FIRST HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, MAJBobby said:

There is zero way to evaluate Allen with this offense line

I'd say oddly he won the starting job b/c he might be the only one who won't' get killed. Also, he seems like the type who will learn from the adversity.

Well, McDermott did say he wanted to see how the team adjusts after the first half. This is going to have to be one hell of an adjustment.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just chiming in. I’m afraid to read this thread. My 2cents; Allen hasn’t been given a fair chance with the bumbling team around him

That appears to be the majority view.  OL can’t pass protect and is racking up the dumb penalties, WR/TE can’t get open, can’t catch, and can’t get to the 1st down marker when they do

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Just chiming in. I’m afraid to read this thread. My 2cents; Allen hasn’t been given a fair chance with the bumbling team around him

That's about 90% of the consensus here with the other 10% blaming Allen for all of his sacks.

Just now, Bangarang said:

So you’d rather have him throw it to the feet of his first read rather than try and get to his next progression? 

He knows he's going to get sacked. 100% of the time I'd take an incomplete pass over a sack that results in a loss of 8 to 10 yards. 

If you're suggesting he doesn't know he's going to get sacked, then we have a huge problem on our hands because the pressure has been right in his face.