Possible Jets-Raiders trade

RPbillsfan

14 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Go home, you're drunk.

No, I don't drink. Logical thought.

To my Orginal thought, maybe you missed the obvious:

21 hours ago, CSBill said:

Knowing Gruden, I bet he'd take a top draft pick, one of our backup QBs (Peterman or McCarron), and throw in McCoy? I love Shady as a football player, but I would make that trade if it was offered.

If I could get an all-world game-changing defensive player who will help this franchise for several years down the road, and give up an off the field liability-waiting-to-happen player who's best years are behind him, in a heartbeat!

Edited by CSBill

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Then why did he bother inquiring with Oakland if the reports are true? 

...shouldn't we take all of this crap with a grain of salt?.......how many pre-draft accurate (COUGH) reports were out there about McBeane doing this, McBeane contacting "XXX", McBeane looking to trade up , trade down, stay put, put his picks on Ebay, etc........he's a pretty shrewd dude as in "OBD's Phil Ivey"...at least he doesn't "spill the beans (COUGH)" like McD does, right?..........

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Because it costs nothing to inquire.  And there is a chance that Oakland will decide they have to unload him for whatever they can get, even if it’s only a second round pick and player like Shaq.

If the Raiders can't get a first round pick by the trade deadline they will franchise Mack and trade him in the off-season when the draft order is set. The Raiders can at least get a late 1st and a mid round pick for Mack once teams know where they are drafting. This isn't a situation where the Raiders are just going to unload him for whatever they can get. They have the option to franchise Mack and work out a trade in the off-season. In fact it probably would be easier to trade him for a 1st in the off-season when teams know where their picks are slotted. I think a team that needs defensive help would be willing to trade pick 25 and their 4th round pick for Mack. 

9 hours ago, ganesh said:

And that is what I don't really get....It is insane..He is an All-Pro player and deserves to be paid a top-3 defensive player contract.  The Raiders have to keep their cornerstone on defense if they wan't to go deep in the playoffs...Teams without a pass rush cannot do much in the playoffs..  For a decade plus, we paid Bruce Smith what he wanted because he showed up on  *EVERY* Sunday

Usually I fall on the side of the team in these holdout situations but OAK has played this whole Mack thing pretty bad.

I mean, the 2 parties don't even seem to be talking and it comes down to the next couple of weeks for something to change.

They had plenty of time to plan for this and it must really come down to Gruden/Davis not wanting Mack for the money.

One thing some people are not considering is the timing of this whole thing.

It's one thing for a team during free agency to sign a player to a big contract and have all offseason to adjust your roster.

It's quite a different thing to do it a week before the season starts.

I don't think OAK is going to get as much for Mack as some people think.

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

No, I don't drink. Logical thought.

To my Orginal thought, maybe you missed the obvious:

If I could get an all-world game-changing defensive player who will help this franchise for several years down the road, and give up an off the field liability-waiting-to-happen player who's best years are behind him, in a heartbeat!

you're giving up a top draft pick, one of your backup qbs, AND your starting RB who, while his best years are behind him, is nowhere near washed up (though I do agree with the current legal issue being a ticking time bomb)...

it's way too much.