McCarron Traded!

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

And yet overall it's not even one of the top 100 colleges in the USA for academics.

You'd think they'd have gotten it right being around so long.

You should inform NASA about your concerns regarding the academics at Alabama. They just made a UA engineering grad the acting director at the Marshall Space Flight Center. Maybe you can organize a protest.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/news/news/releases/2018/18-030.html

Edited by Sky Diver

41 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I will be excited.

My buddy and I just had this discussion while working on his roof/chimney this morning.

His exact words:

"I don't want to see Allen play a single snap this season behind that sad excuse for an offensive line. He's going to get killed. Sacrifice the other two losers"

This would be a complete waste and the Bills rebuild will be into year 2 of Allen before he’s had any chance to improve. The OL is a problem, though they are capable of improving as they play together. They’ve played together very little , and cohesion is important on the line. Allen must be given at least 8 games as the starter this season. The only exception to this is if Peterman plays like a franchise QB. That is extremely unlikely. 

23 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

You should inform NASA about your concerns regarding the academics at Alabama. They just made a UA engineering grad the acting director at the Marshall Space Flight Center.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/news/news/releases/2018/18-030.html

You should inform Alabama of your love for them.

You are like a broken record.

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This would be a complete waste and the Bills rebuild will be into year 2 of Allen before he’s had any chance to improve. The OL is a problem, though they are capable of improving as they play together. They’ve played together very little , and cohesion is important on the line. Allen must be given at least 8 games as the starter this season. The only exception to this is if Peterman plays like a franchise QB. That is extremely unlikely. 

I wouldn't be upset if he played the last 1/3 or so of the season if:

-the oline looks better by then

-our current QB isn't passing lights out 

#2 is very likely

#1 not so much

I guess Aaron Rodgers career was a waste because he didn't play at all the first season or three?

Every QB situation is different.

Some should sit, some shouldn't.

Allen should based on the oline.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I think if Mccarron didn’t put on that show in the second half of the Bears game this doesn’t happen.

He looked bad. 

Yeah he did not start strong but he was also working off his shoulder injury.  I agree that absent the win, he would have been cut, but with the win, and the fact that we really don't have a clear NO1 QB, it's better to keep him.

6 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

a surprise to anyone who thought the bills were shopping him thursday night.  

personally it's a smart move by the bills because AJMC is still developing as a QB- he has only played in 11 games!  

with a 93. 6 QB rating, 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio and a 64. 7 completion %

Nothing to write home to mom about, but as you say, 11 games spread out over 3 seasons. Kids still developing.

McCarron distinguished himself well in his 1st playoff appearance also in my humble opinion.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

How is it a "waste"?

With our offensive line one is bound to get hurt.

Please explain the probowl players who are getting cut by us who would have had the roster spot that ajm is taking up?

I'll be here all day waiting.

Don’t have to explain **** to be quite honest, and to make a ridiculous and condescending statement like “the probowl players who are getting cut by us who would have had the roster spot that ajm is taking up?” Is just being a jerk for the sake of being one. I mean, we only had 2 QBS on our roster last year. So, what difference is AJ being on this roster does he actually make? Yeah, he’s a veteran, but he’s barely got more in-game experience than Peterman. What is he going to do? Show Allen how to hold a clip the proper way to avoid wrist tendinitis? 

From my point of view It’s pretty simple it’s been stated he wants to start, he’s not going to be pleased being inactive each week and getting 0 reps during practices during week. The bills will probably shop him this week or in the next few. But, let’s remember he couldn’t even complete 50% of his passes against real estate agents and grocery store stock clerks. And it wasn’t like the 3rd and 4th stringers we’re dropping everything he threw to them. I just think he adds nothing to this roster. 

Edited by Captain Murica

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

Nothing to write home to mom about, but as you say, 11 games spread out over 3 seasons. Kids still developing.

McCarron distinguished himself well in his 1st playoff appearance also in my humble opinion.

Let me bump this post up for you Captain so we' re not trying to judge McCarron over a few quarters of preseason football with a rusty QB who was probably playing at 80% (IMO) coming off an injury. 

Edited by Figster

28 minutes ago, Figster said:

I think he gets the start vs Raisins.

starting rookie projects and inexperienced 2nd year guys sounds fun if you're a fan. When every loss goes on your permanent record you might think differently

Edited by reddogblitz

16 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Matt Barkley is now on IR for Cincy. Wonder if they make a play for AJM to come back and back up Dalton.

What happened to Barkely?  Did he throw his arm out completing all those passes against the Bills secondary?