Possible Jets-Raiders trade

RPbillsfan

I just read an article about the negative thoughts the Raiders have with their back-up QB situation.  As the Jets are already discussing Kahiil Mack inquires is it possible the Jets offer Bridgewater and their 1st in 2019 for Mack.

This would leave the Jets without a pick until the 3rd round in 2019, but give them a premier edge rusher that they have needed for years and add to a pretty good as is defense.

Play conservative defensive orientated style of play, let Darnold develop and build the offense.  Plus the Jets do have the cap space now and in the future years to take on a huge Mack contract.

Thoughts and feedback is always appreciated.

10 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I just read an article about the negative thoughts the Raiders have with their back-up QB situation.  As the Jets are already discussing Kahiil Mack inquires is it possible the Jets offer Bridgewater and their 1st in 2019 for Mack.

This would leave the Jets without a pick until the 3rd round in 2019, but give them a premier edge rusher that they have needed for years and add to a pretty good as is defense.

Play conservative defensive orientated style of play, let Darnold develop and build the offense.  Plus the Jets do have the cap space now and in the future years to take on a huge Mack contract.

..wow.....Jason LaCanfora should be along momentarily with the breaking news.....Mack is a premier guy.......can't believe Mark Davis (oops; take that back) would let 100 Mil Chuckie override McKenzie who has been deadly silent in this whole saga....then again, rumor mill says Allen would bolt from Deadskins to have a TB reunion with Chuckie in Raiderville..."Real Housegirls of Bay Area" on the horizon?....

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

1.  The Raiders can wait for the Jets to cut Bridgewater.

2.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read somewhere that Connor Cook is amazing.

What I just read is that the Raiders coaching staff is very concerned about Cook's accuracy issues and EJ's turnover issues.

Seems like this is a deal that's good for both teams.

Just now, RPbillsfan said:

What I just read is that the Raiders coaching staff is very concerned about Cook's accuracy issues and EJ's turnover issues.

Raiders coaches need to read this board wrt Cook

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

...sounds like ulcerative colitis issues to me.....why not wait to see if Jesters carry three......either Teddy or McCown being the odd man out.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

1.  The Raiders can wait for the Jets to cut Bridgewater.

2.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read somewhere that Connor Cook is amazing.

I would think there would be a number of teams wanting to sign Teddy.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

If that trade rumor goes coast to coast,what would prevent us from offering our #1 and McCarron.Bridgewater's knee/leg will always be a concern.

EJ > AJ. EJ > Bridgewater too. I’ve read on this board that he’s one of the best back-up QB’s in the NFL. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

Gonna need more than a BU QB and a 1st.