard, or playing NFL Games.  Who do you think will be more prepared to play QB in 2019> 

Depends on if one gets more beat up than the other.

15 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

This notion this isnt true.  This whole protect Allen thing.  If Allen had come out in the third preseason game and lit it up with the starters...and looked like a starting QB he would be starting.  Peterman beat him out its that easy.  I would have no problem with Allen starting and maybe he should be but can you honestly say he beat out Peterman for the job?  

Maybe, maybe not. We don’t know how NP would have performed had he started ps game 3 vs CIN starting defense. I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if he struggled. It was by the best D front the Bills faced and the only ps game where some gameplanning is done. It was the best indication to the coaches that their starting OL is worse than they thought . Anyway, I wouldn’t discount the Bills brass thinking about just what they’d be putting Allen up against. The line likely can’t protect him right now while he learns and the game slows down for him. If last years OL had returned intact, it’s likely that Allen’s performances look more even. The coaches then feel better about starting Allen. Unless NP shows he’s an elite franchise QB, he’s just holding the fort down while the Bills sort out their OL issues and bring Allen up to speed. 

As for the OPs question, if Darnold and Allen each start a minimum of ten games this season it will be about even. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe, maybe not. We don’t know how NP would have performed had he started ps game 3 vs CIN starting defense. I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if he struggled. It was by the best D front the Bills faced and the only ps game where some gameplanning is done. It was the best indication to the coaches that their starting OL is worse than they thought . Anyway, I wouldn’t discount the Bills brass thinking about just what they’d be putting Allen up against. The line likely can’t protect him right now while he learns and the game slows down for him. If last years OL had returned intact, it’s likely that Allen’s performances look more even. The coaches then feel better about starting Allen. Unless NP shows he’s an elite franchise QB, he’s just holding the fort down while the Bills sort out their OL issues and bring Allen up to speed. 

I do agree because it was somewhat close that may have factored in.  All im saying is if Allen was by far the better QB he would be starting.  A HC cant go into a locker room and basically say "this guy is obviously the better QB but we want to protect for a year..sry guys you are going out there with a scrub" Peterman was just more consistent.  And you are right peterman could have looked even worse behind that o line.  My point some people talk like this is just all about protecting Allen.  Thats obsurd.  If he no doubt outplayed peterman he would be starting.  

Edited by Skins Malone

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Its clear you don't have an answer. This is fine. Don't waste everyone's times with posts that just tell us "I don't know"

Its clear there is no,definitive answer. Different scenarios play out differently for different players. Rodgers benefited sitting. Peyton benefited playing. No way of,telling if they would be better with roles reversed. No need to be snide in your response. 

• Like (+1) 1