Breshad Perriman to visit Bills

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Those were some great plays. When I saw the title I thought it was going to be about a 15 second clip. It was over two minutes. I thought maybe I was missing something in him. Then I watched and it was five great plays in two years. Hmmmm...

I feel like he’s been hurt the entire time. 

Honestly want him to sign so we can get that playbook for week 1 (page right out of the Pats' book). 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I definitely agree that Foster’s spot is not safe  and he’s only there because of his speed,  but that he will be replaced if they feel they can find an upgrade and will keep looking to find one. 

Foster is safe. This front office values familiarity and being boys' with their players - ask Mikey Tolbert. He got a full season with guys like Cadet and Murphy on the roster. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like he’s been hurt the entire time. 

Me too Yolo. You remember the injuries? Anything to be concerned going forward. 

3 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Honestly want him to sign so we can get that playbook for week 1 (page right out of the Pats' book). 

Foster is safe. This front office values familiarity and being boys' with their players - ask Mikey Tolbert. He got a full season with guys like Cadet and Murphy on the roster. 

Unfortunately I believe you’re right. 

1 minute ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Me too Yolo. You remember the injuries? Anything to be concerned going forward. 

Unfortunately I believe you’re right. 

There are countless examples. Pat DiMarco contributes ZERO to this team, but he's still around and from the Bills embedded, pretty clear Sean loves him. The endless Panther talent carousel when there are better options - why did we overpay so much for Star, don't really recall there being a huge market for him. Trading for KB when this offseason had so many younger, more talented FA WR that could have been locked up (he's going to be looking for similar money this offseason). And now we have Nathan Peterman, the Pitt alumni, who is getting his 4th chance to prove something on field. I'm not saying he didn't earn the chance to start, but I'm envious of the Jets right now. The Darnold era has begun and I'm afraid they are going to Mike Tolbert this one and give NP the whole year. 

20 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

There are countless examples. Pat DiMarco contributes ZERO to this team, but he's still around and from the Bills embedded, pretty clear Sean loves him. The endless Panther talent carousel when there are better options - why did we overpay so much for Star, don't really recall there being a huge market for him. Trading for KB when this offseason had so many younger, more talented FA WR that could have been locked up (he's going to be looking for similar money this offseason). And now we have Nathan Peterman, the Pitt alumni, who is getting his 4th chance to prove something on field. I'm not saying he didn't earn the chance to start, but I'm envious of the Jets right now. The Darnold era has begun and I'm afraid they are going to Mike Tolbert this one and give NP the whole year. 

You seem to be looking at this from a very face value perspective.   First, the assertion Pat DiMarco contributes ZERO to the team is flat wrong.  He played 25% of the offensive snaps last year, including another 38% of the snaps on ST.   Beyond that, the FO brings in guys they know can help build a culture and set an expectation for the young guys.  If you dont have a mix of those type of guys, you are essentially returning the team to where it was under Whaley.  Those teams had boat loads of talent with no real direction.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I imagine they are mainly looking at him because they play the Ravens. Could be wrong though. Interesting that both the Giants and Bills want to work him out - Beane and Gettleman must have together  thought highly of him in his draft process while in Carolina?

I am surprised I hadn't seen the Ravens game week angle brought up with BP's work out earlier. Either way the staff can pick his brain on the Week 1 game plan on how Balt's offense is planning on attacking the defense. Only costs them an air plane ticket if it isn't a fit.

I am not saying Perriman isn't worth a flier if his work out shows something. Before his injuries he was a 1st Rd pick, has speed to stretch the field (for Allen eventually) and the Raven's have stuck with him for years thus must have seen something. Switching out Foster for him, especially with Foster PS eligible, could be a sly move if Perriman could capitalize on his potential. At least the team is looking at potential upgrades.   

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Those were some great plays. When I saw the title I thought it was going to be about a 15 second clip. It was over two minutes. I thought maybe I was missing something in him. Then I watched and it was five great plays in two years. Hmmmm...

Legitimate question. Who on our entire offense right now (aside from McCoy) has made 5 great plays in the last 2 years? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Legitimate question. Who on our entire offense right now (aside from McCoy) has made 5 great plays in the last 2 years? 

Benjamin, if you count Carolina. But it's a good question. Maybe Clay. And considering that the front office, for good or bad, got rid of all our playmakers outside of Ahoy McCoy! I'm not sure it is fair. 

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I laughed....but unfortunately, this is a fair point. And, I think it highlights what's happening regarding OBD. They want guys who love the process and who are talented enough to make plays, but rarely do those two meet. IMHO they're doing their diligence to see if Perriman can be one of those guys; one who maybe was buried amidst other players but needed some real coaching, direction and a different culture to succeed. Aside from Perriman, I really like Orchard being brought in as well. Hopefully both stay and become an integral part of the team's new direction. 

Also, on an somewhat unrelated note: why Offensive linemen thus far on the visit schedule? All things considered, I would think that would pique some interest from OBD. Easy folks....I trust the process, I'm just asking....

13 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Charles Clay has had more than 5 catches of 30+ yards the last two years.  He's a really underused weapon.  This is with a QB who couldn't find him with a GPS.

But to your point, I don't understand the crazy reaction to Perriman.  If Ray Ray is hurt enough to go on short-term IR, I would add him.

Edited by JoeF

9 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Charles Clay has had more than 5 catches of 30+ yards the last two years.  He's a really underused weapon.  This is with a QB who couldn't find him with a GPS.

But to your point, I don't understand the crazy reaction to Perriman.  If Ray Ray is hurt enough to go on short-term IR, I would add him.

Hes had some long plays, but I can't remember what the circumstances were.

