Who will be more ready for 2019 ? Josh Allen or Sam Darnold?

9 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I've always thought Darnold was the best qb by far so......if that is the case, how can you determine if it's experience or not.

My personal opinion is that the best QB of the two of them, will turn out to be the best QB, regardless of whether or not the coaching staff sits them or starts them.  It will just take longer for someone who does not get to play.  It wont change the final outcome. 

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So your saying Darnold is more likely to get hurt than Allen because of his questionable cast?

I might not of been paying attention but was the Jets' O-line also really terrible this preseason?

No.  I'm saying that more mentally.  Throw a guy in with big expectations and a terrible supporting cast and sometimes you get matt Stafford.  Other times you get Joey Harrington.  Mentally Allen wont ge broken with our approach at least. 

23 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Allen and Darnold are in the petrie dish to allow us to see what prepares a QB better for the future, carrying a clipboard, or playing NFL Games.  Who do you think will be more prepared to play QB in 2019> 

....me thinks BOTH of these youngsters will be "prepared", knowing the opportunity before them......"performance" will depend on supporting cast of players, coaching and play calling......initially I'd say McD>Bowles and Daboll> Bates........take it from there..............

On 9/3/2018 at 6:20 PM, PlayoffsPlease said:

Allen and Darnold are in the petrie dish to allow us to see what prepares a QB better for the future, carrying a clipboard, or playing NFL Games.  Who do you think will be more prepared to play QB in 2019> 

I am one to think that unless a QB is in a somewhat decent situation talent wise (in terms of surrounding offensive talent) and has a fairly pro-ready skill set (while displaying that skill set in training camp and pre-season) then they should at least sit the first part of their rookie season if not all of their rookie season. 

I think it is hard enough to learn a pro-system, how to handle a pro-locker room and how to handle the things that come with being a pro-QB while holding a clipboard. I can't imagine the learning curve that comes with actually trying to be a starting QB. So unless you have a QB who is under ideal conditions starting right out the gate seems to me to be a bad idea. 

I think with Allen the best bet is to play him 7-9 games into the season, feed Peterman to the wolves against the better defenses and see what he can do. Then if the season is lost throw Allen in there and see what happens. 

I just think it is interesting that the narrative has changed as we now have the season upon us

Darnold was always known to be the more polished QB.....it is not a suprise that he starts first.....Josh Rosen falls in that boat for that matter

Allen was always the guy with the most upside but the most raw.....the guy that really needed to hold a clipboard for a while.....then Allen goes into training camp and starts flashing his talent and all of a sudden it is supposed to change the original narrative.

Things are happening exactly as they should be.....the two suprises out of this is a.  Peterman has progressed from last year and b.  Allen wasnt a total car wreck of a QB in his first off season....far from it.

8 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

No.  I'm saying that more mentally.  Throw a guy in with big expectations and a terrible supporting cast and sometimes you get matt Stafford.  Other times you get Joey Harrington.  Mentally Allen wont ge broken with our approach at least. 

Or maybe Harrington was never really that great mentally. 

On 9/3/2018 at 6:20 PM, PlayoffsPlease said:

Considering the respective coaching staffs as a tiebreaker, I will go with Allen.

Considering the coaching staffs I'd suspect they are both in trouble.  McD's vs Bowles and Daboll vs Bates is like 4 blind men trying to nail jello to a tree.  Not one of them has a track record that suggests they can put an offense on the field that can score over 23 ppg.  As much as everyone thought drafting that "franchise" QB would mean 300 yard passing games and the next coming of the air coryell I'd honestly be happy to see us be able to line up and run for 140 ypg and score 18 TD's on the ground ala Jacksonville last year.