Possible Jets-Raiders trade

RPbillsfan

The Bills already have a pretty decent defense. While I would love Mack, no thank you giving up a 1st and paying that salary. Let’s see what players shake out next off-season, when we have some money to spend, that may be had for cheaper and no compensation.

2 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Why? Denver isn't going anywhere with Miller. That team needs to be rebuilt. Having that gigantic contract means it will just take them that much longer to rebuild.

They won a Super Bowl where he was instrumental as the dominant player that day with defense remaining the strength of their team.  Teams don't get better by getting rid of players like Von Miller.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They won a Super Bowl where he was instrumental as the dominant player that day with defense remaining the strength of their team.  Teams don't get better by getting rid of players like Von Miller.

Their Superbowl window has closed. Miller's contract will become a big hindrance to them rebuilding and becoming a serious contender again.

Edited by 1billsfan

3 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Their Superbowl window has closed. Miller's contract will become a big hindrance to them rebuilding and becoming a serious contender again.

If they get decent QB play from Keenum it certainly has not in a weak AFC and any "rebuild" won't be hindered with the cap continuing to rise.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

At the end of the day a backup QB is as high on the priority list as a pile of poop. Teddy isnt going to sway anyone to give up Mack. 

Bills’ 1st rd pick + Jerry Hughes >>> Jets’ 1st rd pick and a backup QB who most likely will never see the field. 

6 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

What I just read is that the Raiders coaching staff is very concerned about Cook's accuracy issues and EJ's turnover issues.

Seems like this is a deal that's good for both teams.

AJM should be healed soon : )

??

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Coach Gruden  he is clearly rebuilding. That means he wants draft picks. that means highest bidder wins.

here is the thing. No one needs to offer Mack a contract yet. just inherit the current one.
Gruden can just ship him off.

Will he play for the New Team he lands upon?
Thats the trick.

Bills can tell him " next year our Cap gets huge". Here is a 10 million guaranteed bonus to hold you over. : )

59 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Coach Gruden  he is clearly rebuilding. That means he wants draft picks. that means highest bidder wins.

here is the thing. No one needs to offer Mack a contract yet. just inherit the current one.
Gruden can just ship him off.

Will he play for the New Team he lands upon?
Thats the trick.

Bills can tell him " next year our Cap gets huge". Here is a 10 million guaranteed bonus to hold you over. : )

It's going to be mostly a package built around draft picks. Any players involved in any deal will likely be a throw in cheap player that Gruden likes. I think that the Jets won't make that type of deal. They are still a year or two away from being in a true "Win now" position where trading for a big time player like Mack would be a sensible move. 

I suspect the Packers are where Mack ends up The Pack have 2 first round picks and need a lot of help on defense, they are also in big time "win now" mode with Rodgers getting older and a suspect defense that could use a big time pass rusher. The only issue for the Packers would be their cap in 2019 isn't very good. With Rodgers getting a new deal and adding Mack they probably would have to make a few cuts and not be very active in free agency. But with the Saints 1st to center a package around they would still have a good amount of draft capital to basically have a full draft class to work with while adding Mack to the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It's going to be mostly a package built around draft picks. Any players involved in any deal will likely be a throw in cheap player that Gruden likes. I think that the Jets won't make that type of deal. They are still a year or two away from being in a true "Win now" position where trading for a big time player like Mack would be a sensible move. 

I suspect the Packers are where Mack ends up The Pack have 2 first round picks and need a lot of help on defense, they are also in big time "win now" mode with Rodgers getting older and a suspect defense that could use a big time pass rusher. The only issue for the Packers would be their cap in 2019 isn't very good. With Rodgers getting a new deal and adding Mack they probably would have to make a few cuts and not be very active in free agency. But with the Saints 1st to center a package around they would still have a good amount of draft capital to basically have a full draft class to work with while adding Mack to the defense. 

seems like a reasonable analysis. win now and two firsts make the trade plausible ☺️ thanks 89

4 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

I'd rather follow the Belichick/Brady model which has given them 17 Goldilocks years and counting. Also, look at what Philly's doing.

The Seahawks were a mess that was destined to fall apart.

The Seahawks fell apart because they drafted poorly and couldn't replace the aging talent. The Pats had plenty of higher salaried defensemen when they won 3 outta 4, the difference is is that they moved them out when they weren't financially feasible and replaced then with younger talent.

That, and Tom Brady

6 hours ago, CSBill said:

Knowing Gruden, I bet he'd take a top draft pick, one of our backup QBs (Peterman or McCarron), and throw in McCoy? I love Shady as a football player, but I would make that trade if it was offered.

Go home, you're drunk.

• Haha (+1) 1