Mack Traded!!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

God you don’t get it and just ignore what I said. Very very good talent evaluator. 

I get exactly what you said, we disagree. So many bad player decisions. A horribly written contract by overrating Darius and signing him to that ridiculous contract and other cash payouts crippled the Bills.  I think the rest of the world agrees with me, or otherwise he would have secured another GM position. Where is he now?

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’m telling you, the fans here aren’t ready for what is going to happen this season.  Lots of folks preaching patience in this thread will be the first to start panicking after a winless September.

I'm finally at a point where I almost don't want us to win a lot of games. When watching each game individually I'll still be rooting for a win but deep down I know a top 5 pick next year would set us up for the future and this year is a wash anyways. When I look at the roster I really think the best decision is play Peterman all year and if it turns into losses so be it... we need to be patient. A top 3 pick next year + $60 million in cap space + the hopeful franchise QB in waiting is the best case scenario.

Edited by HappyDays

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

OK, so in other words, every receiver in the league except for 10 or less can be had for a 1st round pick, but 1st round picks aren't that important? I'm having a hard time believing in your "logic" here.

What is hard to understand? If you wanted to trade for a good WR, you could get almost anyone for a first. There are very few WRs that you couldn’t get for a first round pick. Probably less then 10 in the whole league. I was saying “I”don’t think the picks are as important as the teams do. And that I wish the Bills would be willing to move a pick to get a real good proven WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What is hard to understand? If you wanted to trade for a good WR, you could get almost anyone for a first. There are very few WRs that you couldn’t get for a first round pick. Probably less then 10 in the whole league. I was saying “I”don’t think the picks are as important as the teams do. And that I wish the Bills would be willing to move a pick to get a real good proven WR. 

You fail to comprehend my point. On the one hand you say that you could get almost anyone for a first round pick. On the other hand you say that first round picks aren't all that important. To continue with your way of thinking, then your first round pick that isn't all that important can be used to get a good WR. How is that first round pick then not important?

20 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yet another good angle.  The Bills have one huge problem in the division and it’s number 12 - Mack would have helped solve that problem.

I’m telling you, the fans here aren’t ready for what is going to happen this season.  Lots of folks preaching patience in this thread will be the first to start panicking after a winless September.

There is zero that the Bills can do about “ number 12” without having an elite QB , for starters.They need to find out about Allen.  Then a quality WR corps and at least a decent OL. The Bills have managed to defeat Brady twice in 17 seasons. They’ve had a good pass rush in some of those. It’s not nearly enough. Anyway, this rebuild is only in year two and is on a timeline coinciding with Brady being out of the division and league. They can’t derail their plan over a single player that is already 27. It seems they offered something they could live with, and were turned down. The Bills will almost certainly be picking in the top 10 if not the top 5 next year. Any Bills fan that panics after a bad start this year is delusional. There’s little talent on this roster, and plugging in a Mack at a huge cost would be a mistake. This team needs to be built around its own stars that they draft themselves. If the FO cannot do this, they will be fired and replaced. Mack would have fit best on a team ready to make a run, but the Bears are a large market team and are further along than the Bills. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1