The Bills did better by Manuel in year 1

18 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Not sure what Watkins did wrong aside from injuries he couldn't help and drawing attention that no receive on this roster can command.

I think he may.have had a non team player personality and saw himself above the rest.  Not saying I know this but that was the vibe I got and clearly McD didn't like something about him.  

7 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Woods was a free agent and chose to leave.

And he didn't respect guys like Watkins and Dareus for good reason.

Woods and Goodwin left after minimal offers. Dareus I understand them not wanting to keep him but I thought they got very little for him and he timing was of the transaction was bad. Gilleslie was worth keeping but Beane  brought in his Carolina cronies. I think a lot of the decisions were questionable.

9 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

They draft Manuel and follow that up with Woods in round 2 and Goodwin in round 3. Give your young QB a chance to grow with young weapons. They also had an offensive line that was competent under Gailey and 2 running backs that were very good.

This year they draft Allen, had no 2nd round picks with that move, trade the pick at the top of round 3 so they can move up for a LB. They then use their other 3rd round pick on a DT and wait until round 6 to draft a gadget receiver. O line in shambles and pick a 30 year old Chris Ivory to complement McCoy.

They should have put McDermotts defensive ego aside and gotten this kid some targets to grow with and a line to block for when he eventually plays THIS SEASON.

And we’re still paying the price, and CANT address these issues as well as we could, because of the salary cap hell we’re in, much of which stems front the regime that drafted Manuel, and who traded away the farm to draft mediocre talent. Thankfully, we’ll be in a good spot cap-wise next offseason and can really start adding quality talent. But if they can’t get the oline figured out... it’s gojng to be a long 17 weeks.

Edited by CLTbills

They draft Manuel and follow that up with Woods in round 2 and Goodwin in round 3. Give your young QB a chance to grow with young weapons. They also had an offensive line that was competent under Gailey and 2 running backs that were very good.

This year they draft Allen, had no 2nd round picks with that move, trade the pick at the top of round 3 so they can move up for a LB. They then use their other 3rd round pick on a DT and wait until round 6 to draft a gadget receiver. O line in shambles and pick a 30 year old Chris Ivory to complement McCoy.

They should have put McDermotts defensive ego aside and gotten this kid some targets to grow with and a line to block for when he eventually plays THIS SEASON.

Jesus.....

9 hours ago, Bangarang said:

We drafted Zay Jones and traded for Kelvin Benjamin. I’m confident they will continue adding more weapons on offense to put around Allen.

Do you people think every need can be addressed in a single offseason? 

We also picked up a first rounder (Coleman).  He has warts,surely, buts still.

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The offensive line is a concern but I have never witnessed so much hysteria, especially over a pre-season game, as I have in the last 24 hours or so.

The last day just seems like your typical sky is falling stuff to me we see here all the time..

Real hysteria was the day they traded Sammy and Darby...

HC is a DC masquerading as a HC, until he proves otherwise.  So he views things from a defensive perspective.

I assume the plan is to build up the offense this next offseason, with the rebuild being where they want it for 2019.

If Allen proves to be a very good franchise QB who makes this team good or great for the next decade, it will all be worth it.

If Allen busts or just never gets to where we hope he will, it will be another failed 3 year (or so) phase of the never ending cycle.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Right?

Someone commented that if this was a regular season loss, people would be committing hari kiri. I commented that we could only hope that was the case.

...LMAO!...UBER rides to the Peace Bridge.......assistance available at the rail......

10 hours ago, corta765 said:

It's the GM's job to fix those type of holes. Last year he knew trading Watkins/Darby he had to replace both and did. Sitting idle and hoping for the best isn't going to cut it.

Apparently your magic 8 ball works better than Beanes since you knew 2/5 of the OL(that they didn't trade away) would be gone.

To the McDermott and Beane defense attorneys.....with a straight face please look at the offensive line and receiving core and then tell me people are overreacting.

This was a concern long before today. You'd think a defensive mastermind would have such an ego that he could coach up lesser talent and use those premium picks on offense.

16 hours ago, Bangarang said:

We drafted Zay Jones and traded for Kelvin Benjamin. I’m confident they will continue adding more weapons on offense to put around Allen.

Do you people think every need can be addressed in a single offseason? 

Feels like we really really whiffed on Zay and didn't with Rob Woods

19 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Exactly!!

not replacing 3 great Olineman was egregious. Also need major talent at WR and TE, should have went after:

TE Jimmy Graham

WR Allen Robinson

G Justin Pugh

RT Chris Hubbard

G JR Sweezy

7 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

To the McDermott and Beane defense attorneys.....with a straight face please look at the offensive line and receiving core and then tell me people are overreacting.

This was a concern long before today. You'd think a defensive mastermind would have such an ego that he could coach up lesser talent and use those premium picks on offense.

To the Bills fans. Please look at your coach and GM and hope they continue to do the best for the team and build this in the 3 years you expected them to regardless of the fact that we lost 2 OL Men that they did not plan to loose. Regardless of the fact that they put a bunch of stock into the DL. Finally regardless of the fact that they  are the first two that have seen mediocrity as not something to dwell on but addressed the QB situation for the better in the long haul.

44 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

To the Bills fans. Please look at your coach and GM and hope they continue to do the best for the team and build this in the 3 years you expected them to regardless of the fact that we lost 2 OL Men that they did not plan to loose. Regardless of the fact that they put a bunch of stock into the DL. Finally regardless of the fact that they  are the first two that have seen mediocrity as not something to dwell on but addressed the QB situation for the better in the long haul.

Well then I hope they invest their money a little bit smarter in free agency next year with all that money because this year's hall is not very promising.

23 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Don’t you hate Allen and everything else about the bills anyways, why do you even care