The Perriman plays in the video show some ability to get the contested ball. The first 2 plays on the video wer made on DRC and (at the time) our own Gilmore. Both in excellent spots defensively, and he came down with the ball. Very skeptical that Perriman would have a completely new career here, but thats promising at least,

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I imagine they are mainly looking at him because they play the Ravens. Could be wrong though. Interesting that both the Giants and Bills want to work him out - Beane and Gettleman must have together  thought highly of him in his draft process while in Carolina?

They had to have scouted him well. He was picked one pick after the Panthers took Shaq Thompson. I would figure they would have done a good amount of scouting on all the guys projected near them.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

You seem to be looking at this from a very face value perspective.   First, the assertion Pat DiMarco contributes ZERO to the team is flat wrong.  He played 25% of the offensive snaps last year, including another 38% of the snaps on ST.   Beyond that, the FO brings in guys they know can help build a culture and set an expectation for the young guys.  If you dont have a mix of those type of guys, you are essentially returning the team to where it was under Whaley.  Those teams had boat loads of talent with no real direction.   

See the issue here is you can have guys that fit the culture AND are actual contributers to the team. He's a FB. 95% of the league does not even have one and he is one half of our captains; a guy who plays on 1/4 of our plays...Can't a coach who doesn't take a roster spot do his job? Wouldn't it be nice to have an extra OL or WR? We're constantly at the bottom in offense and the biggest highlight this guy has for us is bouncing a pass off his chest to the other team for 6 points. Good culture!

Also, all that the Whaley teams were missing was a coaching staff worth something, which by the way, was a decision Tim and Kim botched. Not Whaley. 

Edited by Elite Poster

35 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

See the issue here is you can have guys that fit the culture AND are actual contributers to the team. He's a FB. 95% of the league does not even have one and he is one half of our captains; a guy who plays on 1/4 of our plays...Can't a coach who doesn't take a roster spot do his job? Wouldn't it be nice to have an extra OL or WR? We're constantly at the bottom in offense and the biggest highlight this guy has for us is bouncing a pass off his chest to the other team for 6 points. Good culture!

Also, all that the Whaley teams were missing was a coaching staff worth something, which by the way, was a decision Tim and Kim botched. Not Whaley. 

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I thought they were looking at him just to piss off Sky Diver.  ?

: )

I could see them working on this one and honestly make him and offer and see if he comes back.

This is not Corey Coleman at all.

as long as they can push a Reciever to PS and feel sure about keeping him. Injuries are Perrimans plague.

2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Daboll likes FBs and McBeanes QB need max protection Offense on any and perhaps every Pass play  right about now  ..

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I enjoy posts that are funny or amusing. Do you know where I can find some?

Maybe look up the Alabama schedule, because it's a joke.  It's on Google.  

Arkansas State gets a chuckle, La-Lafayette keeps it hilarious and they're rolling in the aisles when Citadel is the encore.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Maybe look up the Alabama schedule, because it's a joke.  It's on Google.  

Arkansas State gets a chuckle, La-Lafayette keeps it hilarious and they're rolling in the aisles when Citadel is the encore.

I’ll have the last laugh when Alabama wins another National Championship. 

I know Alabama has a great team, but do we really need to discuss them in every thread?

17 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I’ll have the last laugh when Alabama wins another National Championship. 

I know Alabama has a great team, but do we really need to discuss them in every thread?

This thread started out being about Perriman but you felt the need to jump in and defend Dropsie McGee.  You wouldn't do that if he played college ball at Auburn.

And good news!!!!!!  The committee has awarded a playoff spot to Bama in 2019, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 25.  It's a shame they'll be required to earn it in 24.

Baltimore fan here - you guys have dodged a bullet! Perriman's nickname around these parts is "The Ghost", for how he disappeared during training camp, how balls slipped through his hands, and how yet another 1st round WR pick haunts Ozzie. We love Ozzie, but he can't draft a WR to save his soul (Two more examples: Travis Taylor, hands like Roberto Duran's, or Clayton Moore, who never got over serious mental health problems.) Save management and ownership the price of a veteran minimum paycheck, and walk away. Let the hoodie waste his time with this one.

Good luck to y'all on Sunday - hope your OL is in good shape, because the Ravens pass rush is looking better than it has in many years....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

Confused about what not wanting to sign Perriman has to do with Foster or Alabama’s schedule. Care to explain the illogic?

1.  If we did sign Perriman do you think we would cut Benjamin?  It would be Foster.

2. Alabama's schedule came into play when you asked about where you should look for jokes.  I answered a question that you wrote.

55 minutes ago, ffeineandsugar said:

Baltimore fan here - you guys have dodged a bullet! Perriman's nickname around these parts is "The Ghost", for how he disappeared during training camp, how balls slipped through his hands, and how yet another 1st round WR pick haunts Ozzie. We love Ozzie, but he can't draft a WR to save his soul (Two more examples: Travis Taylor, hands like Roberto Duran's, or Clayton Moore, who never got over serious mental health problems.) Save management and ownership the price of a veteran minimum paycheck, and walk away. Let the hoodie waste his time with this one.

Good luck to y'all on Sunday - hope your OL is in good shape, because the Ravens pass rush is looking better than it has in many years....

Thanks. Our O-line is the worst in the league and they are working every day to become historically bad. Should make for a fun Sunday afternoon. 

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

1.  If we did sign Perriman do you think we would cut Benjamin?  It would be Foster.

2. Alabama's schedule came into play when you asked about where you should look for jokes.  I answered a question that you wrote.

If they had to cut someone to get to 53 I don’t know who it would be.

Of all the things to make a joke about, the best you could come up with was Alabama’s schedule?

I don’t know if you aspire to be a comedian or not, but if you do, don’t quit your day job